Liverpool vs manchester united - Fa cup

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:08 pm

ok if people thought Gerrard's tackle was bad, what about that 50-50 tackle with rafael and meireles? rafael went two footed and got nothing out of it

???
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:08 pm

Rose-tinted glasses folks...deffo a red card. Stupid, stupid challenge from Gerrard.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:11 pm

not rose tinted bungle, I'll admit to a bad tackle and a red card, but I just can't admit to that challenge, in all the challenges I have seen that was no where near a red card!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:11 pm

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:12 pm

metalhead wrote:ok if people thought Gerrard's tackle was bad, what about that 50-50 tackle with rafael and meireles? rafael went two footed and got nothing out of it

???

If Mierles hadnt been such a pu$$y and jumped out of the tackle then maybe there could have been a yellow card or something but Rafael came in at a different angle then gerrard and was standing up when he made the tackle, gerrard came in from the side
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:13 pm

obvisously gutted with the result,but i'm very proud of the players alround effort,team spirt especially when gerrard got sent off. for me it was never a penalty- but the sending off,well after watching it a few times now imho the rules these days if you go in 2 footed off the floor you run the risk of being sent off.

that for me also is the sort of decsion that oppo teams will get at that hovel!

but i will take alot of positives from today,cause kenny for me has already unified the team in team spirt & i was impressed with the way he wasn't frightened to make changes when he did- like he said he wanted to try & freshen things up & it was a great reaction from kenny when he took torres off.- i think that today he has made a statement to all the players that he will install & demand 110% effort & commitment from every player so their will be no hiding place for any player including torres.

finally for me yet again -i thought Martin Kelly was outstanding! my motm.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:14 pm

Dundalk wrote:If Mierles hadnt been such a pu$$y and jumped out of the tackle then maybe there could have been a yellow card or something but Rafael came in at a different angle then gerrard and was standing up when he made the tackle, gerrard came in from the side

a yellow card, but it was two footed wasn't it?

should have been a yellow for Gerrard
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:14 pm

lakes10 wrote:one thing is very clear........we need new players. even with 11 men playing we did not look that great.
Hope the owners have the funds to spend, we need it now.

by the way got to say how :censored: man u looked, how the hell they are top is shocking.

if we had better players than kuyt and lucas available for selection then we would be a much different team.
i know it sounds like blame the usual 2 but both have no vision,no pace and limited ability.
both would be good squad players imo and nothing more.

manure are nothing of the team they were,same as us they are carrying dead weight also but just not as heavy as some of ours atm.i see a lot of there games and am puzzled how also they get the results they do, as often they are undeserved.
very similar to milan 3-4 yrs ago,bunch of geriatrics who get decisions and results.
oh wait!! milan were bribing refs. :eyebrow so maybe they arent the same afterall :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redbilly » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:18 pm

BBC Website....
According to our man Chris Bevan at Old Trafford, Kenny Dalglish will hold a full press conference at 1500 GMT tomorrow at Anfield for his official unveiling as the club's new manager until the end of the season.

More from Chris Bevan at Old Trafford: "Kenny Dalglish, who only met his Liverpool squad at 1030 GMT this morning, on his return as Reds boss: "I was on a cruise ship heading for Bahrain and sat at the bar when I got a call from John W Henry saying he would like me to look after the team until the end of the season. I'm grateful to the people on the boat for letting me get off so I could get a plane back last night. Sir Alex Ferguson said 'welcome back' - and it is brilliant to be back in the job. It doesn't seem that long ago I was last in the dug-out and the reception I got off the fans was unbelievable - it crossed my mind to do a Jose Mourinho and sprint down the touchline to thank them but I never quite made it."
Last edited by redbilly on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redbilly

Postby Redangel » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:21 pm

When are we going to get consistency from refs ? That's all I ask !!
Redangel

Postby redhayesy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:22 pm

Kopite-Jud wrote:Never a penalty, the red card was unlucky, seen people get away with far worse, best away performance I've seen in over year, Kenny's presence has undoubtedly sparked a reaction, let's get back to the old style of play. Just want to also say Martin Kelly looks like a gem, would play him rightback Johnson right wing. Happy days

good post mate,the only thing i would say is that johnson should be dropped full stop. Martin Kelly really deserves a regular start at RB & make johnson fight for his place,cause i may be in a minority here but i just can't buy into this idea that johnson on right side of midfield would be any better,he's not a winger & that for me is what the team really needs a.s.a.p

an established right winger who is consistantly good at delivering quality crosses,is a priority for me. who's out their & is available is another question all together.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:24 pm

metalhead wrote:
The Good Yank wrote:One word.  Berbaflop.

Berbadive more like it

I actually posted Berbadive on facebook and someone suggested Berbaflop would be better because it sounds more like his name :p
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:27 pm

the introduction of Shelvey and Babel injected the much need pace we had been lacking and Torres got more involved in the match. i hope to see him and Babel up front together soon. i'm baffled by the substitution of Torres especially when he was getting more involved in the game. Reina and Kelly today were immense and Kuyt was hardworking as ever though he could improve in his passing. it's such a shame that Aurelio's free kick was saved. i think he slipped? i noticed a number of times our players slipped during the match. either the boots or the pitch needs fixing. delighted to see Agger back in the game, he's so classy and composed on the ball. not very disappointed with the result at all. i feel optimistic about the next game.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby RobinHood6969 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:28 pm

I guess i saw a bit of 4-3-3 before Stevie got sent off. Thats when we were giving them a bit of trouble...
RobinHood6969

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:29 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:the introduction of Shelvey and Babel injected the much need pace we had been lacking and Torres got more involved in the match. i hope to see him and Babel up front together soon. i'm baffled by the substitution of Torres especially when he was getting more involved in the game. Reina and Kelly today were immense and Kuyt was hardworking as ever though he could improve in his passing. it's such a shame that Aurelio's free kick was saved. i think he slipped? i noticed a number of times our players slipped during the match. either the boots or the pitch needs fixing. delighted to see Agger back in the game, he's so classy and composed on the ball. not very disappointed with the result at all. i feel optimistic about the next game.

Torres never got involved in the match, he was very poor.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games