LIVERPOOL VS MAN UNITED - 15 october 2011, ko: 12:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:44 pm

woof woof ! wrote:We should of won, we didn't, WHY ?

Lets face it , we weren't good enough.

Showed loads of perspiration and not much else.

Disappointed, the three points were there for the taking and we let them slip.

Good game for Stevie G but my MoM was Enrique.

I kind of agree, we still lack a bit of quality that would help us be more clinical, but De Gea had a good game
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:48 pm

Mancs where scared of us today with that line up and lets face it they fear no one as a rule. We where the better side and but for some last ditch defending and a good performance from De Gea we would have taken all 3 point I felt we deserved. That moment from Hernandez was their only real effort in the game and they took it. I thought Adam may get man of the match as he was terrific today but it was close with Gerrard considering his lay off and goal. All round very pleased and we just needed a break but it just didnt come.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:48 pm

It was basically clear the Mancs were playing for a draw or snatch a win at the end, first time I see fergie doing that.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:54 pm

burjennio wrote:Utd fans are all complaining that Charlie Adam dived in the lead up to the first goal. The replay shows Ferdinand catch his left foot clear as day and he was in a great position to shoot. WHY DO PEOPLE CHOOSE TO IGNORE THE BLATANTLY OBVIOUS :angry:

He may have gone down a bit easy but Ferdinand has admitted he did catch him. Don't see any discussion here other than what would have happened if Adam had tried to stay on his feet.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:11 pm

But it doesn't matter if he stayed on his feet Woof does it? we ended up scoring the freekick, so I don't think you will see discussions about that
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:29 pm

But if he stayed on his feet we may have not scored at all.

Ferdinand should have been off.  Clear as day, if that's a foul (which it was) It's a yellow card every time.  They got away with one again.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby andy_g » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:35 pm

i thought it was fairly evenly matched myself, in part thanks to ferguson's decision not to start with rooney, nani and hernandez. maybe if they had started they'd have caused us more problems. that said, i'm disappointed we didn't win. we had more chances then them the whole game and enough in the last 5 minutes to seal it. gerrard's ring-rustiness maybe let us down on a couple of occasions and if it had been downing, or suarez... or anybody... on the end of the last minute chance that (the otherwise excellent) skrtel put into orbit we'd probably be much happier now.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sgs » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:47 pm

We need a player with the dynamism and pace to unbalance teams. Could be on the right or left...
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby aCe' » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:22 pm

You know what.. That was a performance that will put the other top sides on notice. Regardless of the final score and the ManUtd starting lineup, I'm glad that Kenny decided to start the 11men he did rather than gamble like we did against Tottenham. We controlled the game, looked comfortable throughout, and by all accounts should have gotten the 3 points.

Looking at where we could have improved, I think that Kenny could have reacted a bit faster to the equaliser bringing on Carroll since we were obviously finding it much easier putting crosses in with Utd committing players forward. I also thought Kuyt could have made way for Bellamy who undoubtedly would have given Evra a hard time down the right flank and perhaps linked up with Suarez a bit more than Kuyt did...

Overall, a decent result and a good performance. Many will point to the fact that Utd rested their best players for the midweek CL game but I think if they had approached the game any different they would have lost
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:47 pm

Very disappointing result. Clearly Manure didn't play to win today but rather get a reasonable result and they got it quite comfertably. Seems the whole team panicked as soon as they got their 3 top players in and started defending deep again. Our midfield failed to control the game and the tempo was decided by Manure for most of the afternoon.

Bellamy should have been introduced to the game and maybe carrol. Kenny should have sensed the defensive mentality Manure came with and go for the kill.

Worrying point - Downing. Has yet to show ONE good game for us this season ,only spurts ,really not enough from a player of his caliber.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:56 pm

The Mancs didnt control the game and only one team wanted to win for an hour and until we scored. They came and took a point. I think its to our credit they showed us that much respect after 3 defeats at Anfield. They are a very good outfit United with riches in playing staff we can only aspire to at this point however our boys put in a real good shift this afternoon and where unlucky not to win the match. I can only point to Lucas who had a poor game today and Downing who again was dissapointing but that aside everyone put in a pretty good afternoons work against what is arguably the second best team in Europe.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:30 pm

id have taken a point before kick off but after 90 im disapointed we didnt take the three.
overall we were decent and were the better team and only for de gea we'd have won.
the difference stevie makes to us is unreal at times and he showed that again today.adam had a good game and hendo did well when he came on.
im sure the lads feel they should have won this and are probably gutted they didnt but that team is improving every game.
the purple one will be delighted heading home with a point knowing that he got lucky today.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red_guy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:40 pm

aCe' wrote:You know what.. That was a performance that will put the other top sides on notice. Regardless of the final score and the ManUtd starting lineup, I'm glad that Kenny decided to start the 11men he did rather than gamble like we did against Tottenham. We controlled the game, looked comfortable throughout, and by all accounts should have gotten the 3 points.

Looking at where we could have improved, I think that Kenny could have reacted a bit faster to the equaliser bringing on Carroll since we were obviously finding it much easier putting crosses in with Utd committing players forward. I also thought Kuyt could have made way for Bellamy who undoubtedly would have given Evra a hard time down the right flank and perhaps linked up with Suarez a bit more than Kuyt did...

Overall, a decent result and a good performance. Many will point to the fact that Utd rested their best players for the midweek CL game but I think if they had approached the game any different they would have lost

Agree. To be frank, i was expecting Bellamy to come in and give a boost to our attack. As usual, we didn't take our chances.
We definitely need flair, creative and pacey players in midfield (centre or wide). I was hoping a better performance from Downing but ......  :down:
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:40 pm

double post..
Last edited by red_guy on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:50 pm

It says a lot when Sir Andrex packs the defence and midfield and leaves his most potent players on the bench. Tired of losing at Anfield (like he has the last 3 years), Taggart got exactly what he came for....... a point.

The game was as flat as my first ever Girlfriend in the first half but came to life in the second. Suarez is a nightmare to play against and despite his tendency to go to ground all too easily the United players were increasingly agitated with him and frustrated with the referee who incidentally had a decent game.

The Mancs are used to getting it all their own way and and screamed like B****** every time Liverpool got near their penalty area. Evra and Ferdinand were at it all gane but what do you expect from players whose twilight is fast approaching and their game fading.

The aforementioned Suarez, Enrique, Adam and Stevie all had very good games. Kelly had Young in his pocket all game and Kuyt worked his sack off. Downing saw a lot of ball and Henderson nearly nicked it at the end. Carra had little to do but Skirtel was frustrating at times.

What does it say about how far we have come when Fergie puts Rooney in Midfield and a central defender (Jones) in front of his  other
central defenders to nullify the threat. What does it say when it is the Mancs who will have returned back up the M62 delighted with a  point after a defensive lapse from the Reds.

Highlight of the game for me .............The KOP singing "whose the Scouser in the Wig" to Rooney ! :laugh:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games