Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:52 am

Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:35 am

Brilliant isn't it.

The moment Fergie left and Moyes joined it started the demise of both Utd and Everton. Perfect.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:42 am

SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:35 am wrote:Brilliant isn't it.

The moment Fergie left and Moyes joined it started the demise of both Utd and Everton. Perfect.

I think all this talk of the skanks having an average squad even though they're champions could be coming home to roost. Especially now that Moyes is in charge. I don't think they'll struggle that bad but I do think they might have a tough season ahead. I thought much wouldn't change really and they'll carry on - but they've had their first goalless draw in 83 games and have failed to score in two games for good knows how long. The pressure already is mounting - they're not used to this. Their fixture list was a tough start highlighted by Gollum but now but after yesterdays defeat the pressure is on and they have Man City next.

Like a few on here have alluded when they believe Rodgers can't attract top players, the same could be said for Moyes too who seems to want to go back to his old club to sign players (Rodgers has been accused of this too). Their whole back room staff has changed and Gill as well as Fergie isn't there anymore - a changing of the guard that currently looks ominous for them.

Also, Moyes's tactical decisions looked devoid of ideas and he looked like he was still managing Everton - he didn't have a clue in breaking us down, Fergie would have had the ability and nouse to change something yesterday to scrap a draw at least, Moyes didn't. Van Percy and Ferdinand looked as though they were going through the motions too, it didn't look like a happy camp.

Silly stat time:

Moyes still fails to win at Anfield.
Moyes hasn't won at Castle greyskull yet.
Moyes hasn't won a game of football in England.

:D

It will be very interesting to see how this lot go, like I said if improvements aren't made, the 'average team' label could be coming home to roost.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:00 am

Moyes certainly seems like their Hodgson so far.  All the talk of Fergie's office and chair just made him sound small time.  He's seems like he is just happy to be there.
The talk of them trying to sign Fabregas, Bale, Modric etc just made them seem desperate to be recognised as a big club in the market.
His comments about the fixture list sounded like getting the excuses in early. 
His comments yesterday were hilarious when he said it was the best they've played all season and he can see why they're champions.
He didn't really look like he knew what he was doing yesterday. 

Really hope City beat them and the pressure builds even further.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:45 am

During off season one of my wishes was for us to beat Utd and help Moyes to be unemployed by end of September.
However I'm in two minds while part of me wants to see them losing, the other part of me thinks the longer Moyes is in charge the better for us it will be
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:09 pm

Great win and a real boost for the team.

Top of the league  :buttrock

Best league start since the mid 90's?
tonyeh

Postby glambertino » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:00 pm

Brilliant result against the Mancs.  For a second Agger's face was priceless after he thought he scored.  He was a bit gutted when he realised Sturridge had but then remembered he's part of a team and there are loads of cameras about watching.
glambertino

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:09 pm

tonyeh » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:09 pm wrote:Great win and a real boost for the team.

Top of the league  :buttrock

Best league start since the mid 90's?

first time we've won our first three league games since 1993. next 6 games are swansea, southampton, sunderland, palace, newcastle and west brom.

i know it's early but this could potentially be a very good start.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:44 pm

laza » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:45 am wrote:During off season one of my wishes was for us to beat Utd and help Moyes to be unemployed by end of September.
However I'm in two minds while part of me wants to see them losing, the other part of me thinks the longer Moyes is in charge the better for us it will be

agree with that, I can just see Fergie hovering in the background waiting to come back as the saviour and hanging around for another five years
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:55 pm

The Mancs will come through in the end - they won't win the title I believe but will get top 3. Think they will win the FA Cup
Benny The Noon

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:55 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:55 pm wrote:The Mancs will come through in the end - they won't win the title I believe but will get top 3. Think they will win the FA Cup

not with that clown as manager they wont, they will make the top four and thats it
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:56 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:55 pm wrote:The Mancs will come through in the end - they won't win the title I believe but will get top 3. Think they will win the FA Cup

Clearly you aren't down-hearted after yesterdays defeat :D
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:30 pm

supersub » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:56 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:55 pm wrote:The Mancs will come through in the end - they won't win the title I believe but will get top 3. Think they will win the FA Cup

We didnt lose.
Benny The Noon

Postby supersub » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:47 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:30 pm wrote:
supersub » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:56 pm wrote:

We didnt lose.

we didn't but the mancs did and so did your Tottenham :laugh: ...
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:55 pm

My Tottenham ?

So which team are you accusing me of supporting SS ? Spurs or the Mancs ? Ensure you get the dig right
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games