LIVERPOOL vs Newcastle - Sun 11 May 2014 - KO 3pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun May 11, 2014 5:59 pm

woof woof ! » Sun May 11, 2014 4:46 pm wrote:Last game of the season, let's face it the title was already gone but I thought we'd at least  put on a show for the fans.

Thought we were Sh*t and have serious questions about our future progress now that even ***** teams have sussed how to stifle us.

Agreed. The past 3 games have been horrible.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 11, 2014 6:28 pm

Unbelievable season and the lads pushed City all the way ,whilst playing some of the most elegant and beautiful football I have seen for
some considerable time.....Next season the serious stuff kicks off as European nights return to Anfield ,so we need to add some quality
players who will substantially improve our defence and marshmallow middle.

Well Done lads for giving the fans the platform next season to prove why we're the best and most classiest in world football.

:buttrock  :buttrock

YNWA
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun May 11, 2014 6:30 pm

ethanr » Sun May 11, 2014 4:06 pm wrote:Gerrard's kids are both wearing new Suarez jerseys  :laugh:

???  ???

Gerrard has 3 daughters.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby devaney » Sun May 11, 2014 7:25 pm

If somebody had told me at the beginning of the season that I was going to be disappointed that we came second I would have called for the men with the white coats !! Great season lads. Some truly wonderful performances that were littered with magical football. Next season can be even better if we get things right in the summer. Well done Brendan.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sun May 11, 2014 11:12 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Sun May 11, 2014 9:30 am wrote:
ethanr » Sun May 11, 2014 4:06 pm wrote:Gerrard's kids are both wearing new Suarez jerseys  :laugh:

???  ???

Gerrard has 3 daughters.

I thought he had 2 boys and a girl.. poor guy!

Must have been somebody else's kids then. They were with him. Maybe his relatives.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby killerp » Mon May 12, 2014 7:14 am

Poor finish with the team visibly done with this season as this game got underway.

Rodgers has to build a solid defensive spine into his team and remove the deadwood to build on this season.

My hat off to everyone who made this season possible, I'm devastated we didn't win but proud of the achievements we have made with a core of English players.

Reinforce, rebuild, then we go again....  :buttrock
killerp

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 12, 2014 4:12 pm

killerp » Mon May 12, 2014 6:14 am wrote:Poor finish with the team visibly done with this season as this game got underway.

Rodgers has to build a solid defensive spine into his team and remove the deadwood to build on this season.

My hat off to everyone who made this season possible, I'm devastated we didn't win but proud of the achievements we have made with a core of English players.

Reinforce, rebuild, then we go again....  :buttrock

We certainly looked a pale shadow of the team that was trouncing everyone earlier on in the season, for our pressing game to work you need everyone working hard and pulling in the same direction (i.e closing down players, hunting in packs and backing each other up) but even with both Hendo and Allen in the side Newcastle almost took the p1$$ out of us at times.
Whenever we tried to press them they always had an out ball which suggests our players weren't backing each other up.
Wether that was down to tiredness, lazyness or the players were just mentally shot because they knew deep down City weren't going to blow it I'm not sure.
The thing is when you have certain players only putting in half a shift then your better off not pressing at all, your better off just falling back into a solid defensive shape, having only half your team pressing just opens up gaps for the opposition to exploit and I think that's what happened yesterday, we just got caught between two stools, certain players wanted to press (Hendo, Allen) but others couldn't be @rsed.
We looked like a team on its last legs but I'm sure a summers rest and 3 or 4 new recruits who can walk into the starting XI will freshen us up.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Mon May 12, 2014 5:31 pm

Gutted ...so close when it came down to it the newcastle game didnt matter neither did the palace game...will NEVER forget that T*ss*r Mourinhos celebration at Anfield - sickening
Also the amount of songs bein sung about Stevie G around the grounds about that slip - INFURIATING!!!  :censored:
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon May 12, 2014 8:36 pm

Mikz just enjoy the fact that we came 2nd and ahead of Bourinho who I have never liked but now actually loathe. His behaviour at Anfield was quite pathetic. I've enjoyed a lot of our games this season but I haven't enjoyed any game more than when the brilliant Athletico dumped Chelsea out of the CL. Abramovich's millions have actually failed to buy them any trophies this season which is a good thing for football. Chelsea are a thoroughly horrible soulless football club with the worst fans in sport and I include all sport.

Pellegrini is a class act. Bourinho is a clown albeit an annoyingly rich one  :(
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Tue May 13, 2014 6:04 pm

Totally agree Devaney...the things Mourinho comes out with are pathetic , i can't BELIEVE he gets away with it. And i also loved the athletico game , i didnt hear anyone comment on his genius then, seems they pick and choose when to call him that.
Agree about pelligrini too , he didnt bite at any of mouinhos mind games and  continued on , they are going to be a hard act to follow with him at the fore , but i have faith in Brendan YNWA
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Wed May 14, 2014 10:18 am

thing is with Man city... Pellegrini could in the dole queue at anytime during a season. Only takes a few bad results and the questions will be asked and boom... he'll be gone.
At least at Liverpool we have some stability now, Brendan could be here for a long long time and on current form I hope he is!
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games