LIVERPOOL VS SWANSEA CITY - Sat 5th nov - 3pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maguskwt » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:19 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:We are currently 6th only 3 points behind CL qualification - most of what you post is not knee jerk its others that need to get a grip

Stop kidding yourself mate... we are not 3 points behind CL qualification... Spurs have 2 games in hand so we are 6 points behind not to mention our goal difference...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:41 pm

Christ - People are now even trying to change reality to ensure their point is valid .

Chelsea are currently 4th on 22 points we are on 19 points so we are 3 points behind a CL .

That is a fact that you can check yourself by looking at the table on any website .

Last I knew games in hand don't mean automatic points .
Benny The Noon

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:47 pm

was really poor yesterday, not helped by the atmosphere which was nothing short of abysmal. the whoppers around me did nothing but slate our players for 90 minutes.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tonyeh » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:32 pm

aCe' wrote:Regarding the whole 'work in progress and we're not looking for instantaneous results' argument, ill simply say this: you dont pay 120mill in 6 or so months and outspend everyone in the league to marginally improve your side or buy youngsters for the future. We seemingly made a host of mistakes in the transfer market and rather than brushing it aside, it might be better if everyone (Kenny included) just accepts that and try to see how the side can improve and be refined going forward.

Bingo.

The problem is the players we have. A side that relies on the likes of Kuyt and Lucas and adds to that Downing, Adam and Henderson (and even Carroll) is not going to make a serious challenge, even for 4th.

It's both early days AND a large chuck of the season, but it's not looking too good, is it.

Liverpool are simply not good enough.
tonyeh

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:13 pm

Thinkpad wrote:Five more years anyone?.. Right
Give Benitez five more years..
Give Houllier five more years...
Liverpool fans like to hang on to tradition and history because that is the only thing that we have going... nothing for the future.
If someone else in another team can do better with more change and no money, I can't understand why it is okay to perform worst.

Forgot to add, I give him 1 more year. He would have 2 and half. Not to win the prem but to improve the team and be top four again. If he can't even do that why persist with him? Don't let emotion get in the way of logical thinking.

Why are you talking about Liverpool fans in the third person?

You let you guard slip, now :censored: off back to whatever cack championship team you really support.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:40 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:
and whats a flame war

Causing the same old s.hit that used to be indicative of this board. The fact you're only replying to this discussion and not elsewhere kind of proves my point.

So what do you want me to do . not discuss our manager , and just go into other threads and either slate or not slate our players , i never went the game yesterday i watched it on my computer , i had time to post so i posted . thats it , my opinion , im not singling anyone out i just remarked and commented on your post , no nastiness involved i just didnt agree with  you an Kharhaz . dont compare Roy to Kenny ,different class completly

I don't think anyone was comparing Kenny and Roy. The comparisons that were being drawn were merely about the hypocritical attitudes displayed towards the said managers. Certain people yourself included decided from day one to give Hodgson absolutely no support. That was your choice but it doesn't mean that everybody has to stoop to that level.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:09 am

I agree with Nan and Benny. Patience is key here. Yesterday was the worst we've played for a while. The performances are there imo its just the finishing, someones gonna get smashed off us soon enough.

Roy and Kenny are poles apart - can anyone see us going in the same direction under Kenny as we did under Roy? Really?

Any more patience with Roy and it would have been relegation scrap come April, Roy didn't deserve patience, he shouldn't have been there in the first place!
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:25 am

the reason hodgson didn't get support was due to the most dire football i've seen in twenty years supporting liverpool and the fact that his conduct and handling of the players and media was not what i expect of a liverpool manager.

currently we're creating loads of chances but failing to take them. under hodgson i saw games when we couldn't even muster a shot on goal.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby worcester_red » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:23 am

Kenny is a massive step up from Roy, no question of that. The bottom line here is that we are playing fairly :censored: but you can see that Kenny (and Rafa was the same int the early days) looks every bit as :censored: off and annoyed about it as we are if not much much more and that can only be a good thing because it means Kenny can see it's not working and wants to fix it.
worcester_red

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:42 am

the thing that really annoys me is that the team we put out cost an absolute fortune and looks pretty average if were honest with ourselves. Compare us to Spurs whos team cost a fraction of the price, its not good enough. After all that money been spent the team is still seriously lacking in quality. If a player costs over £15mil he should be top quality, can we really say that about Downing, Henderson and Carroll?
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:09 am

stmichael wrote:the reason hodgson didn't get support was due to the most dire football i've seen in twenty years supporting liverpool and the fact that his conduct and handling of the players and media was not what i expect of a liverpool manager.

currently we're creating loads of chances but failing to take them. under hodgson i saw games when we couldn't even muster a shot on goal.

The ugly and distasteful criticism of Roy Hodgson was started by several members on here before he had even managed his first game for Liverpool. It was spoilt brat syndrome. It certainly wasn't the Liverpool way. The same people are the ones who will show their dissatisfaction by boo-ing and verbally abusing players when things are not going the way they want. Perhaps if they got behind the team and made the right noise Anfield would be a better place. It used to be a fortress now it's a mausoleum with far too many whinging, moaning foul mouthed critics who claim to be the real supporters!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:40 pm

devaney wrote:
stmichael wrote:the reason hodgson didn't get support was due to the most dire football i've seen in twenty years supporting liverpool and the fact that his conduct and handling of the players and media was not what i expect of a liverpool manager.

