Napoli v Liverpool 03/10/2018 KO 8:00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:57 am

Don't normally start match threads but the match is tonight. Napoli were a big disappointment last season in the CL as they didn't get out of their group and it has already annoyed their chairman that we were in pot 3, he must have been really p1ssed off being in pot 2  and to have both PSG and Liverpool in his group. However, they do have a new manager in Carlo Ancelotti and I wouldn't rule out any team with him in charge. They started off with a draw away to Red Star Belgrade but are second in Serie A behind Juventus. I still reckon we will have to much for them and going for 2-0 to us.
Last edited by Boocity on Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:00 am

The non LFC-PSG games will decide the group so vital we go into the game all guns blazing. I'll take a win, any score.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:36 am

A draw wouldn't be the end of the world, if we win all our home games and draw the away games that would give us 12 points which is usually more than enough to see you through.
That's the theory anyway, as we all know things are never quite that simple in real life and all it would take would be a draw at home or a loss away to throw everything up in the air so a win would definitely be preferable,
What we can't afford to do is lose, if we assume PSG are going to get out of the group, that leaves us in a straight shoot out with Napoli for the remaining qualifying place and we can not afford a game where they get 3 points and we get zero.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:42 am

Exactly right yakka. A win is preferable but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we drew, so I wouldn't throw everything we have into trying to win, considering we have a possible title deciding match during the weekend.

All things considered, I'd rest 2 or 3 players. This is what I'd go for:

Alisson

Clyne  Gomez   VVD   Robertson

Hendo
         Milner   Keita

Salah   Sturridge   Firmino

IMO this team, while resting a few, would be enough to beat Napoli. Or at least draw.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:41 am

Anything but a convincing win will be a huge disappointment ,We are a much better team ,they aren't in a good place either in form or in spirits
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:38 pm

Judging by the matches we have played up to now, I'm predicting we will SQUANDER half a dozen chances before finding the net.

Will Klopp rotate?

It would be great to get another wins, making it 2/2, then we could qualify for the knockout stage all the sooner.

Before we play PSG away, we will have played four group games, and if we win the lot (4/4) we would have 12 points and are more or less through, meaning we can rest our first 11 for the last two matches.

simples :p
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:38 am wrote:Judging by the matches we have played up to now, I'm predicting we will SQUANDER half a dozen chances before finding the net.

Will Klopp rotate?

It would be great to get another wins, making it 2/2, then we could qualify for the knockout stage all the sooner.

Before we play PSG away, we will have played four group games, and if we win the lot (4/4) we would have 12 points and are more or less through, meaning we can rest our first 11 for the last two matches.

simples :p

We certainly want to have our place in the next round wrapped up before we head to Paris in November, I wouldn't want to be going over there needing a result.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:11 pm

3 points would be awesome however like many said a draw won't be a bad result.

Napoli have got some good players so this won't be easy.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:54 pm

This is my 2000 post!   :buttrock

I'm sure we will create a few decent chances but a lot hinges on If we take them.

I would drop Firmino or Mane and Play Sturridge as he has two goals in the last two games.

I think otherwise, we will be more or less full strength.
I hope Keita gets a run out also.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:21 pm

We got that important first win against PSG so takes the edge off pressure in Naples where we just need to relax and enjoy our football.

I feel that bad performances away in CL will usually end in defeat but maybe tonight everything will click into gear again and we absolutely batter them.

Puff out the chest and play with commitment and expression and that should be enough to win.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:11 pm

Alisson, TAA, VVD, Gomez, Robbo, Keita, Milner, Gini, Sadio, Mo and Bobby
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:12 pm

An awful lot of empty seats there.  :lookaround
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:15 pm

awful start to the game..Mainly Keita..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:22 pm

Keita is just not in the game all day...dangerous passes that almost gifted a goal. His poor day has ended not a good way to start an European night for the reds. Hendo is in
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:23 pm

He's off now for Hendo. He was chauffeured off on the buggy so hopefully he is ok and its nothing serious.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games