LIVERPOOL v man city Sun 3rd Oct 4.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:07 pm

Personally I am disappointed we threw away a lead twice  :down:  can't be doing stuff like that at this level.

Milner was as bad as I thought he would be and in the end lucky to stay on the pitch. Midfield was poor and Hendo in particular. Bobby was anonymous when he came on as well.
Great run from Mane and great finish for the 1st. Hell of an assist by Mo for it as well because he was the one who won possession back down the other end of the pitch. He got the second which is why he was MOTM for me today.

Yet again I feel like we robbed ourselves of another 3 points against a top side. They did play well but we gave away 2 poor goals we shouldn't have.

Shitty internationals now  :down: I also hope Salah isn't going because we would be right fooked without him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:09 pm

And Sane can go feck himself too!!    :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:25 pm

Santa » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:25 pm wrote:Time to unleash Konate and tie up Mo for life

I'd like to see VVD and Konate get a run of games together. We are leaking an awful lot of goals and Matip isn't looking great.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:36 pm

Matip was like a lumbering donkey today, a real liability. Maybe he bottled it I don't know but whenever he was on the ball he was nervous and made multiple mistakes.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:41 pm

I hear that Salah won't get a new deal but will be allowed to go on a Bosman at the end of 23. His demands equate to a 86 million pound contract and as he declines in value with age, LFC can't recover sufficient to call it value for money. It's simple numbers, it costs less to continue his current contract then let him go on a bosman thnt pay him 400k a week after his sell by date has passed. Helps to understand the Gini situation better as well.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:13 am

Reg » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:41 pm wrote:I hear that Salah won't get a new deal but will be allowed to go on a Bosman at the end of 23. His demands equate to a 86 million pound contract and as he declines in value with age, LFC can't recover sufficient to call it value for money. It's simple numbers, it costs less to continue his current contract then let him go on a bosman thnt pay him 400k a week after his sell by date has passed. Helps to understand the Gini situation better as well.

Doubt it.
Eagle

Postby redshade » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:41 am

After a abysmal first half I guess a draw is a fair result.

Like others I'd want Konate to be given a run with VVD.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:36 am

Eagle » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:13 pm wrote:
Reg » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:41 pm wrote:I hear that Salah won't get a new deal but will be allowed to go on a Bosman at the end of 23. His demands equate to a 86 million pound contract and as he declines in value with age, LFC can't recover sufficient to call it value for money. It's simple numbers, it costs less to continue his current contract then let him go on a bosman thnt pay him 400k a week after his sell by date has passed. Helps to understand the Gini situation better as well.

Doubt it.

Salah is a very different player to Gini. Gini was replaceable. Replacing Salah would be incredibly difficult if not impossible. £20m a year for his services is sustainable. Mo Salah is quite simply the difference between success and failure. If there is any truth in the suggestion that Liverpool will let him go on a Bosman then I for one would be amazed.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:41 am

We have to replace Mo, Mane and Bobby within the next 2-3 seasons...
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:19 am

Reg » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:41 am wrote:We have to replace Mo, Mane and Bobby within the next 2-3 seasons...

I think Bobby has all but been replaced. Mo and Sadio will be more difficult.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:38 am

Ok but we can't have 3 players for 3 positions, we need at least 4. We currently have  VVD, Matip, Gomez, Konate, Phillips and Rhys Williams for 2 CB positions!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:23 pm

It was a terrible game, and once again a lucky draw! We are still having the same old problems from three seasons ago, selected players underperforming, while other good players sitting on the bench. I don't think Klopp's team can beat any of the top five teams this season, lose or draw! At least, Klopp has found a new play-maker in the clumsy Matip!! The team was playing with 10- men since the withdrawal of Jota. The dud Firmno was a zero contribution losing or giving away the balls every time.  Missing Thiago badly, Minamino ought to be given a chance too. Why playing players out of position? a weird decision from a very weird manager! Milner is an old player, and he did his best to fill in that position, but we have Nico Williams a right-back who plays well there for Wales, the same applies for Robbo, Tsimikas is a far better player by a mile! Ask the Weirdo Klopp!

