LIVERPOOL v WBA, 26 Oct 2013, 3pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:18 pm

A better performance than we have seen this season

Lucas and Suarez were superb. Henderson lots of energy but lacking when on the ball. West Brom threatened more in the second half but werent at the races today. The three cbs just look a mess - very clumsy. Cissokho was poor again.

Good three points against a team that have done well recently .

Need to find a way to sort out the cb's. Need Agger back in the team.
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:58 pm

i think one or two are being a bit picky and over critical, imo that was our best performance of the season by a mile and everyone did well. for once we seemed to play for the majority of the 90 minutes and that display today was reminiscent of the ones we put in at the latter half of last season.
i`m just relieved to see we that we are still capable of those types of performances, after the opening 11 games (9 in the league, 2 in the league cup) i was starting to worry that we didnt have it in our locker anymore. i was starting to worry that rodgers tweaking of the squad in the summer had sent us backwards (performance wise).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:58 pm wrote:i think one or two are being a bit picky and over critical, imo that was our best performance of the season by a mile and everyone did well. for once we seemed to play for the majority of the 90 minutes and that display today was reminiscent of the ones we put in at the latter half of last season.
i`m just relieved to see we that we are still capable of those types of performances, after the opening 11 games (9 in the league, 2 in the league cup) i was starting to worry that we didnt have it in our locker anymore. i was starting to worry that rodgers tweaking of the squad in the summer had sent us backwards (performance wise).

It was a convincing win, great to see Suarez back to full fitness, with his usual hunger for the win - I think Brendan and John Henry get a lot of credit for that. We still have Coutinho to come so we're in good shape for the next run of games that will define our season. It's the most upbeat I've felt for a few seasons now.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:23 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:41 pm wrote:On a day when we're firing on all cylinders Henderson is looking like the Sunderland player he used to be.

Very involved but disappointing.

With Lucas being so effective and Coutinho on the verge of returning, maybe Henderson will sit out the next couple.

That said his energy cannot be faulted, Arsenal will need closing down to break rhythm - he could offer that role better than anyone else.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:54 pm

Never a 4-1 game in a million years. But when you have a magician upfront anythings possible. The lads a f*cking genius and the most talented player I'd seen playing for LFC.

Disagree with those who slagged of Henderson, thought he was every bit as good as Lucas and Gerrard today. Lucas probably would have been in the running for MOM had he not given away a stupid penalty.

Cissoko was ***** poor and Sturridge had a shocker. For his goal, he shot when he should have passed, good job it went in as I think Gerrard was ready to bollock him had it not. Overall though, his performance was awful.

Thought Sahko still looked Dodgy and Skrtel had a weird game. Looked like he was going to f*ck it up every time the ball went near him but seemed to always make up for it.

Overall a good performance against a good side. We created some good chances. We need to tighten up defensively though as on another day West Brom could have had three or four themselves.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:33 pm

Stu lets give Lucas MOTM then because no way was the penalty his fault. It was down to Cissoko who was downright fkg average.

OnlyMe reckoned Sturridge was poor last week now you this week. The lad has had two goals and an assist In two games so gawd knows what we can expect when he starts playing well  :laugh: Danny scores a phenomenal goal and you look for reasons why he should have had a bollucking from Gerrard. Staggering mate. Absolutely fkg staggering. Danny was also awarded five free kicks in dangerous positions and one of them resulted in Suarez's third goal. And he also hit the bar ! I Just hope he continues to play shight and have a lot more shockers  :laugh: Haven't got a clue what you were watching Stu but it wasn't the same game as me.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:09 am

Lucas was immense and the penalty which I don't see how linemans could haven given from his position was from Cissoko

However for me  MOTM has to be Suarez a hat trick including a nutmeg and header from 18 yard line, out of this world
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:45 am

Excellent stuff!

Brilliant goals too.  :buttrock
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:42 pm

StuYesThatStu » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:54 pm wrote: Sturridge had a shocker. For his goal, he shot when he should have passed, good job it went in as I think Gerrard was ready to bollock him had it not. Overall though, his performance was awful.

Yer know Stu for someone thats' set themselves up as some kind of Newkit footy pundit you don't half at times make yourself look like a right mug.

