LIVERPOOL VS NAPOLI - 4 november 2010, ko: 20:05

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby laza » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:04 am

metalhead wrote:Thank you Dossenna for gifting us 2 goals tonight!!! utter cr@p that player :laugh:

Yes Agent Dossenna belately earns his Liverpool wages :)

Well in lads, end of day we got the result
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:22 am

A game of two halves, what a difference a world class player makes.

We were terrible first half.  Poulsen's back header may have led to their goal, but Johnson was equally to blame standing 3 yards behind the rest of the defence and playing Lavezzi on.

Gerrard injected some belief into the team and basically ran the show single handedly.  I've always argued in the past that it's a farce when we're labelled a one or two man team, but we were such a one man team tonight it was ridiculous.  Don't get me wrong I'm delighted we won, but Gerrard deserves to be playing with a better team around him after all his years of service.

The more I see of Meireles the less convinced I am. Granted he's being played out of position, but his end product has been non existent so far for an offensive midfielder.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:24 am

john craig wrote:A game of two halves, what a difference a world class player makes.

We were terrible first half.  Poulsen's back header may have led to their goal, but Johnson was equally to blame standing 3 yards behind the rest of the defence and playing Lavezzi on.

Gerrard injected some belief into the team and basically ran the show single handedly.  I've always argued in the past that it's a farce when we're labelled a one or two man team, but we were such a one man team tonight it was ridiculous.  Don't get me wrong I'm delighted we won, but Gerrard deserves to be playing with a better team around him after all his years of service.

The more I see of Meireles the less convinced I am. Granted he's being played out of position, but his end product has been non existent so far for an offensive midfielder.

I have to echo the Meireles statement, he's showing less and less as time goes by and is not as good a player as I thought he was going to be.  Maybe he still isn't playing his best but I'm not convinced, he's no better than Lucas atm to be honest.
Zidane

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:26 am

john craig wrote:A game of two halves, what a difference a world class player makes.

It doesn't matter if Johnson is playing Lavezzi, even if Lavezzi was in an offside position it would have been a goal, because Poulsen played the ball not a Napoli player
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:29 am

metalhead wrote:

It doesn't matter if Johnson is playing Lavezzi, even if Lavezzi was in an offside position it would have been a goal, because Poulsen played the ball not a Napoli player

Watch it again mate, Poulsen headed it, then their midfielder headed it through to Lavezzi.  It wasn't Poulsen's assist, even though he played a big part in it!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:31 am

john craig wrote:Watch it again mate, Poulsen headed it, then their midfielder headed it through to Lavezzi.  It wasn't Poulsen's assist, even though he played a big part in it!

was it? anyone has a link to the goal? I saw poulsen heading it directly to Lavezzi....
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:33 am

Ok.. yeh.. your right mate.. my bad

Lavezzi goal
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:35 am

Well done Roy and the players. Credit were its due.
A fair performance first half. Much better second.
Onward and upward
:D
Thommo's perm

Postby JC_81 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:35 am

metalhead wrote:Ok.. yeh.. your right mate.. my bad

Lavezzi goal

Good finish by Lavezzi though I thought.  As a striker (albeit at a much, much lower level than these guys), these are the hardest ones to put away, the ones you have time to think about one-on-one with the keeper.  He made it look so easy.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:37 am

bavlondon wrote:Fk me NGog is lcky he was walking off on his own 2 feet. Bad bad tackle that.

Shocking should have been a straight red and the linesman behind didnt even flag.

AGAIN why do Uefa refuse the tv official in the stands?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:38 am

john craig wrote:
metalhead wrote:Ok.. yeh.. your right mate.. my bad

Lavezzi goal

Good finish by Lavezzi though I thought.  As a striker (albeit at a much, much lower level than these guys), these are the hardest ones to put away, the ones you have time to think about one-on-one with the keeper.  He made it look so easy.

I thought he was decent today, compared to the last game against us, gave us problems in the first half, looked good on the ball, showed some ability and great passes as well. There was one that he took the ball and gave a lob pass to Cavani in the first half, was really nice I thought. We were linked with him in the past, but I don't think he is physical enough to make it here. Good goal too.. I agree
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:42 am

anti-hero wrote:
burjennio wrote:Can you see 4 6 0  catching on now?

:laugh:

:bowdown

Napoli must have asked in the changing room, 'we were winning 1-0, they took their only attacker off, they had 6 CM's on and they scored 3 goals in fifhteen minutes?'

Manager takes to the bottle.  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:53 am

Shelvey played well but how would he fare against mature players from Chelsea or Ure? Still too early.

Ecclestone seems to have the right attitiude though unfortunately didnt see too much of hime tonight, but what i did see looked good.

Spearing, a photocopy of Danny Murphy. Problem is I never really liked Murphy. Had a cr@p first half like everyone else and only perked up once Stevie upped teh tempo. Needs to play his own game and not get bogged down.

The Greek - good game, well done mate, ditto our mate Pepe.

The rest - take'em out back and shoot'em.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:58 am

All hail Stevie G turned the game on its head by injecting a bit of passion .... without him it would have been another inept display
with little potency in attack .... Captain Marvel yet again
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:49 am

Reg wrote:Shocking should have been a straight red and the linesman behind didnt even flag.

AGAIN why do Uefa refuse the tv official in the stands?

Yeah just saw the tackle on highlights , looks an absolute shocker
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games