LIVERPOOL VS SWANSEA CITY - Sat 5th nov - 3pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:25 pm

fairly gutted with that result today.
their keeper pulled a few saves out of the bag and i dont go for the whole he played out of his skin approach either.he was ok and made 3 good saves but we should have beat them easy with the quality we have.
our passing wasnt bad today but the final ball was poor,they were open and we couldnt break them with any urgency or seem to move the ball at pace.our midfield is terrible atm and the root of most of the teams problems.
puzzled as to why downing and hendo swapped wings and why was he subbed for kuyt who was rubbish.i would have taken downing or kuyt off for bellers and left carroll on.
lucas isnt good enough to hold that position for us,we need someone more influential who will attack more and is a quicker reader of the game.
we have too many average players who have had more than enough chances and time to improve this team and havent and we will continue to struggle while they remain here.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:18 pm

Not good enough. Simple. :(
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:12 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:There is some :censored: being spouted on here

Thank god our owner realises that it is going to take more than 11 games FFS and he isnt going to overreact and is going to give the players and manager a lot more time than some "fans" seem to be doing .

:laugh:  The hypocrisy !

Yes because when Roy was here he was shown all the patience in the world wasn't he ?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:30 pm

Kharhaz wrote:

Thank god our owner realises that it is going to take more than 11 games FFS and he isnt going to overreact and is going to give the players and manager a lot more time than some "fans" seem to be doing .

Yes because when Roy was here he was shown all the patience in the world wasn't he ?

Please remind me exactly where Hodgson took us .

I do believe we are 9 points better off and 8 places in the league  better off than this time last year .
Benny The Noon

Postby eds » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:47 pm

If we can't beat the Norwich and Swansea's of this world at HOME, we are truly f**ked.

There is no way you can sugar-coat this s**t, it is simply f**king unacceptable.

Arsenal has recovered from their early jitters and Spurs have two games in hand on us.

It is going to be very tough for us to remain in the top 5 this season, let alone get a CL spot which was our minimum target at the start of the season.

I said it before and I will say it again, for all the money spent since January we haven't strengthened at all just baselined.

I feel that if Kenny does spend more money in January and he brings in more Henderson or Adam type players it's time to put the emotion away and say goodbye to him at the end of the season.

He did very well to steady the ship but the pressure is now on him to succeed with the players HE has brought in to get us 4th spot.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:52 pm

Johnny Boy wrote:Just got back from the game.

I still don't think Lucas and Adam will ever work as a central partnership, we lack pace there badly. Henderson is never a right sided player and never will be, I get the feeling now Kenny is trying to justify the fee.
If he has to play it must be in the centre.

We are crying out for a Mata, Silva or Modric type of player.

Bellamy again brought on too late.

Downing is losing more confidence as each game goes by.
Enrique MOTM but there wasn't a lot of competition.

Give Swansea credit their midfield energy, passing and pace at times put ours to shame.

Couldn't agree more.

Suarez can't keeping doing this every week.

Gerrard is in his twilight now.

It is so obvious we need a creative player who can spark the ignition that we need to go on a dominant run.

I think most supporters saw this blantant hole at the start of the season. Selling Alonso a few seasons ago and not replacing his quality has cost us dearly.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:13 am

I'll say it again

11 games into the season and the knee jerk reactions are pathetic and embaressing .
After every disappointing result the reaction from the Internet fans is shocking and so overreaction .

If we beat Chelsea we will be on the same points as them yet people are talking like the season is over already.

This season was always going to be a building season with a lot of progress and the one thing we as supporters really needed to do was be "patient" while the work is done - yet people can't even manage that , too many expecting instant results and a quick fix.
Wake up and smell the coffee and be realistic .
Benny The Noon

Postby dundreamin » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:35 am

I carnt believe people are calling for kennys head after 14 competitive games, 2 defeats. WTF are you mental or just taking too many drugs. A phonecall to Frank maybe required
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:40 am

Benny The Noon wrote:Please remind me exactly where Hodgson took us .

I do believe we are 9 points better off and 8 places in the league  better off than this time last year .

That wasn't my point. You are whinging at the lack of patience shown towards Kenny and the players signed, and yet you showed exactly the same lack of patience last season and yet here you are criticizing others.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:43 am

Benny The Noon wrote:the one thing we as supporters really needed to do was be "patient" while the work is done

What exactly do you mean?

What work? And how long?

eds

Postby eds » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:50 am

People who make sweeping statements when not one single person on this thread has called for Kenny's immediate resignation

:no  :no  :no

eds

Postby aCe' » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:51 am

Benny The Noon wrote:I'll say it again

11 games into the season and the knee jerk reactions are pathetic and embaressing .
After every disappointing result the reaction from the Internet fans is shocking and so overreaction .

If we beat Chelsea we will be on the same points as them yet people are talking like the season is over already.

This season was always going to be a building season with a lot of progress and the one thing we as supporters really needed to do was be "patient" while the work is done - yet people can't even manage that , too many expecting instant results and a quick fix.
Wake up and smell the coffee and be realistic .

Give it a break GYBS...
11 games in is almost a third of the season gone so its hardly knee jerk. Most of what is being said about the game and our tactics, transfers, and progression is not stuff that is coming up for the first time. Some of the mistakes that Kenny has done in the past few games are being repeated and it not only frustrates fans, but also costs us points that could very well be the difference between CL qualification and a mere top8 finish.

Theres still plenty of room for development and I honestly see nothing wrong with people discussing where they think the club is going wrong...

Regarding the whole 'work in progress and we're not looking for instantaneous results' argument, ill simply say this: you dont pay 120mill in 6 or so months and outspend everyone in the league to marginally improve your side or buy youngsters for the future. We seemingly made a host of mistakes in the transfer market and rather than brushing it aside, it might be better if everyone (Kenny included) just accepts that and try to see how the side can improve and be refined going forward.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:53 am

aCe' wrote:Regarding the whole 'work in progress and we're not looking for instantaneous results' argument, ill simply say this: you dont pay 120mill in 6 or so months and outspend everyone in the league to marginally improve your side or buy youngsters for the future. We seemingly made a host of mistakes in the transfer market and rather than brushing it aside, it might be better if everyone (Kenny included) just accepts that and try to see how the side can improve and be refined going forward.

Amen.

eds

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:09 am

Kharhaz wrote:

:D

He's got you there Benny.   :laugh:

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:13 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Please remind me exactly where Hodgson took us .

That wasn't my point. You are whinging at the lack of patience shown towards Kenny and the players signed, and yet you showed exactly the same lack of patience last season and yet here you are criticizing others.

Bang on.

Had someone else made those exact same comments re patients many would have thought fair enough. But it's Benny making the comments, it doesn't add up and like you said it's sheer hypocrisy. How he has the audacity is beyond me really - the cheek of it!

Nevermind 11 games in, Roy was judged during pre-season by Benny!

Benny, you can't take the moral high ground here, not unless you want to look sillier than you already are.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games