Chelsea v Liverpool 29/09/2018 KO 17:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:24 pm

I was already preparing my hatred speech for Hazard and Chelsea. Chuffed that Studge got us a point.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:30 pm

Sturridge pulled us out of the s[hit] there, the front 3 aren't playing well at all. We need to shoehorn an AM into our starting XI imo, the lack of creativity in our MF is ridiculous, all we did was get into their half and then go sideways and backwards for 5 minutes before losing it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:30 pm

Wonder goal by Studge saves the day. I was just about to go on a rant until that went In
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:30 pm wrote:Sturridge pulled us out of the s[hit] there, the front 3 aren't playing well at all. We need to shoehorn an AM into our starting XI imo, the lack of creativity in our MF is ridiculous, all we did was get into their half and then go sideways and backwards for 5 minutes before losing it.

Don't you think you're contradicting yourself there mate? You're saying the attack isn't doing well but we need a change in midfield? I think the defence and mf are great as they are, it's the attack that needs to start working again.

It's time we stopped defending them and point the finger at them and say that all three are just not doing enough at the moment. They had more than enough chances to equalize today a lot sooner, but in the end we still needed a 89th wonder goal by Sturridge to bail us out.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:44 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:30 pm wrote:Sturridge pulled us out of the s[hit] there, the front 3 aren't playing well at all. We need to shoehorn an AM into our starting XI imo, the lack of creativity in our MF is ridiculous, all we did was get into their half and then go sideways and backwards for 5 minutes before losing it.

We created plenty of chances but the front three didn’t take them , Salah , Mane , Firmino and Shaq all squandered very good chances.

Stop blaming the midfield who today had a great battle against their three
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:52 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:44 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:30 pm wrote:Sturridge pulled us out of the s[hit] there, the front 3 aren't playing well at all. We need to shoehorn an AM into our starting XI imo, the lack of creativity in our MF is ridiculous, all we did was get into their half and then go sideways and backwards for 5 minutes before losing it.

We created plenty of chances but the front three didn’t take them , Salah , Mane , Firmino and Shaq all squandered very good chances.

Stop blaming the midfield who today had a great battle against their three

the MF was Krap! and it would always be so against top quality team..Keita must be introduced to first team and prove his worth he is our x factor and that is why we paid a Shiite load to bring him..Hendo is a great worker but never an anchor in the MF...Gini is one day in one day out And Milner is the only one I trust every day of the year..Fab and Keita must be integrated somehow.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:59 pm

btw what a contrast between Robo and Arnold...Trent can't consistently make a pass while Andy pure gold...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:06 pm

There is no one in our midfield who can knock the ball about, in the past we had players like Molby, Souness, McMahon etc who could not only spray the ball about to all points of the compass they were great at shooting from range as well.
Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum are good at stopping the opposition playing but there's no genuine ability on the ball or threat to the oppositions goal there.
Before I forget the keeper deserves a shout out today, Hazard and Willian were clean through and should have really scored, they were 2 great saves that had goal written all over them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:21 pm

Fair result in the end for me, we certainly didn't deserve to lose. I do think yakka has a point with the midfield to be honest. Chelsea had two in Jorginho and Kovacic today who I was very impressed with. Both were moving the ball around very quickly and it's difficult to press when someone has the ability to move the ball before you can even get tight to them. Our midfield has it's own qualities but think we could do with a player in that mould. Our forward 3 tried but lacked that edge when it came to the final ball. Had our chances with 2 cleared off the line, Shaqiri putting it wide and their Keeper making a save from Mane but overall a decent point away to a good side.
Doeboy

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:29 pm

They have adapted the same system, style and pressing game as us. They're slightly better in midfield than us and we're slightly better uptop. They will cause City problems playing like they play.
I said I was worried about Chelsea this year as Sarri played the 4-3-3 at Napoli really well and now at Chelsea he's got better players playing that system for him.

It was a poor performance by us and we lucky we got the draw.. the front 3 were not at the races again and the midfield lack real quality. Its the first time I've seen Robbo being ran ragged aswell. Another lesson we have to learn from.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:42 pm

Good result, now we have napoli away before we smash city at anfield, reclaiming our throne at the top of the table
Franky000

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:19 pm

Our Midfield is PANTS.

WTF did Hendo do today!?? Fcking useless.

We need stevie G mark 2
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:20 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:29 pm wrote:They have adapted the same system, style and pressing game as us. They're slightly better in midfield than us and we're slightly better uptop. They will cause City problems playing like they play.
I said I was worried about Chelsea this year as Sarri played the 4-3-3 at Napoli really well and now at Chelsea he's got better players playing that system for him.

It was a poor performance by us and we lucky we got the draw.. the front 3 were not at the races again and the midfield lack real quality. Its the first time I've seen Robbo being ran ragged aswell. Another lesson we have to learn from.

Think Sarri is a very good manager and his Napoli side were a quality team. What surprises me is how quickly he has got them playing to his style considering he only joined them midway through July.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:23 pm

Yup he has got them playing really well. A team full of quality players which Sarri has molded well so far.

Chelsea will do well this season and imo are a good shout to challenge for the title with us and City.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:00 pm

I guess that I'm in the minority when I say that I actually like our midfield then. Not denying that we lack creativity there, but for our system to work having industrial players is crucial, and having a player that can be both a worker and a creator is sometimes very hard to find (which is why I would have preferred to sign Jorginho over Fabinho, not writing Fabinho off mind).

At the moment I wouldn't change Milner and Gini for anyone because they're imperative for our system to work. I'm not against having the third midfielder being more creative, but he also needs to be a hard worker (that man was supposed to be Keita but it will take time). One thing I know for sure, having Shaqiri in there regularly instead of a midfielder will cause nothing but troububle. It will completely disrupt the balance that we so desperately tried (and finally managed) to create over the years.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games