LIVERPOOL v WBA, 26 Oct 2013, 3pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Raoul » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:35 pm

The team need to put a performance together against the Baggies, as we come to the last of the "easy" games, and look forward to a more difficult November.

Judging by the colour of bibs in training in the Echo (http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pictures-liverpool-fc-players-train-6237977), Agger may be on the bench again which is disappointing. If the bib thing is right, I guess we are going to go with:

Mignolet
             Toure   Skrtel   Sakho
Johnson                                  Cissoko
                  Lucas    Gerrard
                       Moses
           Sturridge      Suarez

Incidentally, in the link above I notice that Skrtel has the Chinese character for "good fortune" tattooed on his leg. Unfortunately, it is backwards - an omen?

Nah, I think we'll win this one at home. Our internationals will be sharper and I expect a reaction to last weekend's disappointment. The big question is, will we win it with fluency, or will we scrape another one? Unfortunately, I'm expecting the latter...
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:40 pm

Got the feeling Lucas may come back for this one and push old henderson out

hopefully a win 2-0

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 pm

Go back to 4 at the back

Mignolet

Johnson
Toure
Agger
Enrique

Gerrard
Lucas
Henderson

Moses
Sturridge
Suarez
Benny The Noon

Postby Doeboy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:53 pm

Fancy a 2-0/2-1 win to us
Doeboy

Postby damjan193 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:18 pm

We've lost three times in our last three games against these (2 at Anfield). Won't be easy, but it's time to put a stop to it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Focus » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:33 am

BR is a good manager but his weakness is he doesn't know how to deal with teams like WBA, Soton. I believe a draw is likely. Hope I'm wrong.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:50 am

Red Focus » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:33 am wrote:BR is a good manager but his weakness is he doesn't know how to deal with teams like WBA, Soton. I believe a draw is likely. Hope I'm wrong.

i dont think it`s a question of rodgers not knowing how to deal with those types of sides mate, i think it`s more down to the fact that those `mid table` teams tend to have a tremendous work ethic where everyone from 1 to 11 puts a real shift in and scraps for every loose ball.
at this point in our development we are not the most athletic team in the division so we struggle a bit when teams crank the intensity up. when that happens instead of trying to fight fire with fire we retreat to the edge of our own area and try to hit teams on the break.
infact the reason we are getting results is because our strike force is allowing us to punch above our weight.
at the end of last season we did play some of the best footy we`ve seen in donkeys years so we obviously have it in our locker to control games so i`m just hoping when we get all our best players back we`ll start to fire on all cylinders. for one reason or another we havent seen suarez, coutinho and sturridge in the same line up yet this season, hopefully we are not far away from putting out our strongest XI.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:52 pm

Tough game this.  They are an efficient side West Brom, deservedly won at OT this season and deservedly beat us at Hawthorns last season.  The Anfield game last season was a freak, we dominated them from start to finish, Gerrard misses a late pen and they score a header from a corner (their first effort on target), followed by a breakaway goal when we had pushed everyone forward chasing the game.  That Amalfitano looks a good player, so does Berahino and they have a solid base.

If we go 3 at the back again with Moses in the hole I don't think we'll get all three points.  I'd much rather we revert to a back four.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:03 pm

From the offal Lucas back in for Moses

The Reds team in full is: Mignolet, Cissokho, Toure, Sakho, Skrtel, Johnson, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Sturridge, Suarez.

Subs: Jones, Sterling, Agger, Kelly, Moses, Allen, Alberto

Cmon yer Reds
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:09 pm

The Reds team in full is: Mignolet, Cissokho, Toure, Sakho, Skrtel, Johnson, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Sturridge, Suarez.

3-5-2 again ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby mkingdom » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:38 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:50 am wrote:
Red Focus » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:33 am wrote:BR is a good manager but his weakness is he doesn't know how to deal with teams like WBA, Soton. I believe a draw is likely. Hope I'm wrong.

i dont think it`s a question of rodgers not knowing how to deal with those types of sides mate, i think it`s more down to the fact that those `mid table` teams tend to have a tremendous work ethic where everyone from 1 to 11 puts a real shift in and scraps for every loose ball.
at this point in our development we are not the most athletic team in the division so we struggle a bit when teams crank the intensity up. when that happens instead of trying to fight fire with fire we retreat to the edge of our own area and try to hit teams on the break.
infact the reason we are getting results is because our strike force is allowing us to punch above our weight.
at the end of last season we did play some of the best footy we`ve seen in donkeys years so we obviously have it in our locker to control games so i`m just hoping when we get all our best players back we`ll start to fire on all cylinders. for one reason or another we havent seen suarez, coutinho and sturridge in the same line up yet this season, hopefully we are not far away from putting out our strongest XI.

Yes, I think Coutinho, Suarez and Sturridge will be the best attack in the Prem by quite some distance. Looking forward to that.
mkingdom

Postby laza » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:11 pm

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:12 pm

WTF :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby mkingdom » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:13 pm

Simply world class