SWANSEA CITY VS LIVERPOOL: Monday 16th Sep SS1 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:34 pm

Kash_Mountain » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:56 pm wrote:What has happened to the crisp pass and move we saw in pre-season? I know first half performances have been quite good, however, I feel that the passing hasn't been crisp enough 2nd half. Second half performance, well, I know we have adopted a defend at all cost approach rather then actually play good football, but i've got to say, LFC seem to run out of energy, ideas etc as the passing and player movement has been awful  As a previous poster mentioned, it could be deliberate I suppose......

During pre season the players had so much time and space they were able to pick their pass with minimal pressure

Until the Celtic game - they gave the team no time or space and the passes were all over the place. Teams will struggle to pass it perfectly with limited space and time unless you are Barcelona
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Not sure what to think of the game last night.

Dominated the first half and probably should have got a couple more however was over run in the second.

When coutinho went off we seemed to struggle to create and Aspas was about as useful as I was sitting at home watching it.

A point isnt too bad and considering we have Suarez coming back I dont think we can be too down

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:29 pm

We don't have to play that well to pick up points now which is a strength not a weakness.

Not sure why we are dropping deep second half and need to knock that off really and just continue to try
and play football because we are dangerous going forward.

Swansea ran all over us most of second half and especially the last 20 mins when our midfield couldnt get near
them, but we managed to dig out a point which overall was a decent return.

Still room for improvement but few new players joining in and that so not much room for complaint at this
point and long may that continue.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:53 pm

StuYesThatStu » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:26 pm wrote:
Aspas - 4 - Awful touches, no influence.

Are we talking about the true Stu the Red? The abroad known Stu?

I don't know, this assessment seems to be too happy clappy. Not even a "He's not good enough. He'll never be".

:buttrock
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:55 pm

I'm glad you are back for a bit Sabre :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:12 pm

Sabre » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:53 pm wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:26 pm wrote:
Aspas - 4 - Awful touches, no influence.

Are we talking about the true Stu the Red? The abroad known Stu?

I don't know, this assessment seems to be too happy clappy. Not even a "He's not good enough. He'll never be".

:buttrock

Ello mate :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:31 pm

Our second half showings are becoming consistently alarming of late ,We looked OK in the first half  with Moses full of running and Henderson
positively buzzing with energy. ...We passed it well and we looked full of invention ,and albeit for Sakho doing a damn good interpretation of
'Our life with Traore' there was little if not any room for consternation.

Second half came about and we were completely abysmal ,it was almost as if the team had undergone a blood transfusion on mass ,whatever
form of cajoling that Rodgers bestows in that dressing room simply cant be conducive with what's needed for the soulless collative that take
to the pitch.

Absolutely excruciating to watch ,and I'm not talking solely about defence with the hapless Wisdom ,everywhere on the pitch we were outfought
out thought and out paced. The less said about Gerrard in the last 10 minutes the better,I think posters not necessarily fans ,need to look closely
at how hard Lucas is forced to work in the second halves of games due to Gerrard dropping deeper than Nietzsche.

4 games in and still top of the league ,I definitely wouldn't have envisaged that scenario unfolding ......Unless that is, I was an eternal optimist  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games