I've questioned Sturridges decision making but in this instance he was spot on. For his goal when Sturridge set out on his run he looked up and assessed the goalies position and saw an opportunity, a few more strides and he glanced at the goalies position again, that's when he decided what he was going to do, he was never looking to pass, two (maybe three ?) more strides later he delivered one of the most sublime chips you could ask for.

Save your drinking until after the match Stu, it's obviously affecting your vision.

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:51 pm

devaney » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:33 pm wrote:Stu lets give Lucas MOTM then because no way was the penalty his fault. It was down to Cissoko who was downright fkg average.

OnlyMe reckoned Sturridge was poor last week now you this week. The lad has had two goals and an assist In two games so gawd knows what we can expect when he starts playing well  :laugh: Danny scores a phenomenal goal and you look for reasons why he should have had a bollucking from Gerrard. Staggering mate. Absolutely fkg staggering. Danny was also awarded five free kicks in dangerous positions and one of them resulted in Suarez's third goal. And he also hit the bar ! I Just hope he continues to play shight and have a lot more shockers  :laugh: Haven't got a clue what you were watching Stu but it wasn't the same game as me.

I admit missed the game (which is why we probably battered WBA) ,but the remarks on Danny aren't to take a swing at a lad for the sake of it...It's just that you see a player which is highly talented and extremely gifted you hate to see him play at half pace or that his work ethic is below Par. That's it.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:23 pm

only me » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:51 pm wrote: the remarks on Danny aren't to take a swing at a lad for the sake of it...It's just that you see a player which is highly talented and extremely gifted you hate to see him play at half pace or that his work ethic is below Par. That's it.

???

Strange comment.

Whatever criticism any of us may aim at Sturridge, personally I would never have guessed that "playing at half pace" or his "work ethic" would be amongst them.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:30 pm

only me » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:51 pm wrote:
devaney » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:33 pm wrote:Stu lets give Lucas MOTM then because no way was the penalty his fault. It was down to Cissoko who was downright fkg average.

I admit missed the game (which is why we probably battered WBA) ,but the remarks on Danny aren't to take a swing at a lad for the sake of it...It's just that you see a player which is highly talented and extremely gifted you hate to see him play at half pace or that his work ethic is below Par. That's it.

Hope you get to see the game. Danny scored an absolute worldie, hit the bar and won 5 free kicks in very dangerous positions and one of them resulted in Suarez's third goal.Personally I don't think he does play at half pace or have a poor work ethic.Not even sure that he is 100% fit. He's a good lad. 21 goals in 27 games suggests he is not on my list for selective criticism. He makes mistakes but so does everybody else. More is excepted from him because of his incredible scoring record. Cracking relationship with Luis as well. Just give me more of the same. Now if you want to have a go at Cisokko then I could fully understand where you are coming from  :grinning:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:33 pm

devaney » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:30 pm wrote:
only me » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:51 pm wrote:

Hope you get to see the game. Danny scored an absolute worldie, hit the bar and won 5 free kicks in very dangerous positions and one of them resulted in Suarez's third goal.Personally I don't think he does play at half pace or have a poor work ethic.Not even sure that he is 100% fit. He's a good lad. 21 goals in 27 games suggests he is not on my list for selective criticism. He makes mistakes but so does everybody else. More is excepted from him because of his incredible scoring record. Cracking relationship with Luis as well. Just give me more of the same. Now if you want to have a go at Cisokko then I could fully understand where you are coming from  :grinning:

Fair enough ,like I said didn't see the game did catch his amazing goal ,At least on one occasion I thought he was caught taking a "nap" on the pitch and that is why I wrote what I wrote ,I think he is world class which is capable of doing much more.

As to Aly ,yes we should cut him chop him and sell for parts   :grinning:  I admit I thought he might be better then Jose but I also wrote that it has to be seen on the pitch ,if he played Krap yesterday then I won't argue ,I do think he is capable of much more.
Anyway I'm planning on traveling to London next wknd so I'll pass judgment from 50 yards or so.
Take Care/
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:57 pm

That's a good point devenay, Sturridge did force a lot of free-kicks in dangerous areas and we even scored from one. Yacob, who is a good player, couldn't contain him at all and almost got himself sent off.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games