SWANSEA CITY VS LIVERPOOL: Monday 16th Sep SS1 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:43 pm

its a point i suppose but we cannot keep expecting to get away with that kind of performance. it was dreadful in the second half and the truth is that we lost control towards the end of the 1st and never regained it.
losing coutinho killed any chance we had of taking 3 points cos we couldnt create anything when he went off. the lack of quality really showed for us tonight. although moses scored and made a few runs i thought he looked lazy, no urgency whatsoever to close a ball down or throw in a tackle. sturridge not busting a gut is acceptable as he isnt fully fit but we cant afford the whole front line allowing the oppositions defense to walk out with the ball as we did lots of times in the second half. aspas is struggling big time and is beginning to look no better than borini.
i wouldnt be too hard on sakho as he looked a bit eager to impress but hopefully he steps up to the pace of the league quickly.
johnson was a big loss just like coutinho will be if he's injured.
hendo was good again and so was mingy, sturridge proved again how clinical he can be.
still happy we are top and have soton next so hopefully we can get back to winning ways.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:49 pm

We really need to stop being Sh*t in second half or teams will start to take full advantage of that very soon.

It was always going to be a tough game though. Swansea was a team that we struggled against last season and they wanted to get their first home win. Plus it's Monday night. I think we would have survived that pressure if it weren't for Sakho and Wisdom though. Sakho looks good but tonight he was too eager to impress and was all over the place. Wisdom was seen as a weak point by Swansea so he was under a lot of pressure.

The midfield was pathetic again. I was really disappointed by Lucas. Gerrard obviously doesn't have the legs any more but Lucas must step it up!

And finally, our bench is horrible. Toure made a bit of a difference when he came on but he's already a starter. We couldn't expect too much from young Sterling, and Aspas looks like a complete waste of money.

All is not that bad though. It was a poor performance, but it was a good result at the end. We're still on top of the table, and as long as we don't lose the momentum we should be fine. I expected this to be a tough fixture for us, but we should definitely be winning our next 2 league games in this month.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:58 pm

What have we been doing during the International break? Binging on Bacon and Beans??? The whole team looked depleted ,tired and lost. The only positive thing coming from this game was that we didn't lose. Really liked what I saw from Mozes and Sakho ,they displayed skills which we would benefit from in the future and they were mainly responsible for us securing the point.

2nd half was pathetic ,be it fitness or mental state ,it was unbearable to watch ,Swansea were first to every ball ,they just run our midfield over (Gerrard with another woeful game) and if it wasn't for a good game of Martin ,Sakho and Mignolete we could have finished worse.

Aspas continue to show alarming signs of inability to cope with the physicality of the game and he is clearly losing to Mozes.

Most alarming was the pace of the game ,this casual movement of the ball ,reminded me of last season ,we can't settle for this kind of football. Movement is critical for this team and playing a monotone type of football will blow in our faces.

Gerrard, really loosing steam quickly ,don't see much sense in playing both him and Lucas together if that is going to be his performance.
That was a bad gam however we are Still Champions after tonight .
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:00 pm

FACT...we are still unbeaten; FACT...we played like sh1t; FACT...we are still on top of the league; FACT...won't be for long if we keep fading like this in the 2nd half

FACT...we are trying to improve and be more resilient...something all successful teams have to be. The faster we turn this around and keep picking up points while playing badly, the higher a chance we'll get to finish higher up theleague come end of the season. Not happy with the performance but one more week to go before Suarez is back. Hopefully we'll get a hungry  Luis rather than the sulky one
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:05 pm

Decent point but the second half performance was shocking, it seems that someone has told Lucas and Gerrard that football matches only last 60 mins but because have vanished from every match we have played this season around the hour mark which is becoming a huge issue as we failed to control any game that we play in. Aspas looked like a child out there, has absolutely no physical presence what so ever and has to be one of the biggest wimps ive ever seen, if he dosnt fix up sharp he has no future because he will get eaten for breakfast by most premiership teams. Moses did well and his direct running caused them a lot of problems, he seemed to link up well with Sturridge and Couthnino as well. Couthinio was much improved and it was no surprise that we fell apart as soon as he came off, the difference in quality from him and Aspas was enormous.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:38 pm

A hard earned point takes us back to the top of the league. Credit to Swansea for bossing the second half, but try as they might they couldnt break us down. A great result for an under strength team against a determined and well drilled side.
Onwards and upwards for B-Rod and the Red Men!
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby kartiek » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:04 am

IMO Sakho looked very nervous throughout the game and made some really poor decisions.

I don't know why we were playing in such a long ball fashion. I think Coutinho is having a tough time this season because people have realized his quality and marking the Sh*t out of him. He has to rise above it and still not lose the ball so often. I have no idea why Gerrard was just constantly lobbing it out every single time.

I don't know if the outfield players didn't their job but everytime Mignolet kicked the ball upfield, it came right back in 10 seconds. We just couldn't keep possession. I don't get why we have to completely abandon our pass and play style completely in the second half.
kartiek

Postby Raoul » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:18 am

Finally able to watch the last 10 minutes of the game. Overall, we've got to be disappointed with that - Swansea were the better side.

I thought Sakho was poor overall, I felt he was partly culpable for both of their goals - missing the tackle on Shelvey for the first, and being pulled out of position which created the space in behind for Shelvey to run into for the second. He looks like a good player, but he isn't quite up to speed yet.

