Man City vs Liverpool-5:30pm Saturday 21st Nov

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:55 pm

What a win well done lads very impressive performance.
Coutinho and Firminho played exceptionally well. Their link up play ripped apart City.
All we need is Sturridge in front of them and we will be awesome.
I feel he will gel more with them.

Anyhow lmao to Sterling and Citeh.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:05 pm

Absolutely chuffed with that win.  :buttrock Thought our work rate in the first half hour was phenomenal. We chased everything and forced errors that we capitalised on and were full value for the lead.
Massive performance again from Coutinho and firmino hands down had his best game for us, He should have left that game with the match ball. I hope Phil's withdrawal was more caution than needed as he is vital to us. I thought everyone else stuck to their jobs and did well but those 2 really stood out today.

Biggest applause goes to klopp. He was spot on today in my book  :nod Already we look so much more cohesive and he is getting far more from those players  :nod
Onwards and upwards with 3 big points  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:15 pm

Watched the game and just taking stock.

We just went to the best team in the Pl and smashed them 1-4,

Carry on.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:41 pm

crazyhorse » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:15 pm wrote:Watched the game and just taking stock.

We just went to the best team in the Pl and smashed them 1-4,

Carry on.

1.4  :no Nowhere near the same effect as smashing them  4.1  :laugh:

Man I'm old  :help
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:43 pm

Confused, some are mentioning "Sterling" , did he play today ???    :D   :D   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:46 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:43 pm wrote:Confused, some are mentioning "Sterling" , did he play today ???    :D   :D   :D

Nah that was sagna mate  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:46 pm

Magical win against the champions ,every player was superb and we completely snuffed out Cities collective threat going forward by pressing the play with a real hunger . Coutinho and Firmino and Lallana cut through City like a scythe through wheat ,and Firmino in particular was the architect of some gorgeous sweeping gloriously inventive football ,whilst Can in the middle was imperious throughout. I honestly couldn't see a weak link in that starting 11 ,they all looked capable of producing enough energy to bounce a spark off water

Wonderful performance, absolutely thrilled with the prospect of the heights we will reach under Klopp . Special manager who will attract Europe's top young talents ,and admiring glance's from those already stamped with World class ,it wont be long before they all want to be part of the story  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:24 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:43 pm wrote:Confused, some are mentioning "Sterling" , did he play today ???    :D   :D   :D

He needed a Kloppy style hug from pelegrini at the end.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:53 pm

Hell of a performance away from home.

Every single player did their bit, a real team performance.

The front 3 linked superbly and we carved city open at will.

Now we need to start stringing good displays together.

Unbelievable how much better we look under Klopp with the same set of players.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:05 pm

Leicester top of the league!! that's the real story of the day  :buttrock

1 Leicester 13 28
2 Man Utd 13 27
3 Man City 13 26
4 Arsenal 13 26
5 Spurs 12 21
killerp

Postby redshade » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:16 pm

Yup surprising but they will drift away.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:18 am

killerp » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:05 pm wrote:Leicester top of the league!! that's the real story of the day  :buttrock

1 Leicester 13 28
2 Man Utd 13 27
3 Man City 13 26
4 Arsenal 13 26
5 Spurs 12 21

How crazy is that? And Vardy looks a real player... But so far they've played only Spurs and Arsenal at home, and you could throw Palace at home as a tough one as well. Next 6 games are against united, swansea, chelsea, everton, Liverpool, and City, so it will be interesting to see where they end up after that run.

What a game. Firmino and Coutinho were untouchable. 4 goals and we only had a real striker on the pitch for about 20 minutes when we were just nursing our lead. Sturridge, Benteke and Hendo coming back will add goals and depth that will really help us. Past almost all of our really tough away fixtures for the year already as well. Skrtel and Lovren played really well back there as well- special shout to Lovren with the tough time he's had. Lucas had an incredible game as well.

How can you not look optimistic at a time like this?
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby eds » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:44 am

What a game! What a result!

KLOPP got his tactis right and we absoulately obliterated the best team in the comp AWAY!!

If this cant convince the remaining muppets that call themselves "fans" about the German i dont know what will?

Big Skrtel was magnificent at the back. Firmino and Countinho were a pair of scissors cutting through City's paper defense while Lallana and Milner played out of their skins.

Klopp was right last game, keep the f*cking faith lads and he will make us into a force across Europe again. What a way to start the week!
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby redshade » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:42 am

Makes one think had Klopp come in the summer how things could've been even better.
Anyhow glad we got him on board early in the season. Better than never i say.
We've got "winnable" fixtures coming up and really need to starting snapping 3 pointers at home.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:47 am

only me » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:55 pm wrote:Strange lineup.....Milner shouldn't br playing....Ibe should ,Benteke should....Firmino lone striker will get hammered. ...Can should also start on the bench....Trust Klopp but this is a weak lineup.

Glad you weren't picking the team yesterday.   :D
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games