Pre Season Friendlies 2018

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Eagle » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:59 pm

I think Firmino will get 45 mins against Napoli and 45 against Torino on Tuesday. I think he’s a bit different from Mane and Salah as he is not as much as natural athlete and likes a drink and a party so West Ham might be a little too early. If he doesn’t play I think it’s more likely to be Solanke or Shaq starting.

I think Alisson will play all 3 games.
Eagle

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:26 pm

Eagle » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:06 pm wrote:
Still on holiday: Henderson

WELL... He'd better get his Asss back to training camp soon, sipping pina coladas in Barbados., as the season starts in 12 days. :p
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:31 pm

James Pearce‏Verified account @JamesPearceEcho · 7m7 minutes ago 

It's 31 degrees here in Evian and #LFC have three training sessions today. Second one completed.

Jurgen is still working them hard!
Eagle

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:28 pm

I'm just going to snooze through the remaining friendlies as they are pretty dull :(
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:06 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:28 pm wrote:I'm just going to snooze through the remaining friendlies as they are pretty dull :(

Dull? The early pre season games are the dull ones when you basically have 2 XI's playing a half each and the team is full of kids.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:32 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:06 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:28 pm wrote:I'm just going to snooze through the remaining friendlies as they are pretty dull :(

Dull? The early pre season games are the dull ones when you basically have 2 XI's playing a half each and the team is full of kids.

Yes sorry, I just can't get into friendlies as they are not competitive enough. I thought about getting a ticket for the Torino match on Tuesday, but decided against it in the end.

I'm waiting for the real action to begin versus West Ham.... :buttrock
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:47 pm

Decent first half two quick goals. Even though Alisson didn't have much to do i thought his looked composed and his delivery is pretty good. When his on the ball there is no feeling of nervousness.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:59 pm

Decent enough fist half although Napoli can count themselves unlucky not to have scored themselves, that lad was clearly onside. I'd like to see us dominate the ball a bit better, they are having too much possession for my liking.
Good warm up for next week though, you don't want to play a team of no hopers you want a decent test.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:16 pm

2-0. Good stuff. Not watching but keeping an eye on it. Sub at half time. Shaqiri on for Firmino.

What's Keita playing like!?
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:51 pm

5-0 FT quite enjoyed that tempo was typical pre-season but enjoyed our play and goals. I had a feeling Moreno will one day get a goal like that :D his tried that soo many times.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:24 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:59 pm wrote:Decent enough fist half although Napoli can count themselves unlucky not to have scored themselves, that lad was clearly onside. I'd like to see us dominate the ball a bit better, they are having too much possession for my liking.
Good warm up for next week though, you don't want to play a team of no hopers you want a decent test.

Strange game that ,but I suppose it bodes well when you allow a team with the quality of Napoli to dominate possession and  still give them a tin hat ,I definitely thought Keita was struggling with their quick and at times instinctive passing but then it was a strange midfield the manager picked to surround Keita with. I agree I'd like to see us be a lot more rapid with our passing and Keita afforded the opportunity to roam more freely with Fabinho given the more restricted role.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:56 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:24 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:59 pm wrote:Decent enough fist half although Napoli can count themselves unlucky not to have scored themselves, that lad was clearly onside. I'd like to see us dominate the ball a bit better, they are having too much possession for my liking.

Strange game that ,but I suppose it bodes well when you allow a team with the quality of Napoli to dominate possession and  still give them a tin hat ,I definitely thought Keita was struggling with their quick and at times instinctive passing but then it was a strange midfield the manager picked to surround Keita with. I agree I'd like to see us be a lot more rapid with our passing and Keita afforded the opportunity to roam more freely with Fabinho given the more restricted role.

Think of it like two boxers sparing.
The emphasis is to work on the teams weaknesses...
After the CL final many wrote / complained that we were dominated in midfield.
----
I think the manager concedes to the fact that some teams will dominate possession -
We have to learn how to manage this to our advantage.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:30 pm

I'd start Shaquiri next week against West Ham, never mind a sub he looks one of the best players at the club. Great to see Sturridge looking so sharp as well, that raking crossfield ball to Moreno was superb.
If we pick up a few injuries we could always play the keeper in midfield, he's one of the best passers on our books.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:35 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:24 pm wrote:

Yeah Jurgen wasn't too happy with the way we lost our shape during the latter stages of the first half, the midfield was all over the place, our fullbacks were constantly left defending 2 on 1 situations. Second half was much better though.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:17 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:35 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:24 pm wrote:

Yeah Jurgen wasn't too happy with the way we lost our shape during the latter stages of the first half, the midfield was all over the place, our fullbacks were constantly left defending 2 on 1 situations. Second half was much better though.

Yeah,noticed that the Big man was left to cover Clynes position more times than is comfortable and the midfield ' as you say' looked less than adventurous Wjinaldum in particular seemed to dawdle with his decision making which if I'm honest seemed to infect Keita's usual flow.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games