The best players were; Jones, Salah, Henderson, Fabinho.

The worse players were; Matip, Milner, Robbo, the Dud, and Mane

Good Luck Lads.
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby fivecups » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:04 pm

Tommy Smith » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:23 pm wrote:It was a terrible game, and once again a lucky draw! We are still having the same old problems from three seasons ago, selected players underperforming, while other good players sitting on the bench. I don't think Klopp's team can beat any of the top five teams this season, lose or draw! At least, Klopp has found a new play-maker in the clumsy Matip!! The team was playing with 10- men since the withdrawal of Jota. The dud Firmno was a zero contribution losing or giving away the balls every time.  Missing Thiago badly, Minamino ought to be given a chance too. Why playing players out of position? a weird decision from a very weird manager! Milner is an old player, and he did his best to fill in that position, but we have Nico Williams a right-back who plays well there for Wales, the same applies for Robbo, Tsimikas is a far better player by a mile! Ask the Weirdo Klopp!

The best players were; Jones, Salah, Henderson, Fabinho.

The worse players were; Matip, Milner, Robbo, the Dud, and Mane

Good Luck Lads.

Sweet Lord Jesus!!!!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:02 pm

Lets get the bad bits out of the way first ,in the first half I wasnt sure what I was watching and I don't think any reds fan inside the ground would have claimed they did. Listless ,lethargic and hopeless on the ball ,no one prepared to cover Milner who for some reason decided to take it on himself to play central midfield leaving a gap the size of Shamina Begums gash on our right flank.

Fabinho who is usually class in that holding role was completely at odds with either making a tackle or catching forty f*cking winks. Henderson looked like he'd been on the nest all night and just come straight out with out even washing his sticky face and Jones just didn't suit sitting back so deep and came across as a stroppy youth forced to endure detention. In all honesty I don't think I've seen a worse 45 mins from Liverpool in the last three seasons and in that ridiculously inept 45 City should have buried us,in fact I doubt they will ever have a better chance to humiliate against Liverpool again!

The second half Liverpool looked like a team capable of holding a competitive football match again and I celebrated Manes goal with a sense of relief and renewed hope ,but when Foden was allowed the freedom of our flank and 'not for the first time' I wondered if anything the manager had said about what was wrong with the first 45 had really registered.

Then like a sudden realization you're holding the winning lottery ticket in your sweaty palms ,Salah provides one of those moments that make you remember why you put up with the lows in this beautiful old yard with a glorious individual goal that made me fall 'once again' madly in love with the game. I celebrated this wildly ,but its hard to take that such a wondrous goal didn't turn out to be the winner and as it then happens City hit the equalizer courtesy of Matip deciding to perform a Morris dance in front of goal at the precise moment De'Bruyne strikes the ball and it deflects off our very own budding Gene Kelly past the diving Alisson ,who I think had it covered.

Funniest moment of the game was Pips histrionics on the touchline at the failure of the officials not giving Milner a second yellow ,any sane person not prone to throwing a paddy will look back on those moments and think what an absolute ***** I looked bouncing around like that and when he goes home to the wife tonight she will probably just look at him and tut and say "Sit down my little Pip and I'll make you a Horlicks ,my little feisty manager"  Then she will laugh her tits off on the phone with all the other wags and they will all concur he's a knobhead and all arrange to meet at at the Spa to discuss further.....Probably.

The sooner we can get Thiago back in the middle the sooner we can start dictating the play again ,but yesterday was just a freak game and we just simply never turned up for that first half ,so thank the lord and all that his holy for Salah and his propensity to produce the most insane of goals out of nothing !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:41 pm

RBG Great to see you back. Please don’t make this a one off.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext