LIVERPOOL VS Norwich - Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 19.45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:44 pm

Norwich are actually playing very decent football. Their left winger, Redmond or something? He and Hoolalan (sp) are doing well. And I'm surprised Hooper isn't starting. Coutinho had a magical run earlier before Suarez started scoring but his shot was blocked.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ethanr » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:45 pm

Suarez is definitely a confidence player. he was struggling early on and clearly getting a bit frustrated, but once he hit his goal there was no turning back from there. Not just his goals, but he started having better control of the ball, and his passing was much, much better.

I think Gerrard has been fantastic. Tackling everybody, some incredible passes as well, and he's working as hard as anybody. Coutinho doing well, and I think Johnson has actually been really good tonight. CB pair are working alright together. Allen anonymous, but he's playing deeper so that's possibly a good thing. I still struggle to see why Sterling is starting. He really hasn't improved one bit since he started playing in the first team, and if anything he's not playing as well. Hope the guy can turn it around or he'll end up being shipped off like the other promising prospects coming from our academy.

Pretty good first half overall. Not great, but we clearly have control, and there were moments where we would hold the ball for two or three minutes straight. You can't play against a team who can do that to you, so as long as we keep control there's no reason we can't put in a couple more and get our goal difference back up.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:01 pm

I think Torres just missed another open goal :D

What a chance Sterling damn it!!
maypaxvobiscum

Postby damjan193 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:06 pm

Would be nice if Alberto and maybe Aspas can get a few minutes.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:20 pm

Suarez. :bowdown
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:20 pm

Sometimes its too easy or Suarez. Man against boys when he is bang on it.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:26 pm

4-1 Rodgers out  :p
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:42 pm

Hopefully that goal gives Sterling the confidence boost he needs :)
Luis Alberto looks very good!
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ethanr » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:50 pm

Need to stop leaking those stupid goals. Credit, it was a good finish, but if we leak goals like that in close games, we drop stupid points.

Great game overall, more for the result and just watching the little magician do what he's just done. The record for premier league goals in a game is 5, shared by 4 players I believe (one of them being f*cking berbatov). I don't think Suarez knew, or he just didn't care because he surely had a shot at it before he started to get very unselfish and almost completely stop taking shots in the second half.  Oh well, glad Sterling got a goal, I don't see much from him and hopefully that will help him in the near future.

Again, Gerrard had a great game. Almost scored 2 very good goals, and was unlucky.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:55 pm

suarez is just on another level altogether. absolutely fantastic show from him tonight. :bowdown
gerrard was immense also  :bowdown  covered some ground, got well stuck in and was unlucky not to have a goal or 2 for his efforts.
coutinho is a little gem, he will be a world beater, no doubts at all.
the 3 of them practically ran the show for us in what was a confident display in the end. it was a adequate response.
have to have a moan  :D  about the goal we gave away. it was sloppy and we should have left that game with a clean sheet. other than that i thought alberto would have got a stretch earlier. perfect game to bring him on when we where cruising at 3 nil. as for aspas, i dont know why rodgers bothered to insult the lad bringing him on with 30 seconds to go, especially after the comments of stepping up to the plate. he should have been brought on earlier.

and the bitter's beat manure  :laugh:  absolutely delighted for golum
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:59 pm

Good bouncebackability lads!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:01 pm

Brilliant result against anyone 5-1 in the Premier League and fair play after the criminal performance at Hull. We are just a bogey on them.

Rodgers never looked that happy on coverage for some reason but may be misjudging it.

Need same against against West Ham and then take what we can from much tougher games and see where we end up by the turn of the year.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:35 pm

Great result after weekend disaster just need to build on it now

On different note I feel so conflicted over the ManU v Everton result  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:34 am

And Arsenal offered £40,000,001 for Suarez....

I wonder if in January they will offer £40,000,005.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redno7 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:08 am

Great result, just what I asked for in my thread opener. On a side note, I'm so glad we got shut off Charlie Adam, dirty disgraceful bastardo of a player, should of been sent off tonight. Anyway, Suarez was awesome, Gerrard played well and we cruised it.
redno7
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games