LIVERPOOL VS SWANSEA CITY - Sat 5th nov - 3pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:13 pm

tubby wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
Thinkpad wrote:There should be two things on Henry's mind:
1) Is Kenny the right manager?
2) Can I trust him to spend anymore money?

I guess the answer will be difficult to accept. If I were him, I pull Kenny to the side and tell him he has no more money to spend.
But he can sell players to buy new ones. I think this is fair. Unhindered/unlimited splurging will bring the club to it's knees and ruin.
Especially since Kenny has not display much astuteness in the market.

There is some :censored: being spouted on here

Thank god our owner realises that it is going to take more than 11 games FFS and he isnt going to overreact and is going to give the players and manager a lot more time than some "fans" seem to be doing .

Your assuming he will react that way, but we don't know for sure.

At the moment I think he will, but mostly because he probably pi.ss off the fans if he made any knee jerk reactions sacking Kenny.

Although as far as signings goes I think he may feel he has to exercise some control. Either way we need to buy in Jan, unless we want to wait till the summer.

You dont have a clue if you believe any of that :censored: you have spouted .

Suggest you go watch a few of his interviews and read his words - both the owner and manager - knee jerking after a draw FFS - Our supposed "fans" (namely the forum ones ) get more and more pathetic and clueless as the days go by .

He wont "not sack Kenny in fear of :censored: fans off" - he will not sack Kenny because we have played 11 games ffs and we are still up there looking at a CL place
Benny The Noon

Postby only me » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:16 pm

Thinkpad wrote:One thing I forgot to highlight, in many of our games when attacking our midfield are not supporting.
There is a big vacuum in that area. So if the ball bounced back to the area just outside the penalty boxes, it is almost going to the opponents.
We should station someone there.

Also Liverpool no longer counter attack. It seems we find it hard to do this kind of attack anymore.
Most of the time, all the element of advantage disappear because the players for no reason pass back to midfield who is at our own half.
And in turn our midfield pass back to goalie. Frustrating to see our approach to the game.

Spot on mate.
The midfield is not joining the forwards.The team isn't moving as one unit so large holes are being created in the middle . Making  those long balls to Carrol even a more useless tactics cause even if he heads a ball no one is their to collect it. Again lack of movement as i mentioned before.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Thinkpad » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:19 pm

roberto green wrote:
Thinkpad wrote:Five more years anyone?.. Right
Give Benitez five more years..
Give Houllier five more years...
Liverpool fans like to hang on to tradition and history because that is the only thing that we have going... nothing for the future.
If someone else in another team can do better with more change and no money, I can't understand why it is okay to perform worst.

Forgot to add, I give him 1 more year. He would have 2 and half. Not to win the prem but to improve the team and be top four again. If he can't even do that why persist with him? Don't let emotion get in the way of logical thinking.

Defo a WUM you, A bitter or a Manc.

No, I am a real fan.. who doesn't like to see the position of Liverpool is in now. Why do some "fans" like to labels their own simply because they don't agreed with them. Guess when you have no answers to the reality you then to hide and maquerade it or by changing the subjects.
Thinkpad

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:20 pm

Thinkpad wrote:
roberto green wrote:
Liverpool fans like to hang on to tradition and history because that is the only thing that we have going... nothing for the future.
If someone else in another team can do better with more change and no money, I can't understand why it is okay to perform worst.

Forgot to add, I give him 1 more year. He would have 2 and half. Not to win the prem but to improve the team and be top four again. If he can't even do that why persist with him? Don't let emotion get in the way of logical thinking.

No, I am a real fan.. who doesn't like to see the position of Liverpool is in now. Why do some "fans" like to labels their own simply because they don't agreed with them. Guess when you have no answers to the reality you then to hide and maquerade it or by changing the subjects.

You need too use the log out facility .
Benny The Noon

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:26 pm

Comon lads, still too early to judge, as John Craig said Kenny WILL get it right
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thinkpad » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:26 pm

only me wrote:
Thinkpad wrote:One thing I forgot to highlight, in many of our games when attacking our midfield are not supporting.
There is a big vacuum in that area. So if the ball bounced back to the area just outside the penalty boxes, it is almost going to the opponents.
We should station someone there.

Also Liverpool no longer counter attack. It seems we find it hard to do this kind of attack anymore.
Most of the time, all the element of advantage disappear because the players for no reason pass back to midfield who is at our own half.
And in turn our midfield pass back to goalie. Frustrating to see our approach to the game.

Spot on mate.
The midfield is not joining the forwards.The team isn't moving as one unit so large holes are being created in the middle . Making  those long balls to Carrol even a more useless tactics cause even if he heads a ball no one is their to collect it. Again lack of movement as i mentioned before.

