LIVERPOOL VS SWANSEA CITY - Sat 5th nov - 3pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:28 pm

maguskwt wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Christ - People are now even trying to change reality to ensure their point is valid .

Chelsea are currently 4th on 22 points we are on 19 points so we are 3 points behind a CL .

That is a fact that you can check yourself by looking at the table on any website .

Last I knew games in hand don't mean automatic points .

I'm not changing reality... I'm giving you a more accurate picture of how things stand... next thing you know Spurs would have played their games in hand and with their current form they will probably get max points. And we will be scratching our heads and thinking "geez... how did we fall behind so far when only a few weeks ago we were only 3 points behind Chelsea". If we continue to perform like we performed we will no doubt fall behind. And we only have players like Adam, Carroll, Lucas, Downing and Henderson to depend on. And we are not going anywhere with that group anytime soon. If we want to play CL football we need to invest in the January window. Some of us are calling a spade a spade where as you on the other hand are being overly defensive and accusing people of being internat fans.

The FACT is that we are not looking good for that last CL spot as of THIS MOMENT, NOW. We're currently slipping down the table not climbing up. Arsenal who had the worst start in their history in decades, who we had been saying they may get relegated are now LEVEL on points as us. THEY are climbing the table. Not us.

And just for the record being critical DOES NOT equate to not supporting the club. And nobody on here except for a few WUMS are being overly critical on Kenny. So give it a break will ya?

Kenny said that our performance was "UNACCEPTABLE"... according to you, Kenny must be knee-jerking eh?

Agger said that they were like "headless chicken"... so according to you, he is also knee-jerking...
:laugh:

I can't believe you are slating Lucas and downing. The pair of them have been great this year. We are too negative here, granted we drew with Swansea and created very little but don't forget this is a new group of players without a captain to glue them together if we get 3 points from Chelsea on the 20th we will be level on points with them.

I do think Bellamy needs to be given a chance at the expense of carrol.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:54 am

Benny The Noon wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Please remind me exactly where Hodgson took us .

I do believe we are 9 points better off and 8 places in the league  better off than this time last year .

That wasn't my point. You are whinging at the lack of patience shown towards Kenny and the players signed, and yet you showed exactly the same lack of patience last season and yet here you are criticizing others.

Please do remind us all how the Hodgson era went - please do remind us of the players Hodgson purchased .

If you want to hark back to the days where we were getting beat on a regular basis and were tumbling down the table to 4th from bottom then thats your problem to deal with .

Hodgson was rightly critisized - for his tactics , his results m his transfers , his words to the media , his slating of the fans and the club in the press .

The Hodgson era goes down as the worst in modern football - if fans showed paitence with him we would of seriously been playing championship football ( Hodgson track record proved that ).

If the fans show paitence with Kenny we will be back in the CL and challenging for trophies ( his track record proves that )

Ive just noticed this.

Again you are missing my point to make your point more valid.

Its not a comparison between managers, or players, my point is attitudes.

How can I put it? ok, read and learn.

When Roy took over, he made the massive mistake of replacing Rafa. Look at the responses on this forum, and yes you bet your backside I am including you in the responses. Their was no fairness, there was no "give the guy or his signings a chance" kind of response, it was an all out I give up on Liverpool, as long as this guy "I" (note the quote marks)  don't like him being here. THIS WAS YOURS AND MANY OTHERS response to Roy being appointed.

I on the other hand, regardless of whether or not I agreed with him being appointed, continued to support the club. I supported the manager, I supported the players, simply because the long and short of it is, they are Liverpool. Personal feelings stopped short, you on the other hand, decided your feelings were bigger than the club.

Or maybe you really do have it in your head you are the greatest supporter this clubs ever had. God help us all if THAT were true.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:04 am

Excellent post Kharhaz.People have very short memories about their own behaviour.Some of Ciggy's posts made me feel ashamed to think we supported the same team.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:01 am

algymoon wrote:
devaney wrote:
stmichael wrote:the reason hodgson didn't get support was due to the most dire football i've seen in twenty years supporting liverpool and the fact that his conduct and handling of the players and media was not what i expect of a liverpool manager.

currently we're creating loads of chances but failing to take them. under hodgson i saw games when we couldn't even muster a shot on goal.

The ugly and distasteful criticism of Roy Hodgson was started by several members on here before he had even managed his first game for Liverpool. It was spoilt brat syndrome. It certainly wasn't the Liverpool way. The same people are the ones who will show their dissatisfaction by boo-ing and verbally abusing players when things are not going the way they want. Perhaps if they got behind the team and made the right noise Anfield would be a better place. It used to be a fortress now it's a mausoleum with far too many whinging, moaning foul mouthed critics who claim to be the real supporters!

LFC must support Kenny and the players despite of few below bar performances, and we are aware we do not possess too top class players due to bad a foolish wholesale buys by previous managers and ownership. Kenny is doing a good job, and it will take time, there is no quick fix, unless you have unlimited credit line as it is in a case of M. City and Chelsea.
Good faithful supporters must full support to the manager and players.

Thank you

People are supporting Kenny, but they're saying he has to change his gameplan as its not bringing results.

People are complaining about the results, not the manager.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:00 pm

Reg wrote:
algymoon wrote:
devaney wrote:
stmichael wrote:the reason hodgson didn't get support was due to the most dire football i've seen in twenty years supporting liverpool and the fact that his conduct and handling of the players and media was not what i expect of a liverpool manager.

currently we're creating loads of chances but failing to take them. under hodgson i saw games when we couldn't even muster a shot on goal.

