LIVERPOOL VS NEWCASTLE UNITED - 30th december 2011, 19:45gmt

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby eds » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:54 am

Kharhaz wrote:He never asked the club to spend that amount of money on him did he? We knew, and so did the club, what they were getting when we signed him. Which is a young, strong, tall center half. You cannot possibly blame Carrol for the fee we paid for him.

When have I ever said Carroll is blame for US spending 35 million on him. That makes no sense at all??

???  ???

I am blaming him on his inept performance today and what he has shown (outside of the City game earlier this year) for us since joining? Why rush to other conclusions mate?

If anything I am pointing the obvious he isn't good enough to play for our side no matter how much you W*nk over how young, beautiful and strong he is. He is s**t end of. He won't take us anywhere and we should never have gone near him in the first place (irrespective of his price tag).

This is the first time that I have ever criticised him as I for one have lost my patience with him, I am now reading that we are chasing Darren Bent (rumours, I know......pinch of salt) but if we were to get Bent God help us.....

:no  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:01 am

KennyisGod....still wrote:gotta agree we saw a difrent Carroll 2nd half with Gerrard on the pitch, tho that first touch on the one ball in was fkn awful... its a sign of promise, hopefully one to be realised sooner rather than later. Desperately unlucky to hit the bar, just shows what a little confidence in gettin a good delivery can do. Was encouraged to see him barkin at Jose too, not summat he'd have done a few games back without that little bit of SG magic delivery potion workin. Could be the biggest 'transfer' this january is the return of the captain to both steady the ship and send it forward - and if Carroll can play a part in that then i'm happy to rasie a glass or two their way

Caroll has one decent opportunity the whole game and smashes the woodwork. All of a sudden the months and months of him being woefully s**t disappear in a flash. Poof!

"He might be a good player afterall"?

"He has promise, give a few more chances"

Seriously I don't understand why five seconds changes your perspective on a player. Is it because you guys are locals and aren't seeing his flaws, which are clear as day? I want him to do well because he plays for Liverpool but this can't mask the fact that he has been f**king terrible up till now :no  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:01 am

Everytime Carroll is blamed you can guarantee his price tag is mentioned, especially when someone defends him, for proof, take a look at your post:

So we spent 35 million on a player that can do one thing, and one thing only. Wait for a perfect cross to come his way so he can have a decent ping.

I certainly didn't mention his price, only in response to your reply. I think Henderson and Adam were the main culprits last night, they were tripe.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:05 am

Just to clarify before the harpies descend, I am over the moon with 3 ponts.

Finally something that Manure couldn't do this season, beat Newcastle at home.

Gerrard's drive just shows how much we are crying our for a creative attacking midfielder or forward.

We just can't rely on him anymore, he has give up his career for our club and it will the saddest day in our history if he finishes up without a premier league title to his name. :(

eds

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:10 am

eds wrote:Just to clarify before the harpies descend, I am over the moon with 3 ponts.

Finally something that Manure couldn't do this season, beat Newcastle at home.

Gerrard's drive just shows how much we are crying our for a creative attacking midfielder or forward.

We just can't rely on him anymore, he has give up his career for our club and it will the saddest day in our history if he finishes up without a premier league title to his name. :(

We can still rely on him, time is not on his, or our, side though. But how do you replace a player like Gerrard? Talent like that is priceless.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:18 am

Kharhaz wrote:Everytime Carroll is blamed you can guarantee his price tag is mentioned, especially when someone defends him, for proof, take a look at your post:

So we spent 35 million on a player that can do one thing, and one thing only. Wait for a perfect cross to come his way so he can have a decent ping.

I certainly didn't mention his price, only in response to your reply. I think Henderson and Adam were the main culprits last night, they were tripe.

I think your confused on a few things. The reason his price tag is raised is more a veiled question at our management and purchasing decision making rather then the player. Thats the way I interpret this and when I read it from other people. How you can think I am insinuating that it's the players fault is beyond me? As this make no sense at all?

Sure Judas put us between a rock and hard place but Caroll was a panic buy, you can't argue any other way around this. I for one could never understood why we spent that money when it could have been used to bring a world class talent to the club like Suarez.

