LIVERPOOL VS SWANSEA CITY - Sat 5th nov - 3pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red_guy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:38 pm

tubby wrote:
mistyred wrote:ugh, if you are John w Henry what would be going through your mind at this moment in time?

All my money wasted on these below par players?

Did i choose the wrong manager?

It's a good thing january is around the corner?

I don't know what he must be thinking to tell you the truth but whatever it is i bet it's not the kind with fluffy bunnies in it.

All good questions mate. But I still think Kenny is the right man for the job. But some of the signings have to be questioned. The squad is lacking balance. If we don't strengthen in Jan I fear this season could be a write off. If that happens then I think Kenny may get the chop come the summer.

yup, definitely.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:39 pm

john craig wrote:My take on it is that the football we play under Dalglish is more expansive than under previous managers.  We create more chances but we concede more chances too.

Our problem this season is two-fold.  Our centre of defence isn't strong enough and we squander too many chances.

One quality centre back and a goalscorer and I believe we'd be challenging the top teams.  We can't write the new signings off 11 league games into the season.  Dalglish still hasn't found our best starting 11 yet, but he will.

We looked pretty solid at the back with skrtel and Agger. I'm more concerned with our midfield and tactics.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Thinkpad » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:39 pm

There should be two things on Henry's mind:
1) Is Kenny the right manager?
2) Can I trust him to spend anymore money?

I guess the answer will be difficult to accept. If I were him, I pull Kenny to the side and tell him he has no more money to spend.
But he can sell players to buy new ones. I think this is fair. Unhindered/unlimited splurging will bring the club to it's knees and ruin.
Especially since Kenny has not display much astuteness in the market.
Thinkpad

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:42 pm

Thinkpad wrote:There should be two things on Henry's mind:

I guess the answer will be difficult to accept. If I were him, I pull Kenny to the side and tell him he has no more money to spend.
But he can sell players to buy new ones. I think this is fair. Unhindered/unlimited splurging will bring the club to it's knees and ruin.

There is some :censored: being spouted on here

Thank god our owner realises that it is going to take more than 11 games FFS and he isnt going to overreact and is going to give the players and manager a lot more time than some "fans" seem to be doing .
Benny The Noon

Postby The_Rock » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:45 pm

Actually...there is a simple solution to our problem (teams dominating, running rings around, running at our midfield).

a)JUST F**KING DROP CHARLIE ADAM. If adam has to play, then do it in a 3 man midfield....if not JUST DROP HIM.

b)Don't play DOWNING, HENDERSON and ADAM in the same team. These players have a knack of not performing at the same time.......

There is nothing wrong with our defence. Its just that teams can bypass our midfield so easily. I can't believe KK can't see this weakness with our team. Its so freckin obvious.
Last edited by The_Rock on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:47 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:

Thank god our owner realises that it is going to take more than 11 games FFS and he isnt going to overreact and is going to give the players and manager a lot more time than some "fans" seem to be doing .

exactly mate, lets not overreact it will take time it always will.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:47 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:

What Benny said
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:54 pm

Whatever happens, Kenny for me is still the best manager for Liverpool. Hope for the best.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thinkpad » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:58 pm

Five more years anyone?.. Right
Give Benitez five more years..
Give Houllier five more years...
Liverpool fans like to hang on to tradition and history because that is the only thing that we have going... nothing for the future.
If someone else in another team can do better with more change and no money, I can't understand why it is okay to perform worst.

Forgot to add, I give him 1 more year. He would have 2 and half. Not to win the prem but to improve the team and be top four again. If he can't even do that why persist with him? Don't let emotion get in the way of logical thinking.
Thinkpad

Postby only me » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:58 pm

This group of players need to get one thing through their heads ,without giving 100% effort every game they will not reach any of our goals.

Today i was missing movement by the players ,missed pressure ,missed intensity ,missed the basic compenant of a PL player. They were all passangers.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:02 pm

This is starting to remind me of a Rafa season, where we drop the points against lower teams and then produce the goods against the bigger teams.

Frustrating but at least we will win the european cup............

oh yeah we're not in the champions league. :(

The worthington cup it is then :D ......

Oh wait we have Chelsea away

:(

:D
roberto green

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:04 pm

Thinkpad wrote:Five more years anyone?.. Right
Liverpool fans like to hang on to tradition and history because that is the only thing that we have going... nothing for the future.
If someone else in another team can do better with more change and no money, I can't understand why it is okay to perform worst.

Forgot to add, I give him 1 more year. He would have 2 and half. Not to win the prem but to improve the team and be top four again. If he can't even do that why persist with him? Don't let emotion get in the way of logical thinking.

We have had 11 games you plankton FFS
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:09 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:

Your assuming he will react that way, but we don't know for sure.

At the moment I think he will, but mostly because he probably pi.ss off the fans if he made any knee jerk reactions sacking Kenny.

Although as far as signings goes I think he may feel he has to exercise some control. Either way we need to buy in Jan, unless we want to wait till the summer.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:10 pm

Thinkpad wrote:Five more years anyone?.. Right

Defo a WUM you, A bitter or a Manc.
roberto green

Postby Thinkpad » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:11 pm

One thing I forgot to highlight, in many of our games when attacking our midfield are not supporting.
There is a big vacuum in that area. So if the ball bounced back to the area just outside the penalty boxes, it is almost going to the opponents.
We should station someone there.

Also Liverpool no longer counter attack. It seems we find it hard to do this kind of attack anymore.
Most of the time, all the element of advantage disappear because the players for no reason pass back to midfield who is at our own half.
And in turn our midfield pass back to goalie. Frustrating to see our approach to the game.
Thinkpad

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games