Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:54 pm

Si senor
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:59 pm

Wtf was Tsimikas doing there. He's lucky Milner only gave him a light slap.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:02 pm

Moooooo

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:03 pm

Nice one!! Game over  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:04 pm

What a dive  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:22 pm

Good start, especially for the front four

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:26 pm

Overall great result. 3 goals from 3 strikers and a clean sheet. We did get lucky that Ali had some fantastic saves as we got lazy at the end. I thought tsimikas actually played pretty well despite a couple bad errors. Defense looked good for the most part. I liked the selflessness up top as well. Mo and mane have always had a little issue with sharing, and it seems like they’re working on that, which is great for the team.
The one thing that concerned me was our seemingly intentional way were bypassing our midfield. Keita, ox, Milner just couldn’t get involved at all. I don’t know if they weren’t moving enough or what, but we seemed to just go around them. I hope it’s not a trust issue.
Great start to a new season.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:27 pm

Regulation win. Well played. Next please.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:35 pm

Much better second half performance, nice to start the season off with not just a win but an away win, I think that dynamic of every week half the results being away wins will go out of the window now the fans are back.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:56 pm

Delighted with that win but we should be going to places like that and winning comfortably if we have serious aspirations for this season.

Jota got lucky the ball fell to him for the goal because he struggled to get on the end of anything. Not surprised he was hooked early. Ox struggled as well in that position but I still would have left him on and taken Milner off instead. Some ok stuff from Kostas but quite a few mistakes creeping in as the game wore on.

Overall it was a good win and great start. 3 of the front lads grabbing a goal and keeping a clean sheet is a bonus. Virgil getting 90 minutes under the belt is another plus. MOTM for me was Mo. A goal and 2 assists is a great days work.  :buttrock

On another note VAR. Much better when they arent interfering. Not given silly fouls for minimal contact is a joy to see so hopefully they keep it up and show a bit of consistency.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:02 pm

Pretty comfortable in the end and nice to start the season with a clean sheet. Wouldn't want to see that midfield trio too often. Thought they were quite disappointing in the 1st half so will be glad to see Fabinho back in the starting 11 next week and have Henderson and Thiago on the bench at least. Few nerves for Tsimikas on his full PL debut but he looks a threat going forward. Tired badly after an hour and made a couple of mistakea but think he'll prove to be quite handy as he gets fitter. Jota barely touched the ball apart from his goal but the other attackers all looked lively. Nice steady start to the season.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:27 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:56 pm wrote:Delighted with that win but we should be going to places like that and winning comfortably if we have serious aspirations for this season.

Jota got lucky the ball fell to him for the goal because he struggled to get on the end of anything. Not surprised he was hooked early. Ox struggled as well in that position but I still would have left him on and taken Milner off instead. Some ok stuff from Kostas but quite a few mistakes creeping in as the game wore on.

Overall it was a good win and great start. 3 of the front lads grabbing a goal and keeping a clean sheet is a bonus. Virgil getting 90 minutes under the belt is another plus. MOTM for me was Mo. A goal and 2 assists is a great days work.  :buttrock

On another note VAR. Much better when they arent interfering. Not given silly fouls for minimal contact is a joy to see so hopefully they keep it up and show a bit of consistency.

It really is fantastic to see refs wave play on. Pi$$ed me off no end over the years to see footy slowly morph into basically a non contact sport. From its inceptIon football was designed to be a tough physical sport and it was that way for over a century, the game is a much better spectacle when it isn't stop start and it's allowed to flow.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:41 am

A solid performance, more perspiration than inspiration but we never looked like losing this one. Great start to the season.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:20 pm

Ok start to the season but the first half left a lot to be desired. Tsimitas showed signs of life. Keita continues to flatter to deceive. AOC gives very little. Early days. Henderson, Fabinho and Thiago will certainly do a better job in midfield. Just what would we do without Mo-new contract needed quickly !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:59 pm

I'll take 3-0 away from home on the opening day of the season every time. Of course they're rusty, I noticed VVD shying away from 500-50 situations he'd normally clatter into with gusto but thats to be expected. 37 games to go!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games