Liverpool vs manchester united - Fa cup

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:52 pm

One word.  Berbaflop.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:53 pm

"so anybody that leaves the ground is going to be sent off?"

Well f*cking said, Kenny!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:53 pm

The Good Yank wrote:One word.  Berbaflop.

Berbadive more like it
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:53 pm

metalhead wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:gerrard out for bitters game

Thank you Webb :(

MH - SG deserved that. Ludicrous "challenge".....phuckin' disgrace of a challenge if you ask me....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Emerald Red wrote:"so anybody that leaves the ground is going to be sent off?"

Well f*cking said, Kenny!

where is lakes.. he said that Kenny knew it was a red card! :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:54 pm

metalhead wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Webb decided the game early. Disgraceful display from him, and got both crucial decisions wrong. Gerrard could be seen calling him a tw@t as he walked off the pitch, and he's not wrong. The man should be stripped from his badges and should go and officiate non-contact sports like basketball or something. It seems to be perfectly fine to give a decision if you dive with no contact, than to send a man off for a fair tackle with relatively little contact. Fair play my bollox!

As far as our game was concerned, before the sending off we looked solid and ambitious with our passing going forward. We'd a much more solid shape about us. Kelly, Skrtel and Agger were all excellent. Aurelio had a bit of a 'mare to be honest. Kenny's subs had real purpose. Encouraging. We can only improve vastly from here in.

Skrtel was shyte mate

but agree about everything else

Disagree. I thought he was excellent. He got his head on a lot of crosses, and covered well. He didn't put a foot wrong.

Distribution was awful, got roasted by Owen when Owen came on, and caught ball watching too many times.

I thought Kelly did ok defensively but very good going forward.

Reina had to get that MOTM not the cheat

Aye, but that was at the end of the game, mate. Everyone was shattered. He and Agger did a brilliant job in the middle. If they didn't, we'd have been battered.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:55 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
metalhead wrote:

MH - SG deserved that. Ludicrous "challenge".....phuckin' disgrace of a challenge if you ask me....

Never in a million years mate, watch De Jong's tackle on Ben Arfa.

and then come and tell me if Gerrard's a red card or not.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:56 pm

one thing is very clear........we need new players. even with 11 men playing we did not look that great.
Hope the owners have the funds to spend, we need it now.

by the way got to say how :censored: man u looked, how the hell they are top is shocking.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:57 pm

i definately dont agree with the gerrard sending off,50/50 ball,both players facing it and minimal contact,yellow at best.
if they were facing each other then i would agree its a red
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:02 pm

Gerrard should know better than to go into a tackle two feet blazing like that though. A yellow, yes. Red, no way.
tonyeh

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:02 pm

red till i die!! wrote:i definately dont agree with the gerrard sending off,50/50 ball,both players facing it and minimal contact,yellow at best.

Exactly. It's all to do with the scenario and the context which the tackle was made. If it was so dangerous, then why isn't Carick in hospital right now. because the force which Gerrard flew in would have snapped him in half if there was intent.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:03 pm

metalhead wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Never in a million years mate, watch De Jong's tackle on Ben Arfa.

and then come and tell me if Gerrard's a red card or not.

De Jong should have went for that......and today so should have Gerrard

i always try and judge those descions by thinking what I would say if it was the other way around and in truth I would have been sceaming at the tele for the United player to go

Southgate made a good point in the ITV studio at half time, he said that Mierlies had just jumped out of a tackle mins before that and Gerrard thought Im not having this.

He went in with to feet and was high. You can get away with that in modern football and unfortunately he had to go
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:04 pm

Never a penalty, the red card was unlucky, seen people get away with far worse, best away performance I've seen in over year, Kenny's presence has undoubtedly sparked a reaction, let's get back to the old style of play. Just want to also say Martin Kelly looks like a gem, would play him rightback Johnson right wing. Happy days
Kopite-Jud

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:06 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
red till i die!! wrote:i definately dont agree with the gerrard sending off,50/50 ball,both players facing it and minimal contact,yellow at best.

Exactly. It's all to do with the scenario and the context which the tackle was made. If it was so dangerous, then why isn't Carick in hospital right now. because the force which Gerrard flew in would have snapped him in half if there was intent.

ER Alonso didnt end up in hospital after De Jongs tackle on him in the World Cup Final but he still should have been sent off.

While In my eyes he might get away with it, in modern football he was always going to go.

Even Gerrard knew it, there was no argument from him
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Despite the result and having to play 10 against 12 we looked a lot better out there than we have done. There was a lot more direction to our play than there has been for a long while. The defence looked more organised and composed under what little pressure Howard Webb I mean the Mancs put them under.

KK hasn't had any time to do anything with the team yet but I just sensed that his presence lifted the players a bit and that he also had a plan and wasn't scared to adapt it to what he was seeing on the pitch.

Our season starts Wednesday when we WILL beat Blackpool!! :;):
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games