Napoli V's Liverpool CL 07.09.22 KO @ 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:59 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:56 pm wrote:That was just so bad it's criminal.  Ever since Salah lost form in January it has exposed just how average some of our players are.

All of them bar Elliot were shyte. Klopp picking Milner???
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Welshwizard » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:03 pm

Nunez hasn’t even started yet needs few games to play on the bounce jota coming back from a lay off Thiago is a boost to come back in let’s hope he stays fit for a while. Salah needs a spark to
Ignite his game Elliott is growing but I’m sure it will settle down it’s been a weird start with players injured and main players not firing
Welshwizard
LFC Basic Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:35 pm

The way we've been so successful is by out running teams, playing that heavy metal football. We would suffocate teams and block any outlets so other teams struggle to play out of the back. We brought In Thiago and slightly adapted the way we play to benefit him.. then we've brought in Elliott who is a fantastic young player, but he's not physical enough for the way we've played over the years.

We are being out muscled every game in the most important part of the field. Players like Thiago and Elliott are not pressing midfielders they are luxury/finesse players. I think you could play one but not 2 in the same game.

Milners legs have gone, Hendos injured, Authur is gonna be too slow to play the pressing game.. its a mess that should have been delt with in the transfer window.

As much as Naby has let every one down... one thing he's good at is winning the ball back, and setting traps.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:02 pm

Amazing we play ***** and there’s double the usual number of match posts for which Santa is usually responsible for most of those. Not sure what that actually tells me ??
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:25 pm

Awful result. I didn't see the game but reports are damming.

Klopp will sort it out. But Gomez and Milner need to be dropped, and Mo needs to get his head together.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:02 am

7_Kewell » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:25 pm wrote:Awful result. I didn't see the game but reports are damming.

Klopp will sort it out. But Gomez and Milner need to be dropped, and Mo needs to get his head together.

Some big decisions need to be made imo, some of them involving genuine club legends.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:09 am

Klopp said we 'need to reinvent ourselves" after the game.

That's a big statement. Changes incoming.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:11 am

Klopps interview wasn't great at all. Some mumbling about reinventing ourselves. At least Robbo isn't afraid to say how shyte we were.

We cannot continue trying to play like we are with a high line, high press with players that can't do it anymore. We are getting ripped out of it everytime we lose it high up. Gomez got hooked at HT like it was his fault but truth is that he was left exposed by Trent far to often. I'm not saying he didn't deserve it because he did but trent should have been hooked as well. He has way to many shyte days for my liking and has a world class tag that he doesn't deserve. Firmino is back to being poor again and has the pace of a 60 year old. The amount of short passes he lays off as well is staggering. Milner is just an embarrassment and the fact that he gets so many minutes couldn't be good for moral. His team mates see what we see but somehow klopp is blind to it. He should have been gone 2 years ago. Fabinho looks wrecked or just couldn't be arsed.  Diaz was our best player but twists himself in knots more often than not. Salah isn't justifying that wage increase either and needs to sharpen the fook up.

The subs didn't have the impact we needed and although they did help us dominate possession I can't help but think it was partly due to them taking their foot off the gas. Thiago played well and showed just how important he is to us but that just leaves us in fear he won't last. Not being harsh on that melo lad either but he looks so slow and like a player his club doesn't want. Not sure he is going to be much use to us if we want to play with pace. You wouldn't even know jota came on in fairness. I know he couldn't be match fit but this imo is a big year for him to prove he is good enough to be a regular starter. Nunez all over the shop as well but it is difficult coming on in a game like that.

At least we will have better options for the weekend. Things need to improve and enough of the not showing up. We have had a few wake up calls already but still managed to fall asleep out there tonight.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:17 am

bunglemark2 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:59 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:56 pm wrote:That was just so bad it's criminal.  Ever since Salah lost form in January it has exposed just how average some of our players are.

All of them bar Elliot were shyte. Klopp picking Milner???

Yeah not sure why he keeps picking him when he clearly isn't able for this level of football and hasn't been for a good 2 years now.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:39 am

Firstly, props to Napoli they were superb and tore us apart. Scoreline could've been a lot more than what it was.
We were poor, too many mistakes all over the pitch. Collectively a lot of the lads are underperforming. Klopp has got one hell of a job to do this season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:18 am

Hate to say it because he is probably the best CB I’ve seen in all my years supporting us (certainly the most complete CB anyway) but Virgil’s position should come under scrutiny as well.
Yesterdays game definitely had a Watford type watershed moment feel about it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:54 am

I said it before Gomez lost his place last time and I'll say it again. He is NOT lfc material and never been....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:23 pm

Sundays!  We have God Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:38 pm

I've been saying for a while now that our style/tactics need to be reviewed.
For a couple of seasons our "Gung Ho" high intensity attacking football has been an absolute joy to watch and has brought us many rewards, accolades and respect.

It's been f*cking brilliant and some of the best football I've ever seen.

BUT !

Teams have now sussed our style of play and combined with their understanding of what to expect from Liverpool and what seems to be a fatigue affecting many of our squad, we are there for the taking.

The Boss is right when he says "We have to re-invent ourselves", but given his "heavy metal" philosophy I'm not sure how he will approach this transition.

I'm old school, for me you lay a foundation and build from the back , in other words give yourself a back four that is almost water proof. Yeah will love it if a full back can suddenly spring forward in attack but not bothered when defensively they just hoof the f*cking ball up field and let the oppo start again.

Allied to that I'd have in mid field  a couple of  "hard nuts" who will not f*ck around , just win the ball and lay it off to a play maker or through to our forwards.

:wwww

What the f*ck do I know ?  :down:

I'm off again to play football manager  :) 
(like to think some of what i said made sense  ? )

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:59 pm

I think with the short options in midfield and Matip just coming back maybe we should try a 5-2-2-1 formation? Gomez had a stinker vs Napoli and struggled in his 1v1 battles.. he struggles in 1v1 situations, but in a 3 I think he will excel with his pace to cover the other 2.

Obviously have Thiago and Fab in Midfield.. Trent and Robbo will benefit largely as they'll be able to push up abit more than usual without the added pressure of having to chase back on counter attacks.

With Robbo and Trent playing higher that would help Diaz and Salah massively aswell. The front 3 will be closer together and would be able to form a better understanding of each other.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games