I also agree on Henderson and Adam but I was slated BACK IN JUNE / JULY when they were brought in. They were never going to be players that would move the club forward. I wasn't the only one asking, why spend 20 million strengthing our CM on a youth when we had not even sorted out our wingers and forwards?? Once AGAIN not slating the player, asking questions on our purchasing logic.

eds

Postby Dalglish » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:21 am

mistyred wrote:Gerrard was amazing, Bellemy was amazing Skittles omg what a clearance much improved and by far Enrique
has to be bar none the best Lb in england thwe guy is fa-nominal what a player he never stops running can beat his man great delivery
anybody better than Andy would have bagged at least two from his balls into the box.

WHAT HE SAID !  :D

Been to the game tonight and had a spare so took my 7 year old son (well it is Christmas after all ! ).

That is 4 games the lads been since he went for the first time last year and LFC have won every one !  :)

Stevie G returns and we realise in 30 minutes what this team have been missing this season. Passion, precision and poise delivered with aplomb. If Adam, Downing and Carroll had half his talent we would have a lot more pts than we currently have.

Walk on and all the best for 2012 :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:25 am

eds wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Everytime Carroll is blamed you can guarantee his price tag is mentioned, especially when someone defends him, for proof, take a look at your post:

I think your confused on a few things. The reason his price tag is raised is more a veiled question at our management and purchasing decision making rather then the player. Thats the way I interpret this and when I read it from other people. How you can think I am insinuating that it's the players fault is beyond me? As this make no sense at all?

Sure Judas put us between a rock and hard place but Caroll was a panic buy, you can't argue any other way around this. I for one could never understood why we spent that money when it could have been used to bring a world class talent to the club like Suarez.

I also agree on Henderson and Adam but I was slated BACK IN JUNE / JULY when they were brought in. They were never going to be players that would move the club forward. I wasn't the only one asking, why spend 20 million strengthing our CM on a youth when we had not even sorted out our wingers and forwards?? Once AGAIN not slating the player, asking questions on our purchasing logic.

Fair enough fella. As Dalglish points out in the post previous, I think we have found what we have been missing !
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:38 am

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:08 am

I'm chuffed about the 3 points. I know I wouldn't watch another game this season but I guess I'm a lier. :D
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:25 am

Well chuffed with the result and it was nice to come from behind to win again which is not something the lads have been able to do the last couple of years. Have to agree with Kenny when he said the lads had created more chances in several previous home games only to come away with a point each time. Was very impressed with Bellamy once again and I really hope he starts the next one against City. He must be a horrible little bugger to play against! Such a revelation having Stevie back and you could see why they gave him the man of the match award because he was different class to everyone else on the pitch. He brings so much urgency to our play and made a massive difference. I'm desperate to see a fully fit and firing Gerrard playing alongside Suarez but unfortunately we will probably have to wait until March. I actually thought Downing did ok tonight, he saw a lot of the ball and made some things happen but I do have to question playing a right footer on the left and vice versa when we've got big Andy in the box looking for crosses. He looked a lot more dangerous once Gerrard came on and fizzed in 3 beauties in the space of 15 minutes. I thought Spearing played well tonight but was dissapointed with both Hendo and Adam prior to Gerrard's introduction. Dirk looked bright when he came on but I was dissapointed with Carroll again tonight.

All in all a great way to sign off the year and better still the lads can get a decent rest ahead of the City game.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:04 am

Great performance especially by bellamy, and the legend that is stevie-g, Carroll's still sh.ite though
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:14 am

Bellamy and Enrique are top nominees for player of the season. delighted to have them with us! :)
maypaxvobiscum

Postby laza » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:31 am

Well made up , great way to end 2011 and let hope 2012 continues in the same way

Highlight for me and full credit to him as I havent been his biggest fan for last couple of seasons was Skrtel goal line clearance
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:51 am

Just showed the difference Gerrard makes, his goal was typical of what we have missed, someone making a positive run from midfield.
Bellamy was excellent, gives us so much when he plays and needs to start more.

Pardew's after match comments...."we had control of the match"?

Kenny , we still need a striker and an attacking midfielder.

Carroll was unlucky with the one that hit the bar from a great Gerrard cross, others need to take note of the quality of that delivery.
I like the way Spearing gets stuck in.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games