I felt a key decision Rodgers got wrong was bringing on Aspas for Coutinho. Given how we lost control of the midfield I would've preferred to see Henderson move into the middle and Sterling on the flank.

I guess a record of three wins and one draw is OK, but it could have been so much more, and probably should've been worse...
Last edited by Raoul on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:22 am

A point with a makeshift defence and playing against a settled Swansea side and a return to the Top of the Prem will have to suffice. Sakho was severely tested and will be left under no illusions about the pace of the PL. He showed glimpses of skill but he was basically playing alongside strangers.........

Last season we would have lost that game. Yes we did concede possession far too easily in the second half and BR won't be happy about that but with Suarez to return we will be set fair for the next few games. Southampton at home then Sunderland away before we host West Ham then Newcastle away it's easy to see why of all the games Swansea away was going to be the trickiest.

Liked Moses and although absent 2nd half he will improve.

Keep some perspective guys. Its been an encouraging start to the season...... Walk on :)

We have
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:26 am

Mignolet - 5 - Poor game, his distribution three times led to him having to make saves he shouldn't. He also failed to release Sturridge twice who screaming for the ball and also flapped a couple of times. Some of his saves were also either not held of not cleared probably, he mis judged one that was going well wide and had it not been for Skyrtel would have been a certain goal.

Wisdom - 4 - Never a right back. Can't believe he was picked over Toure.

Skyrtel - 7 - Best of a bad bunch (defensively) for me although should have tucked in more centrally for Michu's goal. Lacked the anticipation required to see this early enough to deal with it.

Sakho - 5 - Three or four really poor decisions. He did however look strong, quick and steady on the ball. Could have been down to nerves.

Enrique - 6 - Solid but not spectacular. Didn't do anything of note really but didn't give it away, kept it well enough.

Lucas  - 5 - Didn't do anything in the game what so ever after the first twenty minutes. It just seemed to pass him by.

Gerrard - 6 - Passed it well, tackled when he could and tried to dictate the game, worked in the first half, second he lost his way after Coutinho had to come off.

Coutinho - 7 - Liverpool's best player until he came off. After that is was no suprise to see us struggle to put three passes together.

Henderson  - 5 - Couple of tidy touches early on but completely failed to infuence the game. Worked hard as always.

Moses - 6 - Scored a really nice goal, put a great cross in from which Sturridge should have scored but was largely ineffective after a really bright start. Made one or two selfish runs which closed the game up when he should have done much better.

Sturridge - 6 - Took his goal brilliantly, held it up well at times in the first half. Second half didn't get the service then let his head drop and stopped trying. Needs a kicking after that.

Subs:

Aspas - 4 - Awful touches, no influence.

Sterling - 4 - Same as above.

All in, despite the really poor showing a good result and one or two positives.

MOM without a doubt Shelvey, responsible for every goal directly and stopped a boring 0-0.

Its a funny old game. :D
Last edited by Stu the Red on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dalglish » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:35 am

Feck me its Stu the Red !  :D

How are you lad ? Still going the game ?

Went to Villa Away but you needed 19 Aways for Swansea !  :oops: Alas I'm a  part timer with just 11 aways from last season !  :;):

Watched the game and we were hanging on in the second half after they equalised !

Walk on .......
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:37 am

Dalglish » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:35 am wrote:Feck me its Stu the Red !  :D

Went to Villa Away but you needed 19 Aways for Swansea !  :oops: Alas I'm a  part timer with just 11 aways from last season !  :;):

Watched the game and we were hanging on in the second half after they equalised !

Walk on .......

Good mate tar, yourself?

No don't go as much these days. All grown up, own business and lack time etc... you know the score :D

You should post more, would lessen the idiots to posts ratio by 000.1% :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dalglish » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:44 am

:D I hardly have time mate. Got 2 kids. 1 Wife and a serious affliction for all things LFC ! (no change there then!)

Good to hear you are doing well mate. LFC and this forum still driving you crackers I see ! LOL

A lot of the old guys have disappeared or rarely post. I have great affection for this site but it messed with my head when they changed the look of the site. Being an old fart I liked it the way it was ! :D 

Take my 9 year old Boy to the games when i can  these days. He has been to Anfield 7 times and won 7. Took him Wigan away last season (4-0) and flares galore - He loved it !

You flatter me with your comments. From what i remember you wasn't Mr Tolerant of the older guys in seasons gone ! lol

Best of mate. Good to see your back !  :help
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:48 am

Dalglish » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:44 am wrote::D I hardly have time mate. Got 2 kids. 1 Wife and a serious affliction for all things LFC ! (no change there then!)

Good to hear you are doing well mate. LFC and this forum still driving you crackers I see ! LOL

A lot of the old guys have disappeared or rarely post. I have great affection for this site but it messed with my head when they changed the look of the site. Being an old fart I liked it the way it was ! :D 

Take my 9 year old Boy to the games when i can  these days. He has been to Anfield 7 times and won 7. Took him Wigan away last season (4-0) and flares galore - He loved it !

You flatter me with your comments. From what i remember you wasn't Mr Tolerant of the older guys in seasons gone ! lol

Best of mate. Good to see your back !  :help

Know what you mean, Supersup must be makin a killing with all these shitty adds on here :D

Keep in touch sun beam!!! :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Hustler 2 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:02 am

Dalglish » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:35 am wrote:Feck me its Stu the Red !  :D

Walk on .......

:) lets reminisce for old times sake! :)
We all know stu was the biggest whopper Wum to ever grace this forum.
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games