STOKE CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 13 november 2010, ko: 17:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:03 pm

bigmick wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
bigmick wrote:Well we haven't won there in either of the last two seasons,

Getting the excuses in early I see.  :D

I think you're having trouble wih the difference between "excuse" and "perspective" Bav. I know you and your mates prefer it if we judge Roy without considering the latter ("drawing at Wigan is a disgrace of a result etc etc"), but if we are sensibly to consider the situation, it IS actually relevent.

Stoke isn't an easy place to get a result at. Much as I know it would suit the posse if we could all pretend that any less than a 4-0 win and a DVD release performance was the norm for such a fixture, those of us who resign ourselves to a real world existance know that a positive result there is not to be sniffed at.

I think you are getting some basic concepts confused ,drawing at Wigan is in no way a disgrace ,playing as we played in Wigan IS a disgrace.

The same goes for the Stoke game ,if we play with the same defeated mentality we have been playing all year long ,with defending deep ,having no will/ability to pass the ball ,we are faced with another disgracefull performance. Your "perspective" is of a loser which has no faith in your team. While i doubt how good this set of players can actuelly play i'm sure we can do much much better then just being a sad sight to watch.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:18 pm

Stoke: Begovic – Huth, Faye, Shawcross, Collins – Pennant, Whitehead, Delap, Etherington, Walters – Jones

Liverpool: Reina – Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Konchesky – Lucas, Poulsen, Gerrard, Maxi, Kuyt – Torres
maypaxvobiscum

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:23 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:Stoke: Begovic – Huth, Faye, Shawcross, Collins – Pennant, Whitehead, Delap, Etherington, Walters – Jones

Liverpool: Reina – Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Konchesky – Lucas, Poulsen, Gerrard, Maxi, Kuyt – Torres

oh :censored: thats a crappy lineup
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:26 pm

metalhead wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:Stoke: Begovic – Huth, Faye, Shawcross, Collins – Pennant, Whitehead, Delap, Etherington, Walters – Jones

oh :censored: thats a crappy lineup

agreed. the only player who could hurt us is Delap and Jones from throw-ins.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Zidane » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:52 pm

Wont see the match but hope we win. Wanted to see the greek play though :/.  I understand mick bringing up past results because a lot of people realy g0 over the top with some comments here, but that said for me personally last year was us at our absolute worst so I would hate to see us settle for those tye of performances this season.  If that is the best we can do then unfortunately roy isn't up for it. We absolutely need to improve this year imo. Like I said though I completely understand micks point cause there does need to be some perspective here.  Every match in the premiership is tough and rarely do any teams put in a lot of goals but the bottom line is the three points.  Posting off a phone is weird.
Zidane

Postby Red-er-Dare » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:08 pm

Is that the line-up?

Gerrard on the right or Kuyt, probably Kuyt.

Have to say I would have liked to have seen Soto man up against his tonsilitis and play in this one.

When I look at that side, I see a team going out there to sit deep again and score on a counter attack.

I don't know how he recovered but Maxi looked quite lazy/tired to me on Wednesday night and I'm not sure if he'll fair much better against Stoke today. However that isn't the concern I have really, the main concern is Poulsen in that line-up, he's been nothing short of abysmal thus far, although I saw a slight improvement against Wigan - but wouldn't exactly right home about it.

And the fact we're going to possibly sit deep against mighty Stoke. Well, it's not so much the sitting deep that worries me, it's playing the ball out or retaining possesion deep insider our own half. Which is why I reckon Roy will play Gerrard off Torres today so he can help the ball stick and work some magic where Kuyt couldn't against Wigan.

In summary I predict us conceeding terratorial advantage with Stoke camped in our half for exactly 65mins, the other 25mins will consist of the ball being out of play, a player injured and freekicks awarded and us playing it long out of defence trying to hit Nando and Gerrard.

C'mon lads, c'mon Roy get us three points today please...
Last edited by Red-er-Dare on Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red-er-Dare

Postby Thewaykokid » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:27 pm

ffs poulsen......really??? Where is meireles? Or even Spearing? :angry:
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby Fauxy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:36 pm

I would much rather Spearing than that sh!tty poulsen.

However he has recently spoke about his poor form and how he intends to improve so he has himself in the spotlight today
Fauxy

Postby bigmick » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:04 pm

"sh!tty Poulsen"? :no

Lets hope today he doesn't get booed by our own fans anyway. How people expect such behaviour to result in the player playing better has always been a mystery to me when other teams fans have done it. Our fans doing it is a bit of a newish experience for me obviously, but I can't understand it any the better.

On the bright side, if we do lose the match it will give people a ready made reason to put the boot into the manager.
Last edited by bigmick on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:15 pm

He is pretty sh!tty mate :D
Fauxy

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:25 pm

Sotirios Kyrgiakos returns for Liverpool against Stoke City this evening, a game you can listen to live online from 5.25pm GMT.

The Reds team in full is: Reina, Konchesky, Carragher, Skrtel, Kyrgiakos, Lucas, Gerrard, Maxi, Kuyt, Meireles, Torres. Subs: Jones, Kelly, Shelvey, Poulsen, Jovanovic, Babel, Ngog.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:43 pm

Like the look of that team, glad to see Meireles in the mix again, though I'd like to see him in the middle with Kuyt down the right, which presumably won't happen.

Anyone know if Pacheco is injured or out of favour?
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:45 pm

I'm having issues with myp2p tonight - anyone else unable to load the site?
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:57 pm

Raoul wrote:I'm having issues with myp2p tonight - anyone else unable to load the site?

Yep me too. I get the following message when clicking on sopcast chanells "unable to acces sopcast services" looks like their down at the present time  :(

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Raoul » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:58 pm

I need my sopcast!

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games