LIVERPOOL vs WBA - Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 15:00ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:55 pm

Well, it wasn't pretty, but it was a win. Onwards and upwards with a break now.

Hopefully, with a few injured players back, we'll push on.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:55 pm

Well it was all about the win today. At least we can now go to the international brake with a cool head and hopefully we'll see better performances once Sturridge is back.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:56 pm

damjan193 » Oct 4th, '14, 16:55 wrote:Well it was all about the win today. At least we can now go to the international brake with a cool head and hopefully we'll see better performances once Sturridge is back.

and hopefully no more 4231

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Doeboy » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:57 pm

Job done. Was all about 3 pts today no matter how we got them. Sturridge will be back the next game and onwards an upwards
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:26 pm

As others have said not a classic but the points were more important than the performance today.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:34 pm

get in  good on you hendo vice captain took responsibility and dealt the goods.  id be happy with 2 draws tomorrow chelski and manure what you think.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:19 pm

ballotelliman » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:34 pm wrote:get in  good on you hendo vice captain took responsibility and dealt the goods.  id be happy with 2 draws tomorrow chelski and manure what you think.

I'd like to see an Everton win and a draw in the other game, I think by the time next May comes around it will probably be us and United fighting it out for that 4th CL place so any points they drop is a bonus. Everton and Spurs certainly can't be discounted it's just that I've got a feeling it will be between us and United.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:16 pm

A disjointed performance ,made conceivably more comfortable when Gerrard was moved forward ,who I thought for the last 20 minutes was exceptional ,his link up
play with Mario was a real eye catcher ,as for Lallana he proved a constant menace and our most inventive for a large part of the game . Sterling just seems to have
lost that edge to his game that he had last season ,but if he keeps working as hard as he did earlier, a return to form wont be too far away. Henderson was superb
today and he was always picking up the play when our attacks broke down ,but for his last 20 minutes and his quick incisive passing and link up play Gerrard just shades
the impressive Lallana as star man ....Let's face it ,other than resting him ,this is the one tactical change the fans have all been crying out for.

Three priceless points and an indicator to the naysayers that our demise has been greatly exaggerated.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:22 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:16 pm wrote:A disjointed performance ,made conceivably more comfortable when Gerrard was moved forward ,who I thought for the last 20 minutes was exceptional ,his link up
play with Mario was a real eye catcher ,as for Lallana he proved a constant menace and our most inventive for a large part of the game . Sterling just seems to have
lost that edge to his game that he had last season ,but if he keeps working as hard as he did earlier, a return to form wont be too far away. Henderson was superb
today and he was always picking up the play when our attacks broke down ,but for his last 20 minutes and his quick incisive passing and link up play Gerrard just shades
the impressive Lallana as star man ....Let's face it ,other than resting him ,this is the one tactical change the fans have all been crying out for.

Three priceless points and an indicator to the naysayers that our demise has been greatly exaggerated.

Excuse me but what have i been piping on about gerrard be wasted back there and as an impact sub last 2o minutes up front.think brendan needs to call me to discuss tactics me thinks   :nod
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:26 pm

and i knew he would link up well with mario. We got allen or lucas for back there.  Use markovic or gerrard up there take in turns its so obvious what weve been missing.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:41 pm

Thought we were dire for the most of that game but happy we seen it out for all the points.
We have a little break now to sort ourselves out.
Sterling looks knackered and needs a rest rather than another 2 games for England. His season will be over by Xmas if he keeps this up.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:34 pm

ballotelliman » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:22 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:16 pm wrote:A disjointed performance ,made conceivably more comfortable when Gerrard was moved forward ,who I thought for the last 20 minutes was exceptional ,his link up

Excuse me but what have i been piping on about gerrard be wasted back there and as an impact sub last 2o minutes up front.think brendan needs to call me to discuss tactics me thinks   :nod

Be careful not to dislocate a shoulder slapping yourself on the back  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:53 am

Exactly what we needed going into the international break 3 points.

Listening to BR after the game saying that unless something happens on international duty he should have a full squad to pick from against QPR

Hopefully everyone comes back fine although i do fear for Sterling getting overplayed by england.

anyway great to get 3 points

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games