Liverpool vs Man Utd 13:30 1st Sep 2013 SS1

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:40 pm

Well this is our first big test and arriving into the game with a squad small and hit by injuries

Team I think will be

Mignolet

Johnson
Wisdom
Agger
Enrique

Lucas
Gerrard
Henderson

Aspas
Sturridge
Coutinho

Subs

Jones
Kelly ?
Alberto
Sterling
Ibe
Borini
( I'm not sure if we will have any fit first team squad left ? )
Benny The Noon

Postby Hustler 2 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:42 am

That subs list, aint exactly inspiring. ;)
I think it will be a draw, prob 1-1 or 2-2. But id take another 1-0 if we can sneak it. A lot depends on which liverpool turns up. If we play like v stoke, should be a good result for us.
If Rvp is on fire though, could be a long afternoon for us.:(
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Red Focus » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:12 am

Not optimistic about this game at all after Toure's injury and with RVP and Rooney at their side. A win will be a big ask. Hope I'm wrong.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:03 am

BR was saying Skrtel could be fit for Sunday - big chance to turn his Liverpool career around
Benny The Noon

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:17 am

Given the injuries... He'll, even if MS is fit , I'd set us up solid at the back. 

Kelly/Skrtel     Wisdom       Agger

Johnson                                                            Enrique

Lucas

Gerrard

Henderson

Continuo

Sturridge
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:18 am

Posting from phone.  Obviously Enrique on the left.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Hustler 2 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:20 pm

This is as light I can remember our squad ever being before facing the scum. Possibility we might get turned over.
I think they will definately score, so we need to. As ever in these games a 1-0 lead is never enough, so we will need to score 2 at least.
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redno7 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:52 pm

I'm quietly confident to the point of being rather smug when I look at the fact that Moyes has never won a game at Anfield.
Long may this continue.

Liverpool 2 - 1 Man Utd (Sturridge, Gerrard)
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:20 pm

Don't think we can stop them scoring - the question will be - can we score against them ? I'm not sure
Benny The Noon

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:12 pm

without a doubt we can score against this lot  :buttrock  defensively toure is a massive loss but hopefully skrtel can step in, even if he isnt 100% match fit he will be a better option than wisdom who they will target as the weak link.
attacking wise we are still the same team that can turn it on and dominate the game. sturridge is on fire, gerrard should be fired up, hendo's confidence should be up, big game for coutinho to shine and hopefully aspas also. loads of positives heading into this and to echo what redno7 posted above, gollum never won here.
we will attack and if we get the lead though we need to keep at it and not revert to sitting back as we will pay the price for it.
as for the result, 3 points would be fantastic but so would a point in the long run.

mingy
                                 johnson          skrtel               agger          enrique

gerrard         lucas       henderson

aspas                sturridge           coutinho

aspas and coutinho might just have to work a little harder for this one but we definately have enough quality to hurt this lot in that starting 11.
subs: borini, sterling, ibe, wisdom, alberto, kelly and flanagan.  not a great bench by any means but these are the games that you have to stand up in and hopefully if given the chance, we get a surprise or two.
at this point i am quite optimistic we can get a result  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:30 am

I'm going defensive 4-4-1-1, no way we can afford to push high up with Rvp & Rooney waiting to counter.

I don't really see any options on the bench that would give us an edge, Sterling, Borini, Alberto, Kelly etc..

Mignolet
                                 Johnson          Skrtel               Agger          Enrique

Aspas      Gerrard         Lucas       Henderson

Coutinho

Sturridge

If we keep them out  to a 0-0 I will be very happy
killerp

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:10 am

We will win

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:22 am

killerp » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:30 am wrote:I'm going defensive 4-4-1-1, no way we can afford to push high up with Rvp & Rooney waiting to counter.

I don't really see any options on the bench that would give us an edge, Sterling, Borini, Alberto, Kelly etc..

Mignolet
                                 Johnson          Skrtel               Agger          Enrique

Aspas      Gerrard         Lucas       Henderson

Coutinho

Sturridge

If we keep them out  to a 0-0 I will be very happy

I don't think defending is a viable option for our Team. This is our weakest link ,even before the injuries ,so to suggest we embrace a defensive formation AFTER the injuries is plain suicide. We need to score more then we concede. Our attacking Unit is as good as they get ,so let's ram them from the beginning and hope our Defensive line holds.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:06 am

What time's KO, some say 12:30 others 1:30?
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:13 am

gung ho.

from the kick off the games objective is SCORE MORE THAN THEM. We're gonna leak a goal, just make sure we scored at least 8.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games