The ugly and distasteful criticism of Roy Hodgson was started by several members on here before he had even managed his first game for Liverpool. It was spoilt brat syndrome. It certainly wasn't the Liverpool way. The same people are the ones who will show their dissatisfaction by boo-ing and verbally abusing players when things are not going the way they want. Perhaps if they got behind the team and made the right noise Anfield would be a better place. It used to be a fortress now it's a mausoleum with far too many whinging, moaning foul mouthed critics who claim to be the real supporters!

LFC must support Kenny and the players despite of few below bar performances, and we are aware we do not possess too top class players due to bad a foolish wholesale buys by previous managers and ownership. Kenny is doing a good job, and it will take time, there is no quick fix, unless you have unlimited credit line as it is in a case of M. City and Chelsea.

Thank you

People are supporting Kenny, but they're saying he has to change his gameplan as its not bringing results.

precisely mate...

but I don't know how much Kenny can change his gameplan with the current crop of players. It would make things much easier for Kenny if he were given more money to invest in January. But having spent quite a substantial amount on british talent like Carroll, Henderson, Adam and Downing, it will be difficulty for Kenny to justify more transfer money...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:04 pm

RichardLFC1 wrote:I can't believe you are slating Lucas and downing. The pair of them have been great this year. We are too negative here, granted we drew with Swansea and created very little but don't forget this is a new group of players without a captain to glue them together if we get 3 points from Chelsea on the 20th we will be level on points with them.

I do think Bellamy needs to be given a chance at the expense of carrol.

Downing has been great in his first 3-4 games... now he disappears more than he makes an impact on the game...

Lucas? let's just put it this way... if Lionel Messi's talent is 100, then Suarez' talent is around 90... and Lucas' talent is around 60. On a good day, he can play at around 70. But he will never be able to consistently play at 80. If you know what I mean...  :)
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:10 pm

maguskwt wrote:
Reg wrote:
algymoon wrote:
devaney wrote:

Thank you

precisely mate...

but I don't know how much Kenny can change his gameplan with the current crop of players. It would make things much easier for Kenny if he were given more money to invest in January. But having spent quite a substantial amount on british talent like Carroll, Henderson, Adam and Downing, it will be difficulty for Kenny to justify more transfer money...

9m for Adam 18m for downing that equals to 27m. 27m pound of players in which I think has improved the team

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:51 pm

RichardLFC1 wrote:9m for Adam 18m for downing that equals to 27m. 27m pound of players in which I think has improved the team

you're delusional mate... Adam improved the team??? He is no where near Meireles or even Aquilani's standard... and I haven't seen from Downing which indicates that he's better than Riera...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:14 pm

maguskwt wrote:
RichardLFC1 wrote:9m for Adam 18m for downing that equals to 27m. 27m pound of players in which I think has improved the team

you're delusional mate... Adam improved the team??? He is no where near Meireles or even Aquilani's standard... and I haven't seen from Downing which indicates that he's better than Riera...

The passing of Adam is twice as good as meireles and aqualani. And riera was :censored: and went two years ago do downing has improve us

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:28 am

RichardLFC1 wrote:The passing of Adam is twice as good as meireles and aqualani.

:sniffle
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:09 am

maguskwt wrote:

It is true Adam has yet to show his potential in Liverpool but your perception of Meireles and Aquiliany is just as delusional. Aqua man couldn't handle English football and temp and that is why he is back at Italy ,so i'm not sure which standard is that. Meireles captured the minds of the fans by doing things he never did and will never do in his career which is scoring goals ,he scored some cracking goals but i rememeber he had so many other games which he was no where to be seen not to say he didn't leave an impression and a supreb passer ,he also was weak and fragile. I wouldn't rate those 2 as having very high standards....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:25 pm

only me wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

It is true Adam has yet to show his potential in Liverpool but your perception of Meireles and Aquiliany is just as delusional. Aqua man couldn't handle English football and temp and that is why he is back at Italy ,so i'm not sure which standard is that. Meireles captured the minds of the fans by doing things he never did and will never do in his career which is scoring goals ,he scored some cracking goals but i rememeber he had so many other games which he was no where to be seen not to say he didn't leave an impression and a supreb passer ,he also was weak and fragile. I wouldn't rate those 2 as having very high standards....

You maybe right even considering Meireles was often played out of position like Henderson now... But that just speaks worse for Adam. If the two I mentioned are as bad as you say they are, then Adam is even worse...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:12 pm

maguskwt wrote:
only me wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

You maybe right even considering Meireles was often played out of position like Henderson now... But that just speaks worse for Adam. If the two I mentioned are as bad as you say they are, then Adam is even worse...

Frankly speaking, I'd rather have Meireles in The middle than Adam. Good with passes? er yeah but not that helpful. Adam's got no pace, losing possession easily especially against agile,pacey opposition midfielders. We can play Adam in the centre but not with Lucas , only Lucas. 2 centre midfielders of Adam and Lucas won't work. Maybe a change of formations would be good.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:22 pm

Adam gets criticism for his defending, but according to stats he's been our best tackler this season.  Obviously he gets too many yellows like Lucas, but when you go in for that many tackles all the time it's going to happen.  Meireles went into less tackles then anybody on the team last year, and he still can't play past 60 minutes for chelsea before he goes dead.  Adam tries to do too much with the ball, which in my opinion is why he's struggling.  If he'd just relax and try to keep the ball flowing with an occasional ridiculously good thru ball like Meirles, he'd be a real addition.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games