LYON VS LIVERPOOL - Wednesday 4th november

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Madmax » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:21 am

I thought insua had a quite good game some of his deliveries were poor but he defended will.. Impressed with the lad!!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:22 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
anne wrote:Guy's

I'm brand new here, and sure enough, will make a few enemies with this but I cannot see the logic in blaming Rafa over the substitution:
According to some, after the substitution Lyon then went "Gung-Ho!!!"

Why on earth would they do that? Trailing 1-0 at home and if we were to get a second, they would have been the ones in dire straits in this group (away goal rules)!!! Seeing as we probably wouldn't have banged 3 past Fiorentina and they probably would have got beat in Italy, especially after that performance!!!

Put simply it was a terrible defensive mistake, Agger & Insua got caught ball watching, and as for "The Greek"...well, that's history now!!

Hi Anne, where you from?  :;):

Be warned Anne , dont go there love :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:22 am

s@int wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:

I'm brand new here, and sure enough, will make a few enemies with this but I cannot see the logic in blaming Rafa over the substitution:

Why on earth would they do that? Trailing 1-0 at home and if we were to get a second, they would have been the ones in dire straits in this group (away goal rules)!!! Seeing as we probably wouldn't have banged 3 past Fiorentina and they probably would have got beat in Italy, especially after that performance!!!

Put simply it was a terrible defensive mistake, Agger & Insua got caught ball watching, and as for "The Greek"...well, that's history now!!

Mate its not that kind of site.

:laugh:

just messing  :D

anyway cya tomorrow. off to school now. and i wonder if im alone thinking we WILL qualify?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:24 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
s@int wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:

Mate its not that kind of site.

:laugh:

just messing  :D

anyway cya tomorrow. off to school now. and i wonder if im alone thinking we WILL qualify?

Nah mate , I still think we will as well.  :nod  Sad that we have to depend on the French, but I think we do it.
account deleted by request

Postby Dazzer » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:26 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Dazzer wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
lakes10 wrote:looking at the other forums they all seems to put the blame at Rafa, dont look like the press will.

Which Forums Lakes , because i for one would like to know,

Ill tell you what if you an that Dazzer went an stood on the kop an come out with all the sh.ite you do about the boss on here , five minutes id give yehs

Why what they do to me nanny beat me up ?  :laugh:

Try it mate an youll see , You are a fecking whopper , Fact, You come on here for a wind up , Alls you spout is sh.it,

As ER said there w,ankers on here just ready enjoy other peoples misery. an ill tell you what you are the fecking ring leader, Youd be better off on Kanwars forum same type of wan.kers on there, youll be at home

Wow you paint such a great picture for people looking in to our club.so if any one disagrees with some thing Rafa does the kop kicks their heads in grow up you nut job.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:27 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Battered them from start to finish and some questionable defending from Agger let them in at the end.

But for that, he was faultless all night.

No doubt some silly sods are blaming Kyrgiakos for the goal, but he did what he could after Agger let the ball go over his head.

That said, his attempted header back to Pepe was shocking...

Nothing wrong with the selections (Skrtyl has been worse than Kyrgiakos recently), substitutions, tactics or motivation. Once again we were undone by an individual mistake.

It was the Greek's mistake that ultimatly allowed them in, Lando. Fair enough, he made an attempt at throwing a leg in, but he should know better that by missing the ball or c0cking it up would have resulted in a goal scoring chance, and that's exactly what happened. The man is supposed to be experienced. He should have either stayed on his legs and blocked off the runners, or just simply wiped one of them out for a free kick. It's all if and buts, but he was making some terrible decisions all night that could have resulted in a goal either way. Unfortunately he picks the 90th minute.

In fairness and to his defense, he's just back-up material and no big Sami. The Skrt had the Flu, and Johnson likewise. Was really a makeshift backline that really had one bad lapse in concentration all night. Unlucky.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:29 am

Dazzer wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
Dazzer wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
lakes10 wrote:looking at the other forums they all seems to put the blame at Rafa, dont look like the press will.

