Liverpool v Paris St German 18/09/2018 KO 8:00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby parchpea » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:26 pm

A mouth watering European encounter under the Anfield lights as the financial juggernaut that is PSG rolls into town.

The French champions have massively underachived in the CL a competition that is their holy grail. Wonderful players in every department and up front 3 players that surely at least match our fab trio, it will be interesting to see who comes out on top.

It's a real test of their credentials and Tuchel has opportunity to avenge Klopp for that heart breaking comeback he suffered at Anfield with Dortmund. I'm sure he will warn his players our team is never beaten. The Parisians will try and lay down a marker, shoot across the bows, show they mean business.

If could literally be anything, surely lots of goals and fantastic football. An absolute feast for anyone lucky enough to have a ticket. I will be tuning into BT the next best thing.
Last edited by parchpea on Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:42 pm

I think we need to dust off the old gegenpressing/Klopp-ball for this, we need to get in their faces and press them high up the pitch, we need to swarm all over them and harry them out of their stride. Our crowd needs to turn up as well. If you give the likes of Neymar, Veratti, Mbappe etc etc time and space they'll rip you to shreds.
These along with City are probably the 2 favourites to win the CL outright but if we turn up like we did against City and Roma last season we will have a good chance of turning them over.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:53 pm

What a match this is the reason why we want to be in th3 champions league.

Liverpool VS P feking SG.

Can't wait for this one, difficult to predict.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:54 pm

Alisson

Trent
VVD
Gomez
Robertson

Fabinho
Henderson
Keita

Shaqiri
Salah
Firmino

That's the team I hope we put out.. gives Milly/Gini/Mane a much needed rest.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:41 pm

Alisson

AA
VVD
Gomez
Robertson

Henderson
Gini
Kieta

Mane
Salah
Shaqiri
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:13 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:42 pm wrote:I think we need to dust off the old gegenpressing/Klopp-ball for this, we need to get in their faces and press them high up the pitch, we need to swarm all over them and harry them out of their stride. Our crowd needs to turn up as well. If you give the likes of Neymar, Veratti, Mbappe etc etc time and space they'll rip you to shreds.
These along with City are probably the 2 favourites to win the CL outright but if we turn up like we did against City and Roma last season we will have a good chance of turning them over.

Verrati is suspended :)
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:17 pm

So much for squad rotation. I bet Klopp makes a maximum of one change from Saturday, to play PSG.

Probably Shaqiri for Bobby. I can't somehow see Fabinho getting a start yet. The truth is these are all big games so might as well throw them in at the deep end.

Basically, we need our best XI to beat this lot, we will have our hands full..

PSG’s potential starting XI: Areola; Meunier, Silva, Marquinhos, Bernat; Verratti, Diarra, Rabiot; Mbappe, Cavani, Neymar

Front three of Cavani, MBappe and Neymar.... This should be entertaining!
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:02 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:17 pm wrote:So much for squad rotation. I bet Klopp makes a maximum of one change from Saturday, to play PSG.

Probably Shaqiri for Bobby. I can't somehow see Fabinho getting a start yet. The truth is these are all big games so might as well throw them in at the deep end.

Basically, we need our best XI to beat this lot, we will have our hands full..

PSG’s potential starting XI: Areola; Meunier, Silva, Marquinhos, Bernat; Verratti, Diarra, Rabiot; Mbappe, Cavani, Neymar

Front three of Cavani, MBappe and Neymar.... This should be entertaining!

Verrati is not available same with Diarra and their backline isn’t great at all - Mbappé is the guy to watch but can see them being just as afraid of us
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:56 pm

Fabinho has probably played against this crowd loads of times for Monaco so it might actually be a decent game to throw him in. As Only Me says Veratti is suspended but I think Diarra is free to play, I've just seen a clip of Tuchel's press conference from earlier today where he said he has no qualms about starting Diarra tomorrow and his experience will be invaluable.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:48 pm

Without doubt I would go with Fabinho in this and stick him in front of the back 4. It would be better had he got a few minutes at the weekend but as Yakka said he has probably faced them a few times so that's good enough for me.

Defence picks itself.

Fabinho

Keita                  WIjnaldum.

Mane        Firmino       Salah.

Probably hard on Milner as he doesn't deserve to be dropped but he could do with a rest.

Hard to call this one as they also have a front 3 that can bring the hurt tenfold so hopefully ours are in better form  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:33 am

I wouldnt change our midfield 3 for this. In fact, if Firmino is fit we should go into it unchanged.

Wijnaldum : He always plays well in the big games. He has been one of the unsung heroes of our start and rarely puts a foot wrong, especially in the big games. Not the most flashy but he's been effective.
Milner : Our most in-form player. Also the CL assist king. Against PSG is probably not the best time to 'rest' him.
Keita : With the midfield they are likely to put out, I assume our gameplan will be to try and get behind their midfield. Use the 'pockets' to create chances and he's our best option for that. Also, European games will probably suit him a bit more than PL games.

If Firmino misses this one, I'd go with Sturridge. He's never started a CL game for us which is a bit crazy. He'll be buzzing if he gets the start and I can see him having an impact.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:51 am

Shot myself in the foot for this one, bought tickets for a play and will probably miss the entire match   :glare: . Not even forced to go, arranged the whole thing myself. I am not a smart man.

Anyway, I also expect to see the same line-up as against Spurs, with only Firmino not starting as he didn't even train yesterday.

I felt optimiatic before facing Tottenham but for some reason I don't feel the same for this one. I predict a draw.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:04 am

That Diarra must be getting on a bit, I remember him playing against us for Portsmouth when we had the likes of Alonso and Torres in our side, he must be about 35. Hopefully we play with a high tempo and run them off their feet.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:23 pm

It's going to be entertaining. Interestingly enough will be how our defence holds out against Cavani and MBappe and co. This should be a stern test.

I think It will be close though, either way. Our front three are not firing properly yet, but we created plenty of chances versus Spurs

If we can beat this lot at Anfield and win most of the remaining matches, the PSG away match result shouldn't really matter.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:35 pm

Come on the Reds, put 'em away... It'll be  tough game but I sense Klopp wants to give them both barrels.

Big game so soon after Spurs,
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games