LYON VS LIVERPOOL - Wednesday 4th november

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:37 pm

come on, europa cup isnt that bad. it could bring along exciting matches such as the ones we've witnessed against alaves. and there's the fa cup too where we could win it and have thrillers such as the westham one. move on. we lost. no matter what we say it wont change the result so move on. anyway to all those in europe, go to bed. its past your bedtimes :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby TheLad » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:40 pm

Now, we must win the European Cup, the FA cup, and qualify for the CL next season. That still could be a successfull season, a year with some trophies.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:40 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:come on, europa cup isnt that bad. it could bring along exciting matches such as the ones we've witnessed against alaves. and there's the fa cup too where we could win it and have thrillers such as the westham one. move on. we lost. no matter what we say it wont change the result so move on. anyway to all those in europe, go to bed. its past your bedtimes :D

We are not out of the CL yet mate. Out of the league as far as I am concerned but we still have a chance in the CL.
account deleted by request

Postby Dundalk » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:42 pm

s@int wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:come on, europa cup isnt that bad. it could bring along exciting matches such as the ones we've witnessed against alaves. and there's the fa cup too where we could win it and have thrillers such as the westham one. move on. we lost. no matter what we say it wont change the result so move on. anyway to all those in europe, go to bed. its past your bedtimes :D

We are not out of the CL yet mate. Out of the league as far as I am concerned but we still have a chance in the CL.

Saint IMO we are out of the CL
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:42 pm

I really hope all this despair is gonna pay off come May...
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Madmax » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:43 pm

big al wrote:madmax I agree about Vorronin.  Rafa is an intelligent man it has put faith in this guy who has let him down.  His fancy back flicks cost us dearly at Anfield.  The miss tonight aside he was falling over himself, being far too negative for a forward and not even making an effort to track back.  personally I would rather see a younster like Pacheco given a chance in that role.

Couldn't have agreed more. There was absoultely nothing positive i could take from voronins performance. He was like a waste of player in the field. I don't know what rafa sees in him. I would have preffered benny behind torres and babel on the left.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:45 pm

Dundalk wrote:
s@int wrote:

Its not beyond the bounds of possibilities that Lyon will win in Florence mate. They are not a bad side and even a draw could see us through ..... although we would have to win 3-0 against Fiorentina.

Postby Scottbot » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:46 pm

Bad Bob wrote:On the bright side, hell of a strike from Babel tonight. :)

Amen to that, what a strike, an absolute rocket. I'm gutred for the the lad that it isn't the winner because he needs something like that to get him up and running.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:46 pm

s@int wrote:

are you sure? cause we need to win our 2 games against Fiorentina and Debrecen. then we need Lyon to beat Fiorentina which is hard but not impossible. what if Lyon beat Fiore? would goal difference be an issue?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Dundalk » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:48 pm

s@int wrote:
Dundalk wrote:
s@int wrote:

Its not beyond the bounds of possibilities that Lyon will win in Florence mate. They are not a bad side and even a draw could see us through ..... although we would have to win 3-0 against Fiorentina.

I know but the fact that Lyon have already qualified and the Italians will need to win spells nothing but failure for us I think.

Technically we are not out bit in reality we are

TBH I would prefer to lose our next 2 games and go out of Europe all together rather then go into the Uefa cup or whatever its called
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:49 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
s@int wrote:

are you sure? cause we need to win our 2 games against Fiorentina and Debrecen. then we need Lyon to beat Fiorentina which is hard but not impossible. what if Lyon beat Fiore? would goal difference be an issue?

We should paste Debrecen .... everyone else has! If its a draw between Lyon and Fiorentina we have to beat them 3-0, if Lyon win ...... all we have to do is beat Fiorentina by any score.

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:50 pm

Greavesie wrote:I really hope all this despair is gonna pay off come May...

Expect it to get worse.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:53 pm

big al wrote:Im not patronising anyone. Im sad for you if you feel that way.  scottbott nice to hear your opinion mate as always.  I think that Lyon were frightened of Torres lets face the best central back partnership in the best league in the world sh*t a brick two weeks ago to a half fit Nando.  My point is not that the greek guy didnt F8CK up. he did.  My points is that Lyon had played 2 men against Torres for 86 Minutes, they got a chance to push one forward when Torres went off.  Rafa did'ny need to take him off in which case this would al be irrelevent.  However Rafa did take him off.  He took of the Best striker in the world.  As foe those who obviously don't know the clubs history.  Shankly said that the defense starts with the strikers they all have a defensive role.  Sorry I'm offending people with my analysis but thats how I see it

I still don't think it was a big issue mate. Torres really didn't cause them much bother tonight and you could see he was lacking the zip and touch that's so evident when he's fully fit and on top of his game. Some woeful defending at the end there and the game would have finished 1-1 whether Torres stayed on or not in my opinion.

Anyone else wonder how come there was just TWO minutes injury time to finish the game? They played two at the end of the first half.

A few on here getting white hot anger at the mention of this result being the manager's fault I see BUT just a quick question. Was anyone else tearing their own hair out and screaming at the TV for a sub as we hit 80 minutes with the likes of Ngog and Aquilani on the bench? I don't know about the rest of you but I was going bloody crazy and tbh, when Babel scored I thought he had got us (and the manager) well and truly out of jail because at that point we were going nowhere quickly.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:56 pm

s@int wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
s@int wrote:

We should paste Debrecen .... everyone else has! If its a draw between Lyon and Fiorentina we have to beat them 3-0, if Lyon win ...... all we have to do is beat Fiorentina by any score.

you make it sound so easy.  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:58 pm

Scottbot wrote:A few on here getting white hot anger at the mention of this result being the manager's fault I see BUT just a quick question. Was anyone else tearing their own hair out and screaming at the TV for a sub as we hit 80 minutes with the likes of Ngog and Aquilani on the bench? I don't know about the rest of you but I was going bloody crazy and tbh, when Babel scored I thought he had got us (and the manager) well and truly out of jail because at that point we were going nowhere quickly.

Agreed, Scott, I was looking for subs at lot earlier because we were well and truly out of ideas by the hour mark and the game was passing us by.  Didn't like the move for Babel--was hoping for Aquilani--but fair dos, he took his chance very well indeed.  If some of his fellow underperformers had done the same, we would have won.  :glare:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games