Liverpool V Man City - Capital One Cup Final Sun 28th 4.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Mikz » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:35 pm

Best team won by a country mile...no complaints
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:37 pm

Doeboy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:30 pm wrote:Gutted but pens a lottery.  Feel far Lucas. Was brilliant at CB and must be gutted.  Fair play to their keeper, pulled off some good saves. Need to take it in the chin and move on concentrate on the Europa and try and finish the league as strong as possible ahead of a critical summer

None of Cavajeros saves was legit...But refs hardly keep the rules..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:32 pm wrote:I think we might have found ourselves a CB in Lucas, we desperately need a new keeper though and also central midfielders who offer more than just effort.

Come on mate Lucas has played his part in the failing team which is Liverpool of the last 5+ years...let him go let's rebuild with quality and character.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:40 pm

only me » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:37 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:30 pm wrote:Gutted but pens a lottery.  Feel far Lucas. Was brilliant at CB and must be gutted.  Fair play to their keeper, pulled off some good saves. Need to take it in the chin and move on concentrate on the Europa and try and finish the league as strong as possible ahead of a critical summer

To be fair Dudek was practically at the edge of his 6 yard box for some of those pens in Istanbul so its swings and roundabouts.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:41 pm

only me » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:40 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:32 pm wrote:I think we might have found ourselves a CB in Lucas, we desperately need a new keeper though and also central midfielders who offer more than just effort.

Come on mate Lucas has played his part in the failing team which is Liverpool of the last 5+ years...let him go let's rebuild with quality and character.

i disagree, I think he could make a great CB.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 pm

Last 3 cups won on pens and we won 2 in this competition already, you cant keep banking on that.

Their keeper was terrific but had Lucas followed up after Can that was the key moment, seen it many many times, you have to put them under double pressure. Not having pop at Lucas as he played very well today.

You have to use the negative feeling as the driver going forward though thats aimed more at Klopp and his staff than this team of whom many of todays 14 will be lucky to still be here when a fresh campaign starts.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 pm

I think we maybe looked a bit too comfortable with the penalty shoot-out. Can got away with his cheeky chip, but Cout's stuttering run up just unsettled himself and consequently put more pressure on Banana. I'd much rather see a player run up and try to blast the ball through the netting and into the faces of the supporters behind the goal.
Can't complain though, the better team did win. Would've been nice to win something all the same.....
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Raoul » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:49 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:41 pm wrote:
only me » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:40 pm wrote:

i disagree, I think he could make a great CB.

Is he too small? I know he is good in the air (I've always felt he would win more than his fair share of headers while playing midfield), but I worry about him in CB long-term. Though, I do wish our other CBs would show the same aggression he does - he deserved his place today. But he does have some quality and he has got plenty of character - he's not first on my list to sell and I doubt he is on Klopp sale list either.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:51 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:40 pm wrote:
only me » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:37 pm wrote:

To be fair Dudek was practically at the edge of his 6 yard box for some of those pens in Istanbul so its swings and roundabouts.

But in Istanbul we won :D
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:55 pm

As some one has already said "penalties are a bit of a lottery"

So let's not all start jumping off high buildings. For 120 mins we did well against a (let's face it ) superior squad .

I like to think that under Kloppo foundations are being laid and two or three quality signings this summer will see us back at the top table.

YNWA

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:05 pm

Raoul

Is he too small? I know he is good in the air (I've always felt he would win more than his fair share of headers while playing midfield), but I worry about him in CB long-term. Though, I do wish our other CBs would show the same aggression he does - he deserved his place today. But he does have some quality and he has got plenty of character - he's not first on my list to sell and I doubt he is on Klopp sale list either.

He's good in the air, good on the ball and is an excellent reader of the game, moving him into the back 4 on a permanent basis could be a stroke of genius.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:07 pm

OK - Let's cheer ourselves up...
We should of lost 3-1 today
But all of SH!TIES chances fell to their 50M flop!
  :wwww
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:44 pm

When your captain shits out of taking the first penalty (if indeed he was prepared to take any) then it undermines the confidence of those with the stones to step up in his absence ,you would have had to physically restrain Gerrard to stop him going first. Henderson is a shitbag ,I doubt he would be captain in any other Premier League outfit.

Lucas was brilliant at CB and read the game like a favourite son used to ,and some of the blocks and last minute challenges were lifted straight from the Carra back catalogue. I thought Can was excellent in the middle ,and Toure played like a colossus when he was introduced.

Other than that I thought Sturridge and Coutinho were extremely wasteful ,as for Henderson I lost count of how many times he passed the ball back into his own half rather than inspire something a player charged with motivating the team would spark.

When we won the Champions League Benitez performed miracles with some players that shouldn't have been on the same pitch as a classy Milan team ,but one thing they had was heart and the belief that something so extraordinary could come from a team so ordinary.

I didn't see that in the players we fielded today ,City could have run up a cricket score if not for some gymnastics from Mignolet ,and Sterling proving once and for all his finishing is without a shadow of a doubt the weakest part of his game.

Klopp will bring what's missing to this team in terms of the personnel he recruits in the summer ,but for now he has to suffer players that just cant bring the football he wants to see played in this league ,let alone even raise their respective games for a special manager.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:48 pm

Gutted, but can't deny that the best team won. Proud of the effort though, especially from Kolo and Lucas.

Milner, Moreno, Migs and Lallana....take a bow and take a leave. You all add nothing to our side and should be pushed out of the door the second the season finishes.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:01 pm

Hendo as captain should have taken a pen and instead of Lucas i think Milner would've been a good choice.

Anyhow whats done is done.
Just want us to have a good run in Europe and get this season over with.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games