Swansea V Liverpool 22/01 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:28 pm

We played like we played in the first 10 games of the season. We had a lot of possession, but couldn't shoot on target or score.

We are crying out for a centre forward, maybe we should have been in the race for Alexis Sanchez.

Are we going to crawl over the line for fourth place again, it seems. If we keep winning games, the losing or drawing the next game, we will struggle to get that 4th place.

It's not a gimme. :(
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:28 pm

Klopp: "I'm more frustrated about the performance than the result. It just wasn’t good enough."
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:29 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:24 pm wrote:Klopp looks Exhausted, angry, frustrated, upset. He looks like he's running out of answers for these teams that play ultra defensive and steal results.

As soon as Swansea scored we had mentally lost that game. It's nowhere near good enough.

City brush those teams aside but that's because they have got plenty of creative players like De Bruyne and Silva.
We did have a quality playmaker ourselves but we decided to sell him midway through the season.....
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:33 pm

Typical us. Beat te team at the top one week and then go lose to thevteam rock bottom. Only our 3rd loss in the league but the nature of it is just so dissapointing. That Swansea team is ***** poor man
Doeboy

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:29 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:24 pm wrote:Klopp looks Exhausted, angry, frustrated, upset. He looks like he's running out of answers for these teams that play ultra defensive and steal results.

As soon as Swansea scored we had mentally lost that game. It's nowhere near good enough.

City brush those teams aside but that's because they have got plenty of creative players like De Bruyne and Silva.
We did have a quality playmaker ourselves but we decided to sell him midway through the season.....

So have we. But we need more players with that cutting edge, like Suarez, who can carve teams up.
Only Salah can do that.

Can, Matip etc were trying to shoot and it was pathetic.

Klopp should not be in unfamiliar territory here, we've done this a few times this season. Not made our dominance pay off.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:42 pm

We played poor but we created enough chances to at least not lose...But Mentally the players weren't here today...All our top players reached one decent/great opportunity and all chocked..
Our players are way too nice and sensitive...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:46 pm

only me » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:42 pm wrote:.But Mentally the players weren't here today...

I don't agree. First half Swansea defended very well and we just couldn't get the time and space to be effective.

Second half, similar, and we could not make our possession pay off.

This is why we've dropped so many points this season.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:50 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:46 pm wrote:
only me » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:42 pm wrote:.But Mentally the players weren't here today...

I don't agree. First half Swansea defended very well and we just couldn't get the time and space to be effective.

Yes they defended well but we were comfortable with the slow tempo play..We should have dictated a much more faster pace but we were on cruise control...
As to mentally...How do you explain Salah/Mane/Bobby missed chances? Mental focus and readiness..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:53 pm

only me » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:50 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:46 pm wrote:

How do you explain Salah/Mane/Bobby missed chances? Mental focus and readiness..

Bad luck, poor timing, and not enough time and space to compose themselves. :p
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:01 am

aCe' » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:21 pm wrote:Happens when the side doesnt have more than 1 or 2 top quality players. We play a team game and the side wasnt well prepared for the game and that includes Klopp. Even his changes during the game failed to make a difference; if anything, he nullified any threat Mane and Ox posed by playing them so wide out without bringing on a Solanke or a target for any potential crosses.

You wouldn't know Ox was even on the pitch 1st half only for a set piece or two. Its players like him who should be trying to show leadership during matches other than his ability to play 5 and 10 yard passes sideways and backwards. We already have plenty of those in the squad and the last thing we need is another one.
Solanke  Wouldn't have made a bit of difference out there tonight. He is a kid with very little experience and thinking otherwise is clutching at straws. No disrespect to the lad but he has a long long way to go before he can be considered an option at this level.
Swansea had a game plan and they stuck to it while we plodded around before the panic set in. Then we were all over the place with pretty much everyone getting forward and having a go like it was a training session.
We need a proper striker with a bit of quality about him but its probably the last thing we are looking for.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:11 am

We all see where the season is headed unless we buy a quality signing in this window. We were in the title picture last Xmas and didn't act in the transfer market when we desperately needed a center half and we luckily held on to 4th.

I think it we don't buy a creative player we will not make the top 4.

Utd have got stronger with buying Sanchez

Arsenal will be stronger with Aubameyang and Mkhatariyan

And we have become weaker since selling Coutinho.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:18 am

We have Lallana, Mane, Firmino and Salah. How many more creative players do we Want!??

I can't believe that Klopp hasn't addressed the issue of a top striker, as we struggled to score earlier in the season and Firminho is not an out and out striker either.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:47 am

Abbyuang would be perfect up top with firminio just behind front 3 he's a natural goalscorer as well and his record is excellent. 60m go get the fooker
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:50 am

Ghost of Shankly » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:18 pm wrote:

We have Lallana, Mane, Firmino and Salah. How many more creative players do we Want!??

I can't believe that Klopp hasn't addressed the issue of a top striker, as we struggled to score earlier in the season and Firminho is not an out and out striker either.

Mane and Salah are not really creative players though are they? They are far more likely to be the player running onto a through ball than the one threading it through.
As for Lallana yes he has plenty of skill but it's all for show, for all his fancy footwork there's very little end product.
Someone like Mahrez would have come in very handy tonight, the club have other idea's though.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:54 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:50 am wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:18 pm wrote:

Mane and Salah are not really creative players though are they? They are far more likely to be the player running onto a through ball than the one threading it through.
As for Lallana yes he has plenty of skill but it's all for show, for all his fancy footwork there's very little end product.
Someone like Mahrez would have come in very handy tonight, the club have other idea's though.

Salah has great intricate passing ability and good vision /awareness. If that is not a sign of creativity then I do not know what is.

Mahrez, will not offer us anything that we have not got already! (unless we can throw hendo in as part of a swap deal)
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games