LIVERPOOL VS NEWCASTLE UNITED - 30th december 2011, 19:45gmt

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:57 pm

in all honesty i thought it was the same old stuff till gerrard came on.
its amazing and also sad to see the effect he has on our team.without him i doubt we would have won that tonight.
for a lad to come on with 30mins left and claim motm says it all really.
other than that skyrtel was next to deserve it,he was immense yet again and super goal line clearance from him to deny ba.
very happy we got the 3 points and to have stevie back where he should be,leading that side.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:00 pm

double:post,sorry :blush:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby KennyisGod....still » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:03 pm

watchin that tackle on Spearin.... awful
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:05 pm

Dundalk wrote:Special mention to Skertl. Only for him it would have been 2-2.

:nod

improved A LOT! been a rock this season
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:15 pm

NorfolkRed wrote:
neil wrote:Got a tenner on 3-1. Come on the redmen

looking good  :bowdown

oh yes  :D  dont say I didnt tell you guys.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:22 pm

Gerrard was amazing, Bellemy was amazing Skittles omg what a clearance much improved and by far Enrique
has to be bar none the best Lb in england thwe guy is fa-nominal what a player he never stops running can beat his man great delivery
anybody better than Andy would have bagged at least two from his balls into the box.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:24 pm

What has been said all along has been proven ,at least for Today. This team had one ingredient missing so far and that was Leadership. Now that our leader is back we should see a major shift in spirit ,determination and results.

We need our 2 biggest Winners in the Squad ,Gerrad and Bellamy ,healthy and playing and Future luck would turn for the good.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:28 pm

mistyred wrote:Gerrard was amazing, Bellemy was amazing Skittles omg what a clearance much improved and by far Enrique
has to be bar none the best Lb in england thwe guy is fa-nominal what a player he never stops running can beat his man great delivery
anybody better than Andy would have bagged at least two from his balls into the box.

Agree with everything except today was the first underpar performance I have seen from Enrique. Looked unusually nervous and wasteful. I suspect playing against his old side played a big part in distracting him.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:34 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
mistyred wrote:Gerrard was amazing, Bellemy was amazing Skittles omg what a clearance much improved and by far Enrique

Agree with everything except today was the first underpar performance I have seen from Enrique. Looked unusually nervous and wasteful. I suspect playing against his old side played a big part in distracting him.

Even today running down the wing he still looked better than downing, i just think the guy has real talent and never stops trying, did you see when he bombed down the left twice and put the ball across goal and Andy started moaning? i just couldn't believe it.

Carroll needs to check his timing and his movement, but i suppose he is no Fowler  :eyebrow
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tottenham Dave » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:41 pm

Thought you were pretty good tonight.

Gerrard coming back is huge for you (obviously).

One thing I would say though is it's a worry that you seem to have a lack of ball control within your ranks. The amount of misplaced passes, and balls bouncing off of the legs of receiving players needs to be fixed.

Good test for you's tonight, and you came though it relatively comfortably, so positive signs.

And regardless of all the doom and gloom, you are level on points with the Chavs, so it's not all bad.
Tottenham Dave

Postby eds » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:32 am

Great win, good to see our aging captain back and giving direction to our side.

On a negative note, Caroll was awful he is destined to be the most expensive flop at Anfield ever.

He moves like a behemoth, has the touch of a rapist and seems to be jogging around like he is playing in a Sunday local footy league.

Time to ship him out and spend some big bucks on someone that has the same energy and enthusiasm as little Luis.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:35 am

eds wrote:Great win, good to see our aging captain back and giving direction to our side.

On a negative note, Caroll was awful he is destined to be the most expensive flop at Anfield ever.

He moves like a behemoth, has the touch of a rapist and seems to be jogging around like he is playing in a Sunday local footy league.

Time to ship him out and spend some big bucks on someone that has the same energy and enthusiasm as little Luis.

I disagree totally with your negative point. Once Gerrard came on he seemed to understand what Carroll has been crying out for and provided him with excellent service. From then on Carroll got better and his header on the bar, although it didn't go in, gave him the realisation that finally a player is on the pitch that can cross a ball.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:41 am

Kharhaz wrote:
eds wrote:Great win, good to see our aging captain back and giving direction to our side.

I disagree totally with your negative point. Once Gerrard came on he seemed to understand what Carroll has been crying out for and provided him with excellent service. From then on Carroll got better and his header on the bar, although it didn't go in, gave him the realisation that finally a player is on the pitch that can cross a ball.

So we spent 35 million on a player that can do one thing, and one thing only. Wait for a perfect cross to come his way so he can have a decent ping.

FFS

:no  :no  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:44 am

eds wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

So we spent 35 million on a player that can do one thing, and one thing only. Wait for a perfect cross to come his way so he can have a decent ping.

FFS

:no  :no  :no

He never asked the club to spend that amount of money on him did he? We knew, and so did the club, what they were getting when we signed him. Which is a young, strong, tall center half. You cannot possibly blame Carrol for the fee we paid for him.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:44 am

gotta agree we saw a difrent Carroll 2nd half with Gerrard on the pitch, tho that first touch on the one ball in was fkn awful... its a sign of promise, hopefully one to be realised sooner rather than later. Desperately unlucky to hit the bar, just shows what a little confidence in gettin a good delivery can do. Was encouraged to see him barkin at Jose too, not summat he'd have done a few games back without that little bit of SG magic delivery potion workin. Could be the biggest 'transfer' this january is the return of the captain to both steady the ship and send it forward - and if Carroll can play a part in that then i'm happy to rasie a glass or two their way
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games