Which Forums Lakes , because i for one would like to know,

Ill tell you what if you an that Dazzer went an stood on the kop an come out with all the sh.ite you do about the boss on here , five minutes id give yehs

Why what they do to me nanny beat me up ?  :laugh:

Try it mate an youll see , You are a fecking whopper , Fact, You come on here for a wind up , Alls you spout is sh.it,

As ER said there w,ankers on here just ready enjoy other peoples misery. an ill tell you what you are the fecking ring leader, Youd be better off on Kanwars forum same type of wan.kers on there, youll be at home

Wow you paint such a great picture for people looking in to our club.so if any one disagrees with some thing Rafa does the kop kicks their heads in grow up you nut job.

its not about disagreeing with Rafa Dazzer, you can thats fair enough but its every :censored: post mate, its tiresome
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:40 am

There were a series of errors that cost us the goal, the last one being the Greek's, but prior you had Babel missing a header, Insua failing to get tight, Agger misjudging the flight of the ball, and before you know it the guy's past Kyrgiakos and it's in. Way too easy.
LFC2007

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:53 am

bunglemark2 wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:Maybe if I chose not to spend £7M on a waste of space like Dossena, I could put THAT 7M together with the 2.5M we spent on Zorba, and maybe, just maybe, I'd have picked up a half-decent defender instead, huh ? ???

You mean the Dossena who is still playing for Italy?

Come on lad - he's a good player but he can't get used to the league - and £7m is f*cking peanuts nowadays anyway. :no

Would that be the Italy who were completely muck down in South Africa recently ?
Or the Italy that somehow contrived to win their World Cup group this year, purely on the basis of the fact that the rest of the teams were even worse that they were (my own bleedin' country included !) ?
Dossena is awful, but that's not what this post or thread is about. It's about wasting money and being left with knee-jerk signings like Zorba who ONCE, almost gifted a goal, and TWICE fell like a sack o' spuds with two players clear in on goal....

Is "muck" today's key word?

You're overreacting - accept we drew away from home despite clearly being the better team throughout due to a defensive error.

People seem to forget that Lyon are a very good side and we are still knackered with injuries.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:00 am

Madmax wrote:I thought insua had a quite good game some of his deliveries were poor but he defended will.. Impressed with the lad!!

The lads coming on in leaps and bounds, fantastic.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:04 am

I'm passed blaming people because it achieves nothing but jeeez, supporting Liverpool is very tough on your emotions isnt it?

It looks to me its going to drag on for another 2-3 years before we sort these inconsistencies out.

I'll be bald by then.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:12 am

lakes10 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Its got nothing to do with Torres coming off

Its got nothing to do with Rafas tactics

It was nothing to do with Aquaman not coming on

It was simply a bad defensve mistake from the big Greek

Simple as that.

If it was me, id try and finish bottom of the group because - and I might get slaughterd for this - even winning the UEFA Cup would be embarrassing.

Don't overlook Voronin's pathetic miss in the first half.  We had other chances as well to put the game out of reach but didn't take them.  It's the rule of football karma that failing to put chances away in a must-win game will come back and bite you in the ar.se.  Absolutely gut-wrenching.  :down:

:bowdown

gutted

although Voronin's was by far the easiest missed chance, there were a few others as well
JoeTerp

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:24 am

Reg wrote:
Madmax wrote:I thought insua had a quite good game some of his deliveries were poor but he defended will.. Impressed with the lad!!

The lads coming on in leaps and bounds, fantastic.

As is Lucas. He's really starting to impress me lately. He's been getting the run of games he's needed to develop, and it's showing in his last few performances.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:55 am

Insua played much better defensively than in the previous Lyon match.  Haven't seen enough replays, but where was he on their goal?
JoeTerp

Postby The_Rock » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:03 am

Finally a good away performance against a classy team this season. I don't really care about the Champ league at the moment.....So as long as the team plays well...we should be able to finish in the top 4 come end of this season.

If we can dominate lyon in france with a patched up team....there is no problem doing the same against villa, man city...and rest of the league even when we have some players missing.(except for Manure, chelsea and arsenal....where we gotta play really well to get anything from those games).

So i hope to see a similar performance for the rest of the matches this season. This should be the benchmark.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games