STOKE CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 13 november 2010, ko: 17:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby dawson99 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:47 pm

keep it to the thread people, lots of people make snide remarks, and talking about snide remarks is pretty snidey in itself

I think we'll beat Stoke, i hope Kuyt is well rested and we fly out of the traps
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:05 pm

3-1 win for us.

Kuyt with a scrapy goal around the 20 minute mark, followed by a stoke equaliser 10 minutes later. Nick the greek then to score a trademark header in the 70th minute, before David n'gog is brought on and scores late on to finish the game off on the counter attack (similar style to manc game).
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:32 pm

This isn't going to be pretty. Aimless long balls pumped randomly into the area at will. And I haven't even mentioned Stoke yet. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:05 pm

stmichael wrote:This isn't going to be pretty. Aimless long balls pumped randomly into the area at will. And I haven't even mentioned Stoke yet. :D

:laugh: Now that made me laugh, nice.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:09 pm

Reg wrote:3 - 0 to Stoke

There's the spirit!

A slim 1-0 to us methinks. Can see Roy ringing the changes though. Many looked tired and I can't see them recovering that quickly.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red-er-Dare » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:53 am

stmichael wrote:This isn't going to be pretty. Aimless long balls pumped randomly into the area at will. And I haven't even mentioned Stoke yet. :D

:D
Red-er-Dare

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:19 am

bigmick wrote:Well we haven't won there in either of the last two seasons,

Getting the excuses in early I see.  :D

Torres and Gerrard are on form so im expecting us to go in fighting. Any win will do for me. I don't care if we score the only goal from a double deflection, as long as we win.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:06 am

bavlondon wrote:
bigmick wrote:Well we haven't won there in either of the last two seasons,

Getting the excuses in early I see.  :D

I think you're having trouble wih the difference between "excuse" and "perspective" Bav. I know you and your mates prefer it if we judge Roy without considering the latter ("drawing at Wigan is a disgrace of a result etc etc"), but if we are sensibly to consider the situation, it IS actually relevent.

Stoke isn't an easy place to get a result at. Much as I know it would suit the posse if we could all pretend that any less than a 4-0 win and a DVD release performance was the norm for such a fixture, those of us who resign ourselves to a real world existance know that a positive result there is not to be sniffed at.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:43 am

I dont get how one fan'says another fan is getting excuses ready over facts... We're not against each other here, we all want a Liverpool win right?

The fact is we havent won there in 2 years... its not an excuse, its a fact. That shows that it is a tough game for us, but i really think we can win. Like him or loathe him, roy isnt an idiot. He'll see the 1st half of our last game, then the second, and see straight away what needs to to happen. I actually think this is gonna be our best win of the season so far, i think you'll see midfield popping up with the goals today
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:45 am

We go here with them garbage ten men behind the ball tactics we will be onto a hiding, take note Roy !!!!
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:08 am

Ciggy wrote:We go here with them garbage ten men behind the ball tactics we will be onto a hiding, take note Roy !!!!

and we go there and play like mean bar stewards and spank 'em then we're moving on up!!!

(im an optimist)
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thinkpad » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:43 am

We will win if we do the following:
1) Players do not play "plague" ball. Like those played during the last regime. When the pall is passed to the player, they should keep the ball instead of "instinctively" pass it to someone else.
This is the kind of rubbish that we have been playing so far when we are playing poorly and it is no coincidence. Playing ping pong with soccer ball with static players will doom Roy and Liverpool.
2) Add to the first point, keep the freaking ball on the feet. Keep challenges away not shy away from them.
3) Dribble to create an opening or chances. One touch football and constant passing to the back of the players are not effective.
4) Always head to where your team mates are. Something so simple yet so hard to do. Does all our players have an awareness deficiency?
5) Don't just panic kick the ball away up field all the time. Passing it further up field to a team mates have more "benefits" than kicking it up field as far as possible.
6) Players should be mobile, instead of just waiting for the ball to come to their feet. The last game our attack are so easily block because the players are all static.
The opponents just need to appear infront and the pass is intercepted. Whya re we still playing with such strategy?
7) Offense is the best defense. Brazil did not win the World Cup by having the best defense. It won by having the best offense.

Get it right and win against Stoke.
Thinkpad

Postby laza » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:43 pm

2-0 to us
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:00 pm

Has anyone got the team yet?
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:05 pm

bigmick wrote:Has anyone got the team yet?

I havent sorry mate.

Usually get it by now as well unless we are sweating on fitness of anyone last minute.

I think this is going to be a very tough game and like most probably dire.
I will miss it as i have a wedding all day, means i miss the boxing as well later  :(

If we can even sneak a one nil away here i will be happy.
The players did look very tired Weds and there arent really any viable options to change it.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games