LIVERPOOL VS Man City Sunday 7 October 2018 KO:16.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:14 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:11 pm wrote:It feels like we are flogging a dead horse with this line up atm, Jurgen keeps on putting the same 11 or 12 players out but nothing is happening, for whatever reason it's just not clicking.
Time for other players to step up to the plate.

Yet we are joint leaders of the Prem at the moment - must be doing something right . You would think at times we were losing and struggling bottom half of the table
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:20 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:14 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:11 pm wrote:It feels like we are flogging a dead horse with this line up atm, Jurgen keeps on putting the same 11 or 12 players out but nothing is happening, for whatever reason it's just not clicking.
Time for other players to step up to the plate.

Yet we are joint leaders of the Prem at the moment - must be doing something right . You would think at times we were losing and struggling bottom half of the table

Don't start high-fiving yet though pal, as currently only two points separate the top five teams in the table.

Lot of hard work still to do.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:28 pm

Decent result, it was important that we didn’t lose today. However our attacking play is starting become a concern with the midfield offering almost nothing going forward and the front 3 out of sorts, I definitely think it’s time for some rotation, the likes of Sturridge, Shaqiri, Fabinho and maybe even Clyne should get a go to shake things up.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:41 pm

Just overall a disappointing game.
Non existant attacking play and Keita is absolutely awful, completely off the pace.
Lucky to get a point
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:57 pm

Poor game. We weren't great but city not much better imo. Will take the point considering we could have got nothing after that poor challenge by Van Dijk for the pen. Still early in the season and as mentioned top 5 are closely bunched. Main thing at this stage is to be close to the top at the very least.
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:03 pm

Penguins » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:41 pm wrote:Just overall a disappointing game.
Non existant attacking play and Keita is absolutely awful, completely off the pace.
Lucky to get a point

Keita has been hyped up too much in some quarters for me and that has created too much unrealistic expectation around him imo. Guy is still young, settling into a new team/country. I think some people were expecting a world beater to hit the ground running but he isn't that yet. We've bought someone who has the potential to push onto being a cracking player but at 23 he'll need time.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:41 pm

After a tough run of fixtures which included Spurs and Chelsea away and City at home we have done well to still be sitting joint top so it's not all bad, we all know though that we are not going to win the league if we continue to play like this till the end of the season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:03 am

7 games in 21 days... insane. No damage done, no injuries, just need Bobby and Mo to regain their touch.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:42 am

Both teams didn't want to lose this one and it showed. We now have a great defence and a useless attack. Its like my fkg golf - one day I can drive and one day I can put but I never manage to do both on the same day !1

Top of the league. Playing badly !! WE MOVE ON !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:45 am

Lucky to a point from that game, which M. City has bossed it and should have won it, the nutcase's team is slipping away so fast, and not long before seeing them in fourth or fifth position, Arsenal will leap on top of them.
The team is out of sort the alleged world-class stars Master of Duds Firmino, and Abu Falafel Salah should be dropped, the side should be changed in order to have a variation, all teams know how LFC plays and they are succeeding of stopping them, the nutcase has no plan B, or C, he tried one last week against Napoli and he got done badly.
The most impressive team is Chelsea, the team to beat, probably Man City will push them to top spot.
algymoon

Postby Doeboy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:20 pm

algymoon » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:45 am wrote:Lucky to a point from that game, which M. City has bossed it and should have won it, the nutcase's team is slipping away so fast, and not long before seeing them in fourth or fifth position, Arsenal will leap on top of them.
The team is out of sort the alleged world-class stars Master of Duds Firmino, and Abu Falafel Salah should be dropped, the side should be changed in order to have a variation, all teams know how LFC plays and they are succeeding of stopping them, the nutcase has no plan B, or C, he tried one last week against Napoli and he got done badly.
The most impressive team is Chelsea, the team to beat, probably Man City will push them to top spot.

Man City bossed it, eh? They were nowhere near bossing it yesterday
Doeboy

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:53 pm

Lets face facts here,there wasn't much to cheer about with both sides unwilling to take up the baton and yet in the first 15 minutes I thought we would murder them such was our energy,then the fight seemed to mysteriously vanish from our game.

I mean its not even like City were more progressive when they had the ball as they invariably kept the ball in their own half seemingly loathe to risk the chance of being hit on the break ,I genuinely think this mindset was largely to blame for the non event that unfolded before us. Guardiola took a leaf out of Mourinho's book yesterday and went to Anfield with a defensive plan and it nearly worked perfectly until Mahrez skied his spot kick. So the missed penalty was celebrated in the Kop like a last minute equalizer and we're still unclear just where 90 mins of arguably the most anticipated league game went. I don't think City will ever play this defensively again,which shows the fear and panic a certain German holds over a supposed world class tactician.

Van Dijk albeit from the penalty he conceded was absolutely monstrous at the back and showed his class throughout ,Allison again was superb when he was needed and Wijnaldum the best midfielder on the park ,Mane was abysmal and fell over more than Eden Hazard in long grass, Firmino worked hard but he's a clever lad and will know the lack of movement up front has had a marked effect on his usual game, every time he won the ball back and passed to either Salah or Mane they lost possession both look a world away from being starters at the moment. On the quiet I think Guardiola would have been delighted when he seen young Trent wasn't playing and we seriously missed a player who can hit a raking ball 40 yards and torment the life out of fullbacks. It was a strange decision by the manager to fling Gomez to RB ,it was almost a case of trying to be too clever and I personally think it backfired.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:08 pm

I agree I think we missed a chance of taking points from what will be our closet rivals for the league this year. I'll guarantee they don't go as defensive at their ground. If the league goes down to 2 points we'll definitely regret not going all out for the win.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:49 pm

Salah had a golden chance second half to win it for us, when he just needed to Lob the goalkeeper, but he put it in the Kop. His finishing has been atrocious lately.

So we are lucky to get a draw
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:01 pm

I pinpointed Keita's performance this match after his stinker vs Napoli and I noticed something which is worrying me.. Naby hid behind the referee everytime we got the ball on the left hand side of the field, then we had no options and had to start our build up play again. If you don't believe it re-watch the match. Hes struggling with the pace of the game, his confidence has gone, and he's scared of getting the ball.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games