Absolutely. Not sure why even when we are passing and attacking, the players are very far apart. Why can't they stay closer. Not in your face kind of closer but nearby.

Also why do we do square pass so much? How can we penetrate without passing forward? The whole match against Swansea I think there was less than 3 occasions the ball was passed to an open area instead to the feet of players. We seriously need to pass more to open areas and make intelligent run.

The flank also need to deliver the crosses with some side spin to it. Instead of the usual back-spinning high floating ball. Floating ball are eaasy to read and they stay up too ong, thus easy to catch. Fast, curving and dipping crosses are hard and confusing to defend against. Why not do those?
Thinkpad

Postby Thinkpad » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:31 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Thinkpad wrote:
roberto green wrote:

You go ahead and log out if you have nothing to add..
Not everyone think today is a great result and everything is going as planned. I have my opinion and you have yours. Thanks.
Thinkpad

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:32 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
tubby wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

I guess the answer will be difficult to accept. If I were him, I pull Kenny to the side and tell him he has no more money to spend.
But he can sell players to buy new ones. I think this is fair. Unhindered/unlimited splurging will bring the club to it's knees and ruin.

Thank god our owner realises that it is going to take more than 11 games FFS and he isnt going to overreact and is going to give the players and manager a lot more time than some "fans" seem to be doing .

At the moment I think he will, but mostly because he probably pi.ss off the fans if he made any knee jerk reactions sacking Kenny.

Although as far as signings goes I think he may feel he has to exercise some control. Either way we need to buy in Jan, unless we want to wait till the summer.

Suggest you go watch a few of his interviews and read his words - both the owner and manager - knee jerking after a draw FFS - Our supposed "fans" (namely the forum ones ) get more and more pathetic and clueless as the days go by .

He wont "not sack Kenny in fear of :censored: fans off" - he will not sack Kenny because we have played 11 games ffs and we are still up there looking at a CL place

Relax yourself Benny, I know he will but I was simple putting that out there for anyone who was thinking Henry may be questioning that. Yes it's only been 11 games into the season but so what? Are we not allowed to ask quesitons until some magic number of games into the season, what's that number?

All im saying is our home form has been shabbite this season. Not sure what to put it down to but something needs to change soon.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thinkpad » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:38 pm

tubby wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
tubby wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

Relax yourself Benny, I know he will but I was simple putting that out there for anyone who was thinking Henry may be questioning that. Yes it's only been 11 games into the season but so what? Are we not allowed to ask quesitons until some magic number of games into the season, what's that number?

All im saying is our home form has been shabbite this season. Not sure what to put it down to but something needs to change soon.

Yeah, I guess Henry will be in a dilemma. So he need to know fans don't just support blindly. Simply because he is Kenny doen't mean he does no wrong or cannot be sacked. I think it is early too, but questions will be asked I am sure. I mean we spent 100million pound for crying out loud. Internally, he will be asked some tough questions. Kenny need to make some changes quick..
Thinkpad

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:42 pm

Thinkpad wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
Thinkpad wrote:
roberto green wrote:

You go ahead and log out if you have nothing to add..
Not everyone think today is a great result and everything is going as planned. I have my opinion and you have yours. Thanks.

I could have a wet fart on here and it would be a more meaningful contribution than anything you have posted

No one has said its a great result - but your the one overreacting and talking about 5 year plans and giving kenny a year and sacking and we are 11 games into a season where we currently lie 6th with CL spots well within our sights
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:44 pm

tubby wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
tubby wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

How about we wait at least a full season - think the manager deserves that at least - dont you .
Benny The Noon

Postby Johnny Boy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:04 pm

Just got back from the game.

I still don't think Lucas and Adam will ever work as a central partnership, we lack pace there badly. Henderson is never a right sided player and never will be, I get the feeling now Kenny is trying to justify the fee.
If he has to play it must be in the centre.

We are crying out for a Mata, Silva or Modric type of player.

Bellamy again brought on too late.

Downing is losing more confidence as each game goes by.
Enrique MOTM but there wasn't a lot of competition.

Give Swansea credit their midfield energy, passing and pace at times put ours to shame.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:05 pm

When people let you down, you've still got your football club.  When your football club let's you down...

It's a sad day :(
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby roberto green » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:09 pm

ethanr wrote:When people let you down, you've still got your football club.  When your football club let's you down...

Love it!!!
roberto green

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:16 pm

ethanr wrote:When people let you down, you've still got your football club.  When your football club let's you down...

Stick to MLS .
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games