Chelsea v Liverpool 29/09/2018 KO 17:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:07 pm

Sturridge finish. Pure quality. The guys finishing is as good as any of our front three.

His fitness is the issue, but klopps decision not to loan him out could be key to our success this season, especially in the run in.

As for Salah. He's scored one less goal than the first seven games of last season, so he's on course to score 50 this term!!!!

Trust me, one hattrick soon and the flood gates will open for him.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:24 pm

Most would have taken that before K.O  :nod  Myself included.

It was always going to be a tough game especially if we weren't clicking up front which appeared to be the case again. We have to remember that none of them are strikers so we will have days like this.  Shaq's miss was the pick of the bunch though.

The midfield needs to do more imo, They aren't getting forward quick enough or at all. At times they sit back and don't press till the opposition is in our own half and far too often its sideways before a launch from deep. I am not surprised it took 2 of them to depart before we equalised. Not saying they were terrible or anything but just offered little in attack.

Great goal from Danny to get the point in the end. That's what I thought we were lacking all game. Someone to have a decent pop from a bit of distance because Chelsea were defending well in numbers and we were struggling to get through.  He almost got MOTM off Hoddle as well  :laugh:

City top on GD and the Chavs 2pts behind so next weeks game is an important one.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:56 am

Delighted to have snatched a point there today. I thought overall our middle worked hard to close down their threat but it has to be said Chelsea's was the most creative ,very impressed with Jorginho and Kovacic their respective passing was so much more precise than what we could proffer, the sooner the manager closes down the gap that exists betwixt midfield and our attack and affords Keita the role of architect higher up the pitch then the sooner we will bridge the lack of ingenuity that is leaving our front three so isolated. It seems apparent this season the manager is insistent on a combative midfield ,but its a midfield devoid of risk and starved of invention and the guile needed to get the best from our triumvirate.

I've seen enough from Chelsea to say 'without a shadow of a doubt' that Chelsea will be the team to beat this season ,I 'm less fearful of City as they play a more expansive and a less controlled game than Chelsea.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:00 am

Happy to take a score draw away from home at Chelsea.

Yes wasted chances but the team is still gelling and coming together but things are moving forward - compare with ManUtd!!

I'm sure the lads are learning from every game.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:05 am

Well then its just perfect that they will have a chance to put things right against City in the next league game. That should be the speech by Klopp to the players...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:24 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:56 am wrote:Delighted to have snatched a point there today. I thought overall our middle worked hard to close down their threat but it has to be said Chelsea's was the most creative ,very impressed with Jorginho and Kovacic their respective passing was so much more precise than what we could proffer, the sooner the manager closes down the gap that exists betwixt midfield and our attack and affords Keita the role of architect higher up the pitch then the sooner we will bridge the lack of ingenuity that is leaving our front three so isolated. It seems apparent this season the manager is insistent on a combative midfield ,but its a midfield devoid of risk and starved of invention and the guile needed to get the best from our triumvirate.

I've seen enough from Chelsea to say 'without a shadow of a doubt' that Chelsea will be the team to beat this season ,I 'm less fearful of City as they play a more expansive and a less controlled game than Chelsea.

I think Hazard will have his best season with them. Currently he is on another level and if he stays fit chelsea will go places this season.

I had it as a 2 horse race but i think Chelsea will be in the mix also.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:27 am

Well in Daniel again proving his worth

Like others more than happy with away point

Less happy with Chelsea form, was hoping with yet another new manager they might have been slow starters
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:23 am

Deserved a point and it would have been 3 if we had made the right decision in the final third. That 1% at the end not quite clicked into gear yet this season but when it does we will be unstoppable.

Chelsea played their part in an excellent game and in Sarri seem to have a very likeable and fair manager.

Again Hazard was the thorn in our side but Alisson stood firm in the one on one to keep us in the match allowing Sturridge to dip that incredible late shot into the roof of the net.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:16 pm

One vital point was very welcoming, however, Liverpool should have won the game by at least 1-4 considering how many the alleged World class player Salah had missed!! The World class goal was from Sturridge to save a point in a good game.
The first team line up was not right at all, Frimino was not in the game not surprising but as usual, Henderson master of square passes shouldn't start, Shaqiri is a must starter, followed by Sturridge but much earlier than last 5 minutes!. What happened to Lallana? Is he injured?
Good luck against Napoli
algymoon

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:26 pm

algymoon » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:16 pm wrote:One vital point was very welcoming, however, Liverpool should have won the game by at least 1-4 considering how many the alleged World class player Salah had missed!! The World class goal was from Sturridge to save a point in a good game.
The first team line up was not right at all, Frimino was not in the game not surprising but as usual, Henderson master of square passes shouldn't start, Shaqiri is a must starter, followed by Sturridge but much earlier than last 5 minutes!. What happened to Lallana? Is he injured?
Good luck against Napoli

What about the Nutcase!?

:D
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:33 am

The nutcase is being saved for later in the season!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:10 pm

:D
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:49 am

:cool:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games