LIVERPOOL Vs Napoli 8pm 11 Dec

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:36 pm

Make or break for our CL campaign and I've got a ticket for this one  :buttrock

Think we need to go all-in and give these Italians the full, heavy metal football treatment and blow them away with a 3-0 win.  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:13 pm

Should be a cracking night. We need to be on our A game !!

Just in case anybody (like me) is confused this might help: https://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/uefa-ch ... 2w4z94bqif

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:07 pm

Alisson

AA
Lovren ( if fit )
VVD
Robbo

Fabinho
Henderson
Keita

Salah
Firmino
Mane
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:45 pm

Huge game, and I don't agree with what was discussed in a different thread, about losing this match and not going through. We need to keep the momentum and keep winning. If we are to get knocked out, I'd rather see us go out in the knock-out stage. However, I do think we'll play with a little less pressure because of our recent success in the league, which should be a bit of a boost.

As for this game, it's going to be a tough ask to win it at all, never mind by a margin, we all know that. But big clubs win big tough games, and we are a big club.

What I wonder is what we'll aim at. I'm pretty sure that Napoli, given the fact they're playing away and they only need a draw, might make the easy decision and not risk it, sit back for the most part, wait for the counter. What's going to be our plan though? Should we go for the 1 goal and then hope we don't concede, or go for the sure thing and try to score 3, which will make us more vulnerable at the back. Personally, I can see Napoli scoring with Gomez missing, but I can't see them scoring more than one. IMO, I think we'll go for the 3 goals.

I would prefer the same line-up as against Bournemouth, with only Mane coming in instead of Shaqiri, who can be an impact sub,

but this is what I THINK we'll play, unfortunately:

Alisson

TAA            Matip      van Dijk           Robertson

Henderson

Milner                 Keita

Salah                              Mane
                                            Firmino
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:36 pm

This will be a real test for for Liverpool...We didn't win against a big club for quite sometime now..I don't have a good feeling but that means will batter them..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:10 pm

Huge games coming up so unsure of who Klopp will field. Napoli on Tues and then Maureens bus on the weekend.

I think Klopp will field the side damjan has posted.

Going to be tough as ever however given the night and the occasion i think we will do it.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:50 pm

If we play Henderson and Milner in MF we will get overrun  (see PSG game) and likely lose.
In such a big game I might be tempted to keep MIlner at RB - experience will really be needed on a big night like this.

I would have    Fabinho, Wijnaldum sitting/ holding and Keita just ahead of them
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:29 pm

They won 4-0 as well this weekend, though against inferior opposition. Point is, they'll be confident of scoring too.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby eds » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:02 am

Let's show a little more positivity lads, top of the league and we are being pessimistic at home to this lot?!?

Go all out against them in the first 20 minutes with the crowd noise scaring them senseless, they will concede, it will only be a matter of time.

Once they go down 1-0 wait for them to attack and smash them on the counter as their defenders are slow.

If we score early, I can easily see this becoming a 4-0 or 5-0 rout.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:05 am

Well let's just put it this way. Qualification is very much still within our hands. If we don't qualify, we don't deserve it...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:41 am

:Oo:
Against a team managed by Ancelotti?
eds » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:02 am wrote:Let's show a little more positivity lads, top of the league and we are being pessimistic at home to this lot?!?

Go all out against them in the first 20 minutes with the crowd noise scaring them senseless, they will concede, it will only be a matter of time.

Once they go down 1-0 wait for them to attack and smash them on the counter as their defenders are slow.

If we score early, I can easily see this becoming a 4-0 or 5-0 rout.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:50 am

Lets go for blood then roll into the Manc game on sat'dee.  Full team knowing we also have a strong bench.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:48 pm

damjan193 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:45 pm wrote:Huge game, and I don't agree with what was discussed in a different thread, about losing this match and not going through. We need to keep the momentum and keep winning. If we are to get knocked out, I'd rather see us go out in the knock-out stage. However, I do think we'll play with a little less pressure because of our recent success in the league, which should be a bit of a boost.

As for this game, it's going to be a tough ask to win it at all, never mind by a margin, we all know that. But big clubs win big tough games, and we are a big club.

What I wonder is what we'll aim at. I'm pretty sure that Napoli, given the fact they're playing away and they only need a draw, might make the easy decision and not risk it, sit back for the most part, wait for the counter. What's going to be our plan though? Should we go for the 1 goal and then hope we don't concede, or go for the sure thing and try to score 3, which will make us more vulnerable at the back. Personally, I can see Napoli scoring with Gomez missing, but I can't see them scoring more than one. IMO, I think we'll go for the 3 goals.

I would prefer the same line-up as against Bournemouth, with only Mane coming in instead of Shaqiri, who can be an impact sub,

but this is what I THINK we'll play, unfortunately:

Alisson

TAA            Matip      van Dijk           Robertson

Henderson

Milner                 Keita

Salah                              Mane
                                            Firmino

My thoughts exactly mate.  Yakka we’re going to have to agree to disagree. I am as desperate as you to win the league. I’ve supported Liverpool since the mid sixties and I actually got bored with the success during the Shankly and Paisley years - ok that was a bit tongue in cheek !! I fully understand what you are saying but I also think it would be dangerous to put all our eggs in one basket. After tomorrow night our next CL game won’t be until mid February and I’d much rather we were still in the CL last 16 and if we feel the need to make desperate decisions to increase our chances of winning the title then mid February would be the time. Let’s face it if City are 6 points ahead of us by mid Feb I would be utterly disgusted if our awful away displays to Red Star and Napoli had been the key reasons for us not getting through to the knock out stages.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:37 pm

Pre match press conference

https://youtu.be/mYdXSHU90hs
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:58 am

We need to make up for that Sh*t we served up in Naples and make sure their ears are still ringing with chants of YNWA on Wednesday morning.

I too am a little worried about us spreading ourselves too thin competing on two fronts, but we can’t just sacrifice Europe...we have unfinished business from last season.
Franky000

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games