Mehrez :D
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:16 pm

Mane just totally useless..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:23 pm

Well we could've lost all points so considering circumstances I'll take a point in the end.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:24 pm

its about time Klopp rethinks his tactics...His front 3 aren't clicking try something else ffs..he has the players he just needs to show some flexibility...

Keita is my biggest disappointment..this lad is worth so much more then he is giving.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:25 pm

Had to win that, but all things considered, we were lucky to get the draw. All things considered I guess we can't complain.

Not the end of the world, we're on level points with City and Chelsea, but we definitely have things to think about and improve.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:27 pm

A point from the start was always a good result - three tough games in a row and you could see the players were a bit jaded but the back four and midfield battled superbly - a lot of work done. A bit more composure could have snuck the win but the front three just off the game at the moment. The unfair focus on the midfield has allowed the front three to be blameless but right now - Mane , Salah and Firmino are below par and the reason why we aren’t getting the goals but it’s a dip and there are 30 games left and not been beaten by our two rivals.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:27 pm

It was a classic case of neither team wanting to lose it rather than going out to win it. Happy with the point though
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:30 pm

Come through a difficult period joint top and Huddersfield and Cardiff next 2 in PL.

After missing that pen very relieved to take a point and City will be gutted it wasn't all 3.

Think your second pick on pens should be sorted before KO otherwise missing small but important details, maybe Mahrez was.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:30 pm

Good point considering the penalty.. I think we really need to switch it up the midfield have zero creativity.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:33 pm

We aren't playing well at all, Jurgen needs to start rotating the team and giving other players a chance because this current line up isn't working. Last season Salah, Firmino and Mane were the first names down on the teamsheet but it's time to start experimenting with other combinations.
Should mention that the defence and keeper once again were outstanding, Lovren was immense.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:34 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:27 pm wrote:A point from the start was always a good result - three tough games in a row and you could see the players were a bit jaded but the back four and midfield battled superbly - a lot of work done. A bit more composure could have snuck the win but the front three just off the game at the moment. The unfair focus on the midfield has allowed the front three to be blameless but right now - Mane , Salah and Firmino are below par and the reason why we aren’t getting the goals but it’s a dip and there are 30 games left and not been beaten by our two rivals.

Agree to a large extent but I think Keita was poor and that's slightly worrying. Him and Salah didnt offer much and atm we seem to be lacking a bit in attacking options hence the calls for Shaqiri.

In a game against this City side, a draw is never a bad result. Going forward however, Klopp will need to find some alternative solutions for our attacking play and that means changing some of the personnel (in midfield or upfront) or tinkering with his tactics and formation.

Wijnaldum and Lovren both brilliant today. MOTM between them.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:41 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:33 pm wrote:We aren't playing well at all, Jurgen needs to start rotating the team and giving other players a chance because this current line up isn't working. Last season Salah, Firmino and Mane were the first names down on the teamsheet but it's time to start experimenting with other combinations.
Should mention that the defence and keeper once again were outstanding, Lovren was immense.

exactly..We won't win based on last year heroics let's test what we signed.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:01 pm

aCe' » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:34 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:27 pm wrote:A point from the start was always a good result - three tough games in a row and you could see the players were a bit jaded but the back four and midfield battled superbly - a lot of work done. A bit more composure could have snuck the win but the front three just off the game at the moment. The unfair focus on the midfield has allowed the front three to be blameless but right now - Mane , Salah and Firmino are below par and the reason why we aren’t getting the goals but it’s a dip and there are 30 games left and not been beaten by our two rivals.

Agree to a large extent but I think Keita was poor and that's slightly worrying. Him and Salah didnt offer much and atm we seem to be lacking a bit in attacking options hence the calls for Shaqiri.

In a game against this City side, a draw is never a bad result. Going forward however, Klopp will need to find some alternative solutions for our attacking play and that means changing some of the personnel (in midfield or upfront) or tinkering with his tactics and formation.

Wijnaldum and Lovren both brilliant today. MOTM between them.

Keita looks either nervous or struggling with the pace , he has clearly got a lot more in the locker but right just appears to want to do the simple stuff. Salah started the same way last season.

Next couple of Prem games will hopefully seeing them pummelling Cardiff and Huddersfield
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:11 pm

It feels like we are flogging a dead horse with this line up atm, Jurgen keeps on putting the same 11 or 12 players out but nothing is happening, for whatever reason it's just not clicking.
Time for other players to step up to the plate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:13 pm

Woeful Performance overall. Lucky to escape with a point. Front three useless AGAIN, and Midfield nowhere to be seen to supply any creativity and chances for our forwards.  Hardly any shots on target either.

I thought Gomez was excellent, always getting forward and trying to get to get the crosses in.

I thought our defence played well, other than that VVD blunder tackle in the 84th min., we looked fairly solid.

I'm worried about Keita though, he had a good hour today, and he's struggling to adapt to this league, be it the pace and intensity or god knows what.

Still unbeaten though, but we need to start hitting a good run of form soon, because in the long run I can't see City dropping too many points.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games