Swansea City vs Liverpool Sun 13th May 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed May 16, 2012 11:20 am

Kukilon » Wed May 16, 2012 9:41 am wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/fa-cup/9248813/Liverpool-adamant-Andy-Carroll-header-was-over-the-line-as-Chelsea-claim-controversial-FA-Cup-final-triumph.html

Clearly the whole ball wasn't over.

that only shows what everyone saw, bad pictures. ITV showed a zoomed in CGI type shot... lets try to find that one. I'll go have a look now...
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed May 16, 2012 3:37 pm

Kukilon » Wed May 16, 2012 9:41 am wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/fa-cup/9248813/Liverpool-adamant-Andy-Carroll-header-was-over-the-line-as-Chelsea-claim-controversial-FA-Cup-final-triumph.html

Clearly the whole ball wasn't over.

“If the ball was behind the line I wouldn’t have been able to put it outside," said Cech. "I’m sure it was not behind the line. I’m 100 per cent persuaded it was not in.”

His whole hand was inside the goal, of course he was able to put the ball outside!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Wed May 16, 2012 4:51 pm

The whole ball needs to cross the line when looking at the line from above or whatever you want to call it. Doesn't matter if his hands was inside the goal or not.

It looked like a goal when it happened but it was not. Wouldn't have faulted any referee if the deemed it to be a goal though.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed May 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Kukilon » Wed May 16, 2012 3:51 pm wrote:The whole ball needs to cross the line when looking at the line from above or whatever you want to call it. Doesn't matter if his hands was inside the goal or not.

It looked like a goal when it happened but it was not. Wouldn't have faulted any referee if the deemed it to be a goal though.

If he had to put his whole arm in the goal in order to keep the ball out then the ball was probably inside as well.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Thu May 17, 2012 12:18 am

damjan193 » Wed May 16, 2012 5:07 pm wrote:
Kukilon » Wed May 16, 2012 3:51 pm wrote:The whole ball needs to cross the line when looking at the line from above or whatever you want to call it. Doesn't matter if his hands was inside the goal or not.

If he had to put his whole arm in the goal in order to keep the ball out then the ball was probably inside as well.

You are a clueless idiot.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby radun5 » Thu May 17, 2012 1:15 pm

Not that it matters that much.

I also thought at first it was a goal, then saw some clips and thought it did not cross the line entirely.

However, the camera was not exactly on the goal line, so the conclusion is not 100% correct. It does seem that the effing woodwork is bigger than the goal line or at least it is blocking the view

Anyway check this link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZEanMOPgSk

I do not know who has done it (hope it is not some fan's work) and how accurate it is, but reviewing the other clips and taking into consideration the angle and perspective, to me it looks like a goal. Milimetric precision was needed for that goal.

Not that it matters that much :)
radun5

Postby damjan193 » Thu May 17, 2012 6:45 pm

Kukilon » Wed May 16, 2012 11:18 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Wed May 16, 2012 5:07 pm wrote:

You are a clueless idiot.

Obviously you have never played football in your life.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Thu May 17, 2012 8:06 pm

radun5 » Thu May 17, 2012 12:15 pm wrote:Not that it matters that much.

I also thought at first it was a goal, then saw some clips and thought it did not cross the line entirely.

However, the camera was not exactly on the goal line, so the conclusion is not 100% correct. It does seem that the effing woodwork is bigger than the goal line or at least it is blocking the view

Anyway check this link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZEanMOPgSk

I do not know who has done it (hope it is not some fan's work) and how accurate it is, but reviewing the other clips and taking into consideration the angle and perspective, to me it looks like a goal. Milimetric precision was needed for that goal.

Not that it matters that much :)

As you can see in the real footage in that instance the keeper have allready hit the ball in and is on his way into the goal.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games