Liverpool v Paris St German 18/09/2018 KO 8:00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:01 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:16 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:15 pm wrote:Should have brought Shaqiri on much earlier for Sturridge or Salah

Both were not at the races.

Our subs need more game time.

Stop wrapping them in cotton wool Jurgen

You do understand we just won again ?

Maybe Klopp knows the players just a bit more than yourself

so if we win all is perfect and we should all STFU? subs should be introduced sooner..players are tiring..some aren't at their best..putting subs on time increases our chances..Yes end result speaks volumes but still we have tools let's use them.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:15 pm

Ghost of Shankly wrote:Great finish by Bobby when it looked a draw, but we bossed the match. Other than the goal Mbappe was as quiet as a mouse.

Good stuff

Both of their goals had an element of luck about them, their first was clearly off-side and their second initially looked like a great assist from Neymar but the ball ricocheted off Virgil straight into Mbappe's path, that ball could have broke anywhere but it fell perfectly for the lad, he didn't even have to break stride.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:17 pm

A very good and valuable win. PSG has a world class team, probably they have replaced Real as the galactico team. This grp's gonna be tight so 3 points against PSG is invaluable...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:37 pm

Only caught the last 30 minutes but we looked solid, apart from Salah who needs to be benched. Also, Gini is a f*cking beast and so is Milner. And say what you want about Sturridge but that guy knows where the net is.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:04 am

only me » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:01 am wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:15 pm wrote:Should have brought Shaqiri on much earlier for Sturridge or Salah

so if we win all is perfect and we should all STFU? subs should be introduced sooner..players are tiring..some aren't at their best..putting subs on time increases our chances..Yes end result speaks volumes but still we have tools let's use them.

I personally thought Klopp managed the game well. Our midfield 3 were bossing the game and subbing any of them off would have been risky at any point in the 2nd half. Upfront, Sturridge was subbed at about the right time and Salah is a big player and you wouldnt expect him to give the ball away as many times as he did on the counter. He's a big danger for them the more they press for that equalizer and that -to some extent- justified keeping him on with the hope of adding that 3rd. I understand a few questions about Salah not being replaced 5-10 mins earlier but overall the manager and players deserve a ton of credit for that performance and win.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:21 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:15 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly wrote:Great finish by Bobby when it looked a draw, but we bossed the match. Other than the goal Mbappe was as quiet as a mouse.

Good stuff

Both of their goals had an element of luck about them, their first was clearly off-side and their second initially looked like a great assist from Neymar but the ball ricocheted off Virgil straight into Mbappe's path, that ball could have broke anywhere but it fell perfectly for the lad, he didn't even have to break stride.

That's exactly why you cannot give these players half a yard or Time and space on the ball. Neymar I thought played well, he kept probing but we were able to close him down by doubling up on him.

VVDs touches generally were exquisite.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:23 am

only me » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:01 pm wrote:

Shaqiri looked sharp to me, I just thought he needs longer than 5/10 mins to get into the game.

Why not bring him on around 60 mins? (if our front three are having an off day etc).

It makes sense.

At least Fabinho got about 20 seconds tonight. What a debut!!
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:38 am

Fabinho's debut was sitting on the bench getting used to the atmosphere of a big night at Anfield. Coming on was the icing on the cake.

Well done Reds, good win, even if we lose in Paris we'll be even stevens with PSG so the group will be determined by results against the other 2 clubs!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:38 am

Great game and great result even though it was close to being a disappointing draw. Would have been gutted with a 2.2.

Great work and cross by Robbo to pick out Sturridge for the 1st. Good positioning from danny as well to get between the 2 for the header.  Trent did good also and caused them to switch Neymar. He made some great runs into their box tonight. Some of the stuff from Joe tonight was excellent as well. Getting better with every game and never looked out of place. Gini put in a great shift alongside Hendo and Milner. Mane continues to be our most dangerous player. Bobby's sweet finish was a worthy winner in the end.

Its great that we got the 3 points but it wasn't all perfect and we should have been home and hosed at half time.

A great start and well done lads as that was an important game to get out of the way with a win.  Top of the group as well  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:04 am

damjan193 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:37 am wrote: And say what you want about Sturridge but that guy knows where the net is.

Great result and to get it after they pulled two back, really  does show a different belief than previous season

Fantastic  to see Sturridge looking fit and still in the red shirt.

His experience gives up extra depth in the  squad
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:40 am

Btw, what a winning goal by Firmino! Its his usual move, executed to perfection. The feint bamboozled PSG defenders and the angle of the shot just outside the reach of Thiago's blocking leg and the keeper's finger tips!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:36 am

Yup it was an exquisite strike also i just remembered Klopp done over Tuchel for the 2nd time in the last min of the game. :D
Tuchel must hate Anfield.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:59 am

The good thing is the return leg in Paris isnt until November the 28th, it's actually our last game of the group stages so with a bit of luck we will already be qualified by then. When the draw was first made what initially looked like a very difficult game on paper could end up turning out to be a meaningless dead rubber.
The way the fixtures have landed we can essentially get the job done only having to play PSG once.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:36 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:59 am wrote:The good thing is the return leg in Paris isnt until November the 28th, it's actually our last game of the group stages so with a bit of luck we will already be qualified by then. When the draw was first made what initially looked like a very difficult game on paper could end up turning out to be a meaningless dead rubber.
The way the fixtures have landed we can essentially get the job done only having to play PSG once.

That would be the ideal scenario, with Napoli drawing against Red Star if we can go to Naples and get a good result we will be well on our way to qualifying, especially with back to back games against Red Star Belgrade after the Napoli game. However we cant rest on our laurels an away game at the San Paulo is no walk over.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:45 am

I thought we played excellently last night against a team which is considered one of the favourites for the competition we were by far the superior side and should really have won much more comfortably but i will take any kind of win against opposition of that quality.

Milner and Gini were outstanding again, a lot of fans were saying these two were the most vulnerable after the arrivals of Keita and Fabinho but they have been alongside Van Dijk our best players this season, I don't think they've put a foot wrong yet. Klopp probably made his best use of subs since he came to the club, I thought all of them were made at the right time and had an impact, maybe Shaqiri could of come on for Salah or Mane 5 mins earlier but that's a minor gripe.

If the world wasnt sure before they are now, we are officially back amongst the elite of Europe, to see us comfortably dominate a game vs PSG proves that we without doubt one the best teams in Europe and no one will fancy coming to Anfield.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games