LIVERPOOL VS MAN UNITED - 15 october 2011, ko: 12:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redtrader74 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:30 pm

Todays game highlights that if teams actually try to play and attack the manc defence that they are very shaky, there is a stat that de gea has had something like the most shots at him I think, if only the other teams in the prem were sent out with some conviction as well.

We played ok, and Fergie was definatly scared of losing for the fourth time on the bounce, he has said it before that we come out with more purpose and that the crowd/ atmosphere have affected the game. Hence his players not really flying in, packing the midfield and not playing shrek, and it nearly worked as for most of the game our crowd was flat and our players certainly were in the first half.

Enrique was our best player, and if the rest of the players had shown a little more conviction they may have got on the end of his early crosses. Kenny missed a trick and should have got on Carroll in the second half as every ball in the box caused the scum panic; de gea didn't gather any of them.

We conceded, and I think we must have all felt like a goal was coming, because we lacked confidence and direction, Kenny, Stevie, Carra should have taken  control of the game after we scored and ensured that we kept possession, and continued to play the way we had, but we didn't, we sat back and asked them to score.

Ferdinand should have got a yellow, his studs caught Adams heel end of. it was good to see Henderson being used as a young player should be, and it was reflected in the confident way he played his cameo. I'm glad that we more than held our own but we should have won, and need to keep playing with conviction.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:55 pm

Face it - they had Shrek, the mexican gimp and that portuguese nancy-boy on the bench - and we STILL contrived to only take a point.....2 points dropped, end of !!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Dalglish » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:16 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Face it - they had Shrek, the mexican gimp and that portuguese nancy-boy on the bench - and we STILL contrived to only take a point.....2 points dropped, end of !!

We have took 3pts the last season in this fixture at home but by God we were in a MUCH worse condition than we find ourselves in today.

Look at the bigger picture lad and stop looking at one game in isolation.

Stop whining , you sound like Evra !

End of  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:21 pm

Dalglish wrote:We have took 3pts the last season in this fixture at home but by God we were in a MUCH worse condition than we find ourselves in today.

"We took" or "We have taken"....that's for starters.... :)

THIS year we are streets ahead of the same fixture last year. We dropped two points when we had arguably an easier opportunity to take the three. They came for a point and poor finishing cost us two
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Dalglish » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:29 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Dalglish wrote:We have took 3pts the last season in this fixture at home but by God we were in a MUCH worse condition than we find ourselves in today.

"We took" or "We have taken"....that's for starters.... :)

THIS year we are streets ahead of the same fixture last year. We dropped two points when we had arguably an easier opportunity to take the three. They came for a point and poor finishing cost us two

Apologies for the poor grammar, I started the reply by typing we have taken 3 pts from the last 3 seasons but there were too many 3's in there so changed it !  :D

In reality poor defending cost us 2 pts. Letting the ball bounce in your penalty area is always going to cost you at this level.

We are a different proposition this year but I would argue that Fergie's tactics reflected that and in a weird kind of way that's as good a compliment as putting on your most attacking line up.

Walk on ...........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:48 pm

Ive just watched the highlights on motd, and I really do think Kenny has decided on the players going down at every chance. And like I said during the match, why not?

Now dont get me wrong, im not advocating cheating, im just saying to get the results, and to get the decisions, we have to take the approach every other team takes, and that is, if you feel a touch on your leg, even if its just a brush, drop like you have been shot !

Its not great to see, it makes all the players look like fairies, but lets be honest here, how many times have we seen these kind of dives go against us? I think the Tottenham game decided it.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NorfolkRed » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:10 pm

just said on match of the day that an incident between suarez and evra that the ref didnt originallt see has been reported to the fa
NorfolkRed

Postby damjan193 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:30 pm

NorfolkRed wrote:just said on match of the day that an incident between suarez and evra that the ref didnt originallt see has been reported to the fa

How is it possible to be reported if the ref didn't see it??
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:31 pm

NorfolkRed wrote:just said on match of the day that an incident between suarez and evra that the ref didnt originallt see has been reported to the fa

Evra has accused Suarez of Racist comments :

Evra has tweeted tonight and accuses Suarez of saying a "certain" word 10 times (I think we all know which word.)

Evra has previously accused others of the same offence. He accused Steve Finnon and a steward at Chelsea. Both cases were looked into by the FA and dismissed.

I was at the game today and Evra went divvi after he and Suarez lined up for a corner. He wouldn't let it go and got a booking for his trouble. This came not long after they had a bit of a altercation with Suarez and Evra was injured and had to receive treatment.

Whatever was said it was clear that Evra was having a whinge and a whine all game and unsettled by the pressure being exerted on him.

He twittered and commented that the referee heard what Suarez said. I'm not sure about this as if Marriner had heard something he would have acted immediately and sent Suarez off.

Not defending Suarez by above comment as racism is not something you can defend. Just seeking to be fair and equitable and not jump to any conclusions.........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:20 am

And evra is a fooking nonce, also whatever suarez allgelly said to him I agree with him. The mange love giving it,but carnt take it. Ferguson your about to fall off your fooking perch,albit 10 years too late,you bitter T.WATC:p
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby tonyeh » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:48 am

Good second half and the only thing stopping Liverpool was a great performance from the 20 year old between the sticks for Utd. Really should have won that.

Nice to see Steven back.
tonyeh

Postby killerp » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:30 am

Don't know if it's just me but I found this a really slow & dull game to watch. Apart from a handful of chances & Stevie's moment of magic this was not a classic game.

No complaints about performances, 200% better than the Spurs game.
killerp

Postby maguskwt » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:11 am

I must say it was an opportunity lost... but not for the lack of trying. We would be ok with 1 pt if we didn't lose the 2 previous games. But now, we're starting to lag behind the top 4. Spurs got 2 games on us. Gerrard is still lacking match fitness and it showed. Good news is that we are improving and I trust Kenny to do the fine tuning and once we start to put together a winning streak, we will be in the mix.

Surprised to see Kenny only using one sub. Should'nt he have brought on Bellamy and Carroll, seeing we were putting in crosses?

Henderson played well, he sure has talent and looks promising, he just needs more intensity. It will only do him good training with Gerrard and being an understudy of him.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:32 am

I thought Bellamy's pace would have been useful last 20 minutes, he should have been used.

Henderson did well in the middle when he came on and it was Adam's best game.

Came away from the ground dissapointed though would probably have setlled for a draw beforehand, they didn't play their strongest team and I feel it was an opportunity missed.

Thought Skrtel and Enrique also did well and the first corner they had before the goal, on the opposite side, was a goal kick it clearly came off their player and I had a good view of it.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:57 am

an opportunity missed for me. that was easil the worst united team i've seen at anfield in years. they were garbage. came for a draw with zero ambition and got it. the most disappointing thing was we didn't create enough despite having the majority of possession.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games