LIVERPOOL VS SWANSEA CITY - Sat 5th nov - 3pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:18 pm

Image  VS Image

Liverpool vs Swansea City

I'm betting we're all glad this one is at Anfield as Swansea is a sh!thole of a place to get to by car. So for the poor Swansea fans it'll be a 240 mile, 4 and a half hour drive to watch their beloved football club chase shadows for 90 minutes and concede 6 goals...      tuff sh!t I say.

It is the home of the DVLA - another reason we need to beat these eejits.

Here's a little snipet from the Swansea tourist board's website...
"Has anyone ever been to a small ‘seaside’ town of Swansea?? Well trust me, if you have, you wouldn't remember it because the experience would have traumatised you for life, and it would now permanently be blocked from your memory! I’m not talking bout anything life-threatening (although don’t be surprised if it was)….just the fact that theres nothing worse than living in/visiting a town full of the scum of the earth..chavs!!! Where fake Burberry caps and Reebok classics are the trend for the chavs and Burberry handbags with hooped gold earrings with a sprog is a must for the chavettes".

Anyone famous from Swansea?
John Charles

Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Fact and figures...
Swansea are currently 10th in the league with W3  D3  L4
They haven't won away all season so lets not make this their first. we need to put a bag full past them. Teams like this need brushing aside if we are serious top 4 quality.

my prediction...      LFC 6 - 0 SCFC  (carroll 2, Suarez 3, Gerrard)
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:22 pm

I'll stick to the same team as the one we played against WBA

3-0 (Carroll, Suarez (2) )
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:35 pm

Love the optimism  RRH.

I'm going for a 4-0 mauling with us finally putting some of those chances away.  Carroll and Suarez with his first Liverpool hat trick.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:53 pm

Did Liverpool FC buy Ray Kennedy from Swansea FC ?

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:54 pm

Roger Red Hat wrote:my prediction...      LFC 6 - 0 SCFC  (carroll 2, Suarez 3, Gerrard)

Blimey, if Gerrard does manage to score with his plastered leg, that will be one for the books.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:23 pm

swansea are extremely open so they'll give us chances at will. once again it'll be a case of whether we take them or not.

i'll go for a 3-0 win.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:37 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:
Roger Red Hat wrote:my prediction...      LFC 6 - 0 SCFC  (carroll 2, Suarez 3, Gerrard)

Blimey, if Gerrard does manage to score with his plastered leg, that will be one for the books.

I meant Adam. keyboard typo  :D
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:03 pm

Those old enough to remember will recall the period under Tosh that took Swansea from the fourth division to the first that made his name as a football manager:

'The new manager was former Liverpool, Cardiff City and Wales striker John Toshack. On 1 March 1978, at the age of 28, Toshack became the youngest manager in the Football League, with Griffiths as his assistant. Thus began a remarkable climb from the Fourth Division to the top of the entire league. Despite relinquishing his role as manager before the end of the season, this was Griffiths' team, and the promotion from the Fourth Division was largely his doing. During this season the Swans' record league win was achieved – 8–0 against Hartlepool United. Before promotion was secured, however, Harry Griffiths died of a heart attack on 25 April 1978 before the home game against Scunthorpe United.

A further promotion was achieved next season and the club returned to the Second Division after an absence of 14 years, with Toshack himself coming off the bench to score the winning goal against Chesterfield and thus secure promotion.

After a season of consolidation, Swansea City again challenged for promotion and travelled to Preston North End on 2 May 1981 in the knowledge that victory would assure them a place in the First Division for the first time in the club's history. A 3–1 win guaranteed a third promotion in four seasons and Swansea City joined the footballing élite. The goalscorers on that historic day at Deepdale were Tommy Craig, Leighton James and Jeremy Charles. The 4 year rise from basement to top division is a record in English football, held jointly with Wimbledon F.C. Coincidentally the Swansea decline started the same year as the Wimbledon rise.

The 1981/82 season began as implausibly as recent history had suggested it might. The fixture computer handed Swansea's upstarts a first-day home game against Leeds United, which Swansea promptly won 5–1 with a hat-trick by debutant Bob Latchford. Swansea had swept from the basement division to the top of the entire Football League in barely three years. Victories over footballing royalty such as Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur followed as the club topped the league on several further occasions. However, injuries to key players took their toll, and the lack of depth in the squad meant that the season ended in sixth-place finish.

Furthermore, a fateful combination of poor form, misfortune in the transfer market and financial problems led to a slump which was as quick and spectacular as had been the rise: two consecutive relegations followed, and Toshack was sacked. By 1985, the club was battling for its very survival on two fronts. Whilst its creditors lined up a High Court hearing with the aim of liquidating the club, Swansea City had come to rely on a combination of old stagers and young professionals.'
++

3-0 to the Reds and I don't care who scores (Carroll, Carroll and Carroll).
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jimmy brighton » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:01 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:Did Liverpool FC buy Ray Kennedy from Swansea FC ?

No we bought him from Arsenal. He left us to join Toshack's Swansea when Whelan arrived.
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby alwayslfc » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:21 am

jimmy brighton wrote:
Kash_Mountain wrote:Did Liverpool FC buy Ray Kennedy from Swansea FC ?

No we bought him from Arsenal. He left us to join Toshack's Swansea when Whelan arrived.

[quote]
Full marks for that and for your information and if I'm not mistaken, veteran Ian Callaghan also joined Swansea and played for them briefly. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Swansea next eh? Ya, these are the sort of games that we need to win and win big to stand any chance of catching up with our rivals Spurs, Newcastle for 4th.
alwayslfc

Postby dundreamin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:04 pm

Another must win game.4-0 and there's gona be fireworks!!
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:39 am

agree.
cant afford to be complacent here,3pt's is a must.
3.0 to us suarez double and carroll.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:33 am

Looks like all the other contenders for 4th will most likely take full points from their games. We SHOULD! be no different.

2-0 to us.
killerp

Postby parchpea » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:54 pm

May be mistaken but last time we played these at home was game after Shanks died. Bit of a fuss as they broke the silence and Toshack had a Liverpool shirt under his Swansea tracky top. Personal memory for me was a load of Swansea fans in the Kop end and one lad getting a milk crate smashed over his head but back to today and surely a victory this time. Lets go 3-0 Liverpool  :buttrock
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:04 am

6-0 to us, no excuses Redmen.

No Norwich nonsense this week!
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games