LYON VS LIVERPOOL - Wednesday 4th november

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:59 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Nah, mate, you were right the first time focusing on the Grok's c.ock up.  Fact was, Torres was a virtual passenger by the end and was not causing Chris and Toulelan many problems on the night as whole.  Scottbot's spot on: they were content with a draw and were playing a contained game.  Babel's goal put them in a bit of a bind given the new complexion it gave the group table and they had to push up a bit.  Even so, it's not like they flew forward with gay abandon the minute Torres came off.  They had Babel to contend with, who to be fair, was far more menacing than Torres was in his last 10 minutes on the pitch.  He'd just scored and his tail was up.  IMO, it is an overly simplistic argument to suggest that Torres had them pinned back and his substitution led them to pour forward.  It just didn't happen that way.

Agreed.
LFC2007

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:00 am

Scottbot wrote:
big al wrote:Im not patronising anyone. Im sad for you if you feel that way.  scottbott nice to hear your opinion mate as always.  I think that Lyon were frightened of Torres lets face the best central back partnership in the best league in the world sh*t a brick two weeks ago to a half fit Nando.  My point is not that the greek guy didnt F8CK up. he did.  My points is that Lyon had played 2 men against Torres for 86 Minutes, they got a chance to push one forward when Torres went off.  Rafa did'ny need to take him off in which case this would al be irrelevent.  However Rafa did take him off.  He took of the Best striker in the world.  As foe those who obviously don't know the clubs history.  Shankly said that the defense starts with the strikers they all have a defensive role.  Sorry I'm offending people with my analysis but thats how I see it

I still don't think it was a big issue mate. Torres really didn't cause them much bother tonight and you could see he was lacking the zip and touch that's so evident when he's fully fit and on top of his game. Some woeful defending at the end there and the game would have finished 1-1 whether Torres stayed on or not in my opinion.

Anyone else wonder how come there was just TWO minutes injury time to finish the game? They played two at the end of the first half.

A few on here getting white hot anger at the mention of this result being the manager's fault I see BUT just a quick question. Was anyone else tearing their own hair out and screaming at the TV for a sub as we hit 80 minutes with the likes of Ngog and Aquilani on the bench? I don't know about the rest of you but I was going bloody crazy and tbh, when Babel scored I thought he had got us (and the manager) well and truly out of jail because at that point we were going nowhere quickly.

Woeful defending. Woeful judgement of a player by Benitez, more like it. That bloke is pure and utter muck. An accident waiting to happen. Gifted Lisandro a chance from a :censored: backheader that should have been punished.
Benitez should take the blame full fair square on his shoulders for signing that phuckin' idiot and then playing him.
Go to Spain Benitez. You will not take this club forward. We are going backwards.
Aquilani still sat on the bench after 90 minuntes. If he wasn't fit to play, what the phuck was he doing on the bench in the first place ??
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Rush Job » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:06 am

s@int wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
s@int wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:come on, europa cup isnt that bad. it could bring along exciting matches such as the ones we've witnessed against alaves. and there's the fa cup too where we could win it and have thrillers such as the westham one. move on. we lost. no matter what we say it wont change the result so move on. anyway to all those in europe, go to bed. its past your bedtimes :D

We are not out of the CL yet mate. Out of the league as far as I am concerned but we still have a chance in the CL.

are you sure? cause we need to win our 2 games against Fiorentina and Debrecen. then we need Lyon to beat Fiorentina which is hard but not impossible. what if Lyon beat Fiore? would goal difference be an issue?

We should paste Debrecen .... everyone else has! If its a draw between Lyon and Fiorentina we have to beat them 3-0, if Lyon win ...... all we have to do is beat Fiorentina by any score.

Exactly s@int,its the media who have been saying we need lyon to beat fiorentina to go though and reporting right now as im typingon ssn news saying we are as good as out... not true.
Fioentina must have been a bit dodgy at the back to night, and by looking at some of the chances they could have let in more.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anne » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:07 am

Guy's

I'm brand new here, and sure enough, will make a few enemies with this but I cannot see the logic in blaming Rafa over the substitution:
According to some, after the substitution Lyon then went "Gung-Ho!!!"

Why on earth would they do that? Trailing 1-0 at home and if we were to get a second, they would have been the ones in dire straits in this group (away goal rules)!!! Seeing as we probably wouldn't have banged 3 past Fiorentina and they probably would have got beat in Italy, especially after that performance!!!

Put simply it was a terrible defensive mistake, Agger & Insua got caught ball watching, and as for "The Greek"...well, that's history now!!
anne

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:07 am

Lyon will not be ersed trying to win that game. They're through. What's the point ?
bunglemark2

Postby Rush Job » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:09 am

bunglemark2 wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
big al wrote:Im not patronising anyone. Im sad for you if you feel that way.  scottbott nice to hear your opinion mate as always.  I think that Lyon were frightened of Torres lets face the best central back partnership in the best league in the world sh*t a brick two weeks ago to a half fit Nando.  My point is not that the greek guy didnt F8CK up. he did.  My points is that Lyon had played 2 men against Torres for 86 Minutes, they got a chance to push one forward when Torres went off.  Rafa did'ny need to take him off in which case this would al be irrelevent.  However Rafa did take him off.  He took of the Best striker in the world.  As foe those who obviously don't know the clubs history.  Shankly said that the defense starts with the strikers they all have a defensive role.  Sorry I'm offending people with my analysis but thats how I see it

I still don't think it was a big issue mate. Torres really didn't cause them much bother tonight and you could see he was lacking the zip and touch that's so evident when he's fully fit and on top of his game. Some woeful defending at the end there and the game would have finished 1-1 whether Torres stayed on or not in my opinion.

