Liverpool V Man City - Capital One Cup Final Sun 28th 4.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Soupyzrx » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:05 pm

Algy, forfuckssakes stop banging on about "the idiot BR" PLEASE!
I'm tired reading about it from you.
We get it, ok? You didn't like him, never did, you hope he dies a miserable, painful death and rots in hell for all eternity. Got it, ok.
He was at the club, things got fucked up a bit, and now he's gone.
He's gone Algy, gone. Ok. Now stop going on about it.
Get over it, and move on.
Spose you'll move on to "the useless Firmino"in every single post now?
There now. Rant over. I feel much better after that.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:00 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:40 pm wrote:Gerrard took enough clutch penalties over the years to prove he wasn't a bottler like the one against Arsenal in the QF of the CL, I couldn't even watch that one my nerves were that shot.

I don't think anyone is questioning SG's ability to take a penalty. It just makes for good conversation as he did not take a pen in any of the two main penalty shootouts in his career. In football, a penalty represents the only real psychological challenge that any one player has to face as the rest is pretty much a team game, unless we include free-kicks. Snooker presents this type of challenge pretty much on every shot the player takes - even the easy ones.

Would SG have scored his penalties in the two shootouts - Who knows? That's the interesting bit.
Personally I think he would have rode the lightening as he did SO MANY TIMES FOR US  :buttock
---
I love the drama of a penalty shootout, even when LFC are involved. A team has to win the right too a penalty shootout; SH!TIE LC Final and West Ham FA cup game being great examples.

One of SG's best penalties IMO (excluding the CL 1/4 against Arsenal) was the one against Fulham at the cottage when we challenged for the PL - I was listening to that on the radio, pacing the room up and down - I think his SUPERMAN / HERCULES type celebration said it all too!  :eyebrow

OH I LONG FOR SG! Those are the days..
:wwww
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby glenbuck patriot » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:35 pm

I don't think anyone is questioning SG's ability to take a penalty. It just makes for good conversation as he did not take a pen in any of the two main penalty shootouts in his career.

Just wondering which are the two main penalty shootout's, 2005 CL Final he was down to take the next if Shevchenko scored & 2006 FA Cup Final, he took one against West Ham, so I'm a little lost as to your point apart from it making good conversation, Apologies in advance if the two main penalty shootouts of his career weren't the aforementioned.
Pirrie Labour Club 1976 Bill Shankly Prize giving at local ABA Championships.

"You've been booked in to do a three round exhibition bout tonight Bill."

" My fights don't last three rounds SON!"
glenbuck patriot

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:24 pm

glenbuck patriot » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:35 pm wrote:I don't think anyone is questioning SG's ability to take a penalty. It just makes for good conversation as he did not take a pen in any of the two main penalty shootouts in his career.

Just wondering which are the two main penalty shootout's, 2005 CL Final he was down to take the next if Shevchenko scored & 2006 FA Cup Final, he took one against West Ham, so I'm a little lost as to your point apart from it making good conversation, Apologies in advance if the two main penalty shootouts of his career weren't the aforementioned.

I stand corrected if he took one in the FA Cup final. I just don't remember it  :bowdown
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:28 pm

glenbuck patriot » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:35 pm wrote:I don't think anyone is questioning SG's ability to take a penalty. It just makes for good conversation as he did not take a pen in any of the two main penalty shootouts in his career.

He took one against chel$ki in the CL semi as well didn't he? I can't remember  :laugh:
ANYWAY - He didn't take one in the CL 2005 Final and because of this it stands out in my memory as it was his greatest achievement.
  :nod
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:36 pm

johnbarnes » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:28 pm wrote:

He took one against chel$ki in the CL semi as well didn't he? I can't remember  :laugh:
ANYWAY - He didn't take one in the CL 2005 Final and because of this it stands out in my memory as it was his greatest achievement.
  :nod

Yep, our pen takers against Chelsea in the 2007 semi were Zenden (scored), Alonso (scored), Gerrard (scored) and Kuyt (scored). Robben and Geremi missed for them (Lampard scored).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:00 am

Geez... Zenden now looks like a premium player compared to what we have currently.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:49 am

maguskwt » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:00 am wrote:Geez... Zenden now looks like a premium player compared to what we have currently.

Zenden was a premium player. We had many premium players at that time which is why today it's so difficult to watch our current team...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:40 pm

johnbarnes » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:49 am wrote:
maguskwt » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:00 am wrote:Geez... Zenden now looks like a premium player compared to what we have currently.

Zenden was a premium player. We had many premium players at that time which is why today it's so difficult to watch our current team...

The only thing 'premium' about Zenden was his fucking sick pay .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games