Liverpool V Man City - Capital One Cup Final Sun 28th 4.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ethanr » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:21 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:44 pm wrote:When your captain shits out of taking the first penalty (if indeed he was prepared to take any) then it undermines the confidence of those with the stones to step up in his absence ,you would have had to physically restrain Gerrard to stop him going first. Henderson is a shitbag ,I doubt he would be captain in any other Premier League outfit.

Lucas was brilliant at CB and read the game like a favourite son used to ,and some of the blocks and last minute challenges were lifted straight from the Carra back catalogue. I thought Can was excellent in the middle ,and Toure played like a colossus when he was introduced.

Other than that I thought Sturridge and Coutinho were extremely wasteful ,as for Henderson I lost count of how many times he passed the ball back into his own half rather than inspire something a player charged with motivating the team would spark.

When we won the Champions League Benitez performed miracles with some players that shouldn't have been on the same pitch as a classy Milan team ,but one thing they had was heart and the belief that something so extraordinary could come from a team so ordinary.

I didn't see that in the players we fielded today ,City could have run up a cricket score if not for some gymnastics from Mignolet ,and Sterling proving once and for all his finishing is without a shadow of a doubt the weakest part of his game.

Klopp will bring what's missing to this team in terms of the personnel he recruits in the summer ,but for now he has to suffer players that just cant bring the football he wants to see played in this league ,let alone even raise their respective games for a special manager.

Did Hendo refuse to take the first pen?

I don't remember Gerrard always going first...? Could be wrong but I don't think there's any unwritten rule of Captain's taking the first pen. You've had CB's and Keepers as captains, so that obviously wouldn't make sense, and even when your midfielders and forwards are captain they don't always go first. It's also tactical in the order you set your penalty takers, so to go after him because he didn't take the first pen seems a bit off base.

I'm not saying his some great captain, but unless there was some indication that Hendo refused (I could've missed it if there was one), I don't see a problem with Can, who scored going first.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Doeboy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:26 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:48 pm wrote:Gutted, but can't deny that the best team won. Proud of the effort though, especially from Kolo and Lucas.

Milner, Moreno, Migs and Lallana....take a bow and take a leave. You all add nothing to our side and should be pushed out of the door the second the season finishes.

Milner i can live with as a squad player and his versatile. The other 3 can feck off. Lallana has been a massive disappointment considering the money we spent on the. Total junk
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:51 pm

To be fair today was the exact polar opposite of our last trip to Wembley when we played Villa, for a start City had all their big guns out so the standard of opposition was much, much higher and instead of looking disinterested and throwing in the towel this time the lads really scrapped and fought and hung in there to the very end.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:34 am

Disappointed we lost tbh.
I know mingolet made a few saves to keep us in it but lets not forget he was responsible for us going behind in the first place. Again disappointed but not surprised we again failed to flatter up front and didn't manage a shot on target till after the 80th minute.
Threw the eyes when I'd read lucas was to start at cb alongside sakho but credit to him as he was superb and deserves motm for it. Sakho unlucky to go off but needs to communicate better when going in for challenges.
Sturridge was anonymous throughout and thought klopp should have introduced benteke ahead of origi.

Big clearout needed :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:05 am

Why didn't Milner take a penalty. It is the only thing he does eally well !! Where was captain Henderson? Where was Danny? I know he was fkd but surely he could have taken a penalty?

Disappointing result but once again a midfield totally devoid of creation and an attacking force that can't score highlight the real problems. Yes Mignolet made a mistake but he also kept us in the game when it easily could have been 4-0 at one stage. Yes he is a problem but not the main problem and he should not be castigated for his mistake.
Last edited by devaney on Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:06 am

Think it speaks volumes that after all the money we have spent over the last 2 summers, we need a big clearout. Shambles of a transfer policy
Doeboy

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:47 am

Make Lucas the captain and leave him as CB for the rest of the season.
Who writes the order of peno takers? Should've read more like this ...     Hendo, Milner, Sturridge, Can, Origi

ah well it was the mickey mouse cup anyway ha ha
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:31 am

I have already predicted this shameful result and disappointment based on the low level of quality that LFC squad do possess and this is the difference between the two teams.

The false hero (shitty Mignolet) has put the team on back foot from the early stage of the game whereas all players have straggled to come term with game proceedings despite of their limited abilities and qualities, and he is the main reason for the team loss. This Sh*t keeper will continue to give goals away as long as he stays in goal for the team. He must be dropped, if any good keeper who does not learn from mistake and keep repeating it, then he is not reliable to be No1.

It was quite pathetic how the spot kicks were taken, and if you compare it with Man. Shitti spot kicks which it were hard and low on ground and it were more precise. As for the best ever LFC captain the shitty Henderson who is only a captain material in the idiot BR’s eye, otherwise he the worst LFC captain I have ever see in my life!!, and I really doubt if Klopp would make him a captain for next season, that is if he remained a Liverpool player come next season.