The ugly and distasteful criticism of Roy Hodgson was started by several members on here before he had even managed his first game for Liverpool. It was spoilt brat syndrome. It certainly wasn't the Liverpool way. The same people are the ones who will show their dissatisfaction by boo-ing and verbally abusing players when things are not going the way they want. Perhaps if they got behind the team and made the right noise Anfield would be a better place. It used to be a fortress now it's a mausoleum with far too many whinging, moaning foul mouthed critics who claim to be the real supporters!

LFC must support Kenny and the players despite of few below bar performances, and we are aware we do not possess too top class players due to bad a foolish wholesale buys by previous managers and ownership. Kenny is doing a good job, and it will take time, there is no quick fix, unless you have unlimited credit line as it is in a case of M. City and Chelsea.
Good faithful supporters must full support to the manager and players.

Thank you
algymoon

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:57 pm

If we where not creating chances I would be worried, but we are making bucketloads.

Suarez is a fantastic player but he is not really an out and out striker. 

Carroll is impoving every game, his work rate has been brilliant - he just needs a couple of goals to get his confidence back up.  He was unlicky on Saturday when he hit the bar.

Midfield do need to chip in with some more goals, and I think that will hapen once Stevie G gets back in the team, probably at the expense of Henderson.

We dont need to press the panic button just yet, its going to take time but it will start to happen especially if us fans do our bit!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:17 pm

Interesting from Opta

Lucas Leiva was the most accurate passer on the pitch during Liverpool's goalless draw with Swansea at the weekend. For this and other match stats courtesy of Opta, keep reading.

Liverpool had 25 shots, five of which were on target. Swansea directed three of their 12 efforts between the sticks.

Ten of Liverpool's hits were from outside of the 18-yard box - Swansea tried from distance nine times.

The hosts had 52.3 per cent of possession but lost 52.4 per cent of their 'duels'.

They dominated in the air, however, winning 68.8 per cent of their aerial battles.

The story of the goalkeepers was that Pepe Reina made three saves to Michel Vorm's five. Our man between the posts had an 80 per cent passing accuracy to Vorm's 43.8 per cent.

Charlie Adam had the most touches of anyone in red with 100. Glen Johnson had 82 to leave him second.

Lucas Leiva recorded the best stats in possession of the 22 who started the game. He passed the ball 66 times with an accuracy of 95.5 per cent, though just three per cent of his passes were long.

For the second game in succession, Martin Skrtel pipped every defender on the pitch when it came to passing. An impressive 91.9 per cent of his 37 passes reached their destination.

The Slovakia international also attempted a higher percentage of long balls than any of his LFC teammates with 18.9 per cent.

Of all the strikers who started, Luis Suarez completed the most passes (39) and had the highest accuracy (71.8 per cent).

Daniel Agger executed more shots than any defender on the pitch - four. None were on target. Stewart Downing took this honour in midfield, hitting the target twice from four attempts.

Suarez was by far the busiest striker on the field of play with seven shots, three of which were on target.

Adam set up more shots for teammates than anyone else. In fact his tally of seven shot assists was more than double anyone on the pitch.

Lucas, Adam and Agger conceded the most fouls on the day, earning a whistle three times each.

The corner count was Liverpool 11-4 Swansea.

Liverpool played 512 passes and had an 83 per cent accuracy rate - up 1.5 per cent from the victory over West Brom.

Swansea played 471 passes, 86 per cent of which found their target.

Phil Dowd awarded 15 free-kicks against Kenny's men but penalised Swansea just five times.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby maguskwt » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:20 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Christ - People are now even trying to change reality to ensure their point is valid .

Chelsea are currently 4th on 22 points we are on 19 points so we are 3 points behind a CL .

That is a fact that you can check yourself by looking at the table on any website .

Last I knew games in hand don't mean automatic points .

I'm not changing reality... I'm giving you a more accurate picture of how things stand... next thing you know Spurs would have played their games in hand and with their current form they will probably get max points. And we will be scratching our heads and thinking "geez... how did we fall behind so far when only a few weeks ago we were only 3 points behind Chelsea". If we continue to perform like we performed we will no doubt fall behind. And we only have players like Adam, Carroll, Lucas, Downing and Henderson to depend on. And we are not going anywhere with that group anytime soon. If we want to play CL football we need to invest in the January window. Some of us are calling a spade a spade where as you on the other hand are being overly defensive and accusing people of being internat fans.

The FACT is that we are not looking good for that last CL spot as of THIS MOMENT, NOW. We're currently slipping down the table not climbing up. Arsenal who had the worst start in their history in decades, who we had been saying they may get relegated are now LEVEL on points as us. THEY are climbing the table. Not us.

And just for the record being critical DOES NOT equate to not supporting the club. And nobody on here except for a few WUMS are being overly critical on Kenny. So give it a break will ya?

Kenny said that our performance was "UNACCEPTABLE"... according to you, Kenny must be knee-jerking eh?

Agger said that they were like "headless chicken"... so according to you, he is also knee-jerking...
:laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games