Anyone else wonder how come there was just TWO minutes injury time to finish the game? They played two at the end of the first half.

A few on here getting white hot anger at the mention of this result being the manager's fault I see BUT just a quick question. Was anyone else tearing their own hair out and screaming at the TV for a sub as we hit 80 minutes with the likes of Ngog and Aquilani on the bench? I don't know about the rest of you but I was going bloody crazy and tbh, when Babel scored I thought he had got us (and the manager) well and truly out of jail because at that point we were going nowhere quickly.

Woeful defending. Woeful judgement of a player by Benitez, more like it. That bloke is pure and utter muck. An accident waiting to happen. Gifted Lisandro a chance from a :censored: backheader that should have been punished.
Benitez should take the blame full fair square on his shoulders for signing that phuckin' idiot and then playing him.
Go to Spain Benitez. You will not take this club forward. We are going backwards.
Aquilani still sat on the bench after 90 minuntes. If he wasn't fit to play, what the phuck was he doing on the bench in the first place ??

Who would you have signed for a mill to be forth choice CB, out of interest like?
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:12 am

s@int wrote:
bigmick wrote:I disagree with everyone just about. I thought the Torres substitution was irrelevent, they would have pushed on anyway, why wouldn't they?  That said, I don't think those who are saying it played a part are simply doing so in order to have a go at the manager. You know why I think they are saying taking Torres off had an impact? I think they're saying it because they believe it to be the case.

Not everyone has an agenda all the time, sometimes people just post up what they think.

Because if it had stayed at 1-0 Lyon were virtually assured of going through, if we had got a second there was a good chance they could go out, as we would have had the advantage in the head to heads, meaning they would have had to have got something out of the Fiorentina game.

Not necessarily. Lyon could have got away with a 1-0 defeat away to Fiorentina given that their goal difference is better (with a game against Debrecini to come).
LFC2007

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:12 am

anne wrote:Guy's

I'm brand new here, and sure enough, will make a few enemies with this but I cannot see the logic in blaming Rafa over the substitution:

Why on earth would they do that? Trailing 1-0 at home and if we were to get a second, they would have been the ones in dire straits in this group (away goal rules)!!! Seeing as we probably wouldn't have banged 3 past Fiorentina and they probably would have got beat in Italy, especially after that performance!!!

Put simply it was a terrible defensive mistake, Agger & Insua got caught ball watching, and as for "The Greek"...well, that's history now!!

Hi Anne, where you from?  :;):
maypaxvobiscum

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:13 am

Maybe if I chose not to spend £7M on a waste of space like Dossena, I could put THAT 7M together with the 2.5M we spent on Zorba, and maybe, just maybe, I'd have picked up a half-decent defender instead, huh ? ???
bunglemark2

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:15 am

Battered them from start to finish and some questionable defending from Agger let them in at the end.

But for that, he was faultless all night.

No doubt some silly sods are blaming Kyrgiakos for the goal, but he did what he could after Agger let the ball go over his head.

That said, his attempted header back to Pepe was shocking...

Nothing wrong with the selections (Skrtyl has been worse than Kyrgiakos recently), substitutions, tactics or motivation. Once again we were undone by an individual mistake.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:16 am

bunglemark2 wrote:Maybe if I chose not to spend £7M on a waste of space like Dossena, I could put THAT 7M together with the 2.5M we spent on Zorba, and maybe, just maybe, I'd have picked up a half-decent defender instead, huh ? ???

You mean the Dossena who is still playing for Italy?

Come on lad - he's a good player but he can't get used to the league - and £7m is f*cking peanuts nowadays anyway. :no

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:17 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:

Mate its not that kind of site.
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:18 am

bunglemark2 wrote:Maybe if I chose not to spend £7M on a waste of space like Dossena, I could put THAT 7M together with the 2.5M we spent on Zorba, and maybe, just maybe, I'd have picked up a half-decent defender instead, huh ? ???

Or if we go back far enough in history we could just get Hansen back, nice swerve.
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:19 am

Rush Job wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:

Mate its not that kind of site.

:laugh:
account deleted by request

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:20 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:

You mean the Dossena who is still playing for Italy?

Come on lad - he's a good player but he can't get used to the league - and £7m is f*cking peanuts nowadays anyway. :no

Would that be the Italy who were completely muck down in South Africa recently ?
Or the Italy that somehow contrived to win their World Cup group this year, purely on the basis of the fact that the rest of the teams were even worse that they were (my own bleedin' country included !) ?
Dossena is awful, but that's not what this post or thread is about. It's about wasting money and being left with knee-jerk signings like Zorba who ONCE, almost gifted a goal, and TWICE fell like a sack o' spuds with two players clear in on goal....
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games