LIVERPOOL VS NEWCASTLE UNITED - 1 may 2011, ko: 12:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RedSi35 » Sun May 01, 2011 6:04 pm

Great win, we look unstoppable at home.

I know you cant look at the past, but just think for a second where we may have been with kenny at the helm from the off ?

Mind you, we may have not had suarez or carroll..... So every cloud and all that !
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun May 01, 2011 8:30 pm

good game.. very comfortable.. Suarez and Kuyt showed good movement off the ball but seemed to lose possession far too easily far too many times for my liking... Newcastle are an average side without Carroll and i'd be surprised if they stay up past next season unless they invest heavily..

Good work yet again from Kenny.. Would have expected Cole to come on earlier and cant really understand the whole Shelvey at fullback thing but eh... 3 points... lets secure 5th and get players ready for next season...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun May 01, 2011 11:04 pm

Fk sake even B'Ham got aired before us on MOTD.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon May 02, 2011 12:09 am

our situation isn't exactly as important as the title chase and the relegation abttle though

That said, the Mancs could be in mid table obscurity and playing a team with nothing to play for and you can guarantee they'd be on first :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue May 03, 2011 2:07 am

Another good result, have to admit I'm warming to Lucas he's doing really well.

A bit of a concern against Newcastle for me was the amount of free kicks we conceded in and around our 18 yard box. Thank fully Newcastle wasted the majority of these but had a player like Carroll been playing for them we could have found this costly. Flannagan struggled against Newcastle's Argie winger, it was a good move by Kenny and Clarke to swap Johnson and Flanno around as the boy was already on an innocuous yellow card.

It's good to see the boys playing MUCH better, a goal difference has rocketed under Kenny, when once under Roy I think we were -1 for a long time, now we're ahead of Spurs on goal difference by + 7 goals!
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby mkingdom » Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 pm

Whenever you watch our highlights of goals, Suarez is always heavily involved in some way.  I don't think we can under estimate the importance of him to the side.  Next season can't come soon enough.
mkingdom

Postby Zidane » Tue May 03, 2011 4:07 pm

I don't get Shelvey coming in at LB these past two matches either but did you see the pass with his left foot toward the end of the match?  He has some pair of feet on him.  Standout performers for me were Kuyt, Suarez and Glen.
Zidane

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games