Lucas ought to be the captain and should be followed by CAN, who both were best Liverpool players along with Sturridge (despite he is not even 80% fit), Milner, Lallana, little bit from Origi, and Sahko earlier. The worst players, Mig. Firmino useless, the donkey Henderson, etc.

In fact the season has really ended when we lost many vital games this month, and there are more bad loses to come starting next Wednesday and the weekend, and by the end of the month we will find ourselves out of every cups and securing a place in league below 12th or 13th spots, and all of this a special thanks should go out to BR.
algymoon

Postby Raoul » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:49 am

I'm sure Milner would have been the last penalty taker (wasn't Gerrard the last penalty taker at Istanbul). Surprised Hendo wasn't on the list, but I thought the ones picked were solid picks (ironically, except for Can).
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:32 pm

algymoon » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:31 am wrote:I have already predicted this shameful result and disappointment based on the low level of quality that LFC squad do possess and this is the difference between the two teams.

The false hero (shitty Mignolet) has put the team on back foot from the early stage of the game whereas all players have straggled to come term with game proceedings despite of their limited abilities and qualities, and he is the main reason for the team loss. This Sh*t keeper will continue to give goals away as long as he stays in goal for the team. He must be dropped, if any good keeper who does not learn from mistake and keep repeating it, then he is not reliable to be No1.

It was quite pathetic how the spot kicks were taken, and if you compare it with Man. Shitti spot kicks which it were hard and low on ground and it were more precise. As for the best ever LFC captain the shitty Henderson who is only a captain material in the idiot BR’s eye, otherwise he the worst LFC captain I have ever see in my life!!, and I really doubt if Klopp would make him a captain for next season, that is if he remained a Liverpool player come next season.

Lucas ought to be the captain and should be followed by CAN, who both were best Liverpool players along with Sturridge (despite he is not even 80% fit), Milner, Lallana, little bit from Origi, and Sahko earlier. The worst players, Mig. Firmino useless, the donkey Henderson, etc.

In fact the season has really ended when we lost many vital games this month, and there are more bad loses to come starting next Wednesday and the weekend, and by the end of the month we will find ourselves out of every cups and securing a place in league below 12th or 13th spots, and all of this a special thanks should go out to BR.

:laugh:  :Oo:  :wwww
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:37 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:32 am wrote:
algymoon » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:31 am wrote:I have already predicted this shameful result and disappointment based on the low level of quality that LFC squad do possess and this is the difference between the two teams.

:laugh:  :Oo:  :wwww

Wish old Algy would fk off  :laugh:  what a depressing repetitive twat  :laugh: He makes Eds look almost reasonable..........................
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:41 pm

:(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:39 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:44 pm wrote:When your captain shits out of taking the first penalty (if indeed he was prepared to take any) then it undermines the confidence of those with the stones to step up in his absence ,you would have had to physically restrain Gerrard to stop him going first. Henderson is a shitbag ,I doubt he would be captain in any other Premier League outfit.

Lucas was brilliant at CB and read the game like a favourite son used to ,and some of the blocks and last minute challenges were lifted straight from the Carra back catalogue. I thought Can was excellent in the middle ,and Toure played like a colossus when he was introduced.

Other than that I thought Sturridge and Coutinho were extremely wasteful ,as for Henderson I lost count of how many times he passed the ball back into his own half rather than inspire something a player charged with motivating the team would spark.

When we won the Champions League Benitez performed miracles with some players that shouldn't have been on the same pitch as a classy Milan team ,but one thing they had was heart and the belief that something so extraordinary could come from a team so ordinary.

I didn't see that in the players we fielded today ,City could have run up a cricket score if not for some gymnastics from Mignolet ,and Sterling proving once and for all his finishing is without a shadow of a doubt the weakest part of his game.

SG taking penalties in shootouts is an interesting subject. He didn't take one in any of the two big penalty shootouts in his career; CL Final and FA Cup Final.
RE; CL Final - There is a milli-second moment when the camera pans on Gerrard and Alonso just before Shevchenko takes his penalty. In those milli-seconds it does appear that Gerrard agrees that he will take the next penalty. From this it is possible to conclude that SG was always earmarked to take the 5th penalty. In both cases the 5th taker was never needed. The rest is our-story!

Klopp will bring what's missing to this team in terms of the personnel he recruits in the summer ,but for now he has to suffer players that just cant bring the football he wants to see played in this league ,let alone even raise their respective games for a special manager.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:50 pm

I think you're hallucinating if you think SG's giving the node there mate at 7:30 mins...
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:40 pm

Gerrard took enough clutch penalties over the years to prove he wasn't a bottler like the one against Arsenal in the QF of the CL, I couldn't even watch that one my nerves were that shot.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games