Liverpool vs manchester united - Fa cup

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Proud of the lads today.  They played with a lot of heart after Webb put them under the cosh from the first minute.  I liked Kenny's substitutions as well: it was a brave decision to bring on Shelvey but Merieles was struggling and we needed someone to inject a bit of life into the midfield battle.  The kid did that pretty well.  I also thought Babel looked lively when he came on.  Fair dos for taking Torres off as well: he looked sluggish and we needed some fresher legs.  It also made it clear that Torres will need to work hard if he wants to stay on the pitch.

I'm disappointed we're out of another cup but I think there were a fair number of positives to take away from today in terms of the lads' performance.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:31 pm

Howard Webb :no

to be fair we didn't do much in the second half and Mancs should have got a couple of goals if it wasn't for Reina.

Some of our players are just :censored: and we need to get rid.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:31 pm

lakes10 wrote:
red till i die!! wrote:
lakes10 wrote:Lucas has the worse passing rate in this game then its Kuyt, but to be fair to Kuyt he has had the ball a lot more that Lucas.

both are as bad,they are getting ripped everytime and jogging after their man when they do.
2 seriously sluggish players

says that Lucas had 8 good and 16 missed, that seems a lot, not sure that stat can be right.

the passing stats are poor because utd pressed so high up the pitch when we went down to 10 men, no one got a second on the ball and when your a man short it makes a short passing game so much more difficult
burjennio

Postby only me » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:31 pm

Zidane wrote:Instead of criticizing the players out there working their tails off all match long (Lucas/Kuyt) criticize our captain for getting sent off, ffs we were down a man for about 60 minutes of the match and Lucas and Kuyt are our hardest working players what do you expect.

I agree i commend them for their hard work. But if it is allowed by you then No, hard workers won't cut any more, Hard work is building a road in the middle The Sahara desert. Get over it and let's get over those players. Today's game wasn't a particular bad performance by either Kuyt or Lucas ,just let them go their time is over.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Er.. guys I thought it was a poor performance apart from the first part of the first half until the sending off.  The red card changed the game.

but lets get a win against everton next week :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:33 pm

Gutted, we did look a little better today, HOWEVER youd expect that vs Scum.

Got to say if anyone else had brought Shelvey and Ngog on for Miereles and Torres they would have been crucified on here, especially the Torres sub, it should have been Kuyt off, he could barely walk.
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:33 pm

The big difference I saw today was running - we didn't do enough under Roy and it showed today when we were asked to.  These players need to get match fit.  Not Roy match fit, Kenny match fit....going down to ten didn't help, proud of the Reds today.  0-0 as far as I can see.  YNWA
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby burjennio » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:33 pm

WE WILL BEAT BLACKPOOL :D
burjennio

Postby Fauxy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:34 pm

Berbatov = worst liar ever.

Looked like a rack of nerves when he was asked if it was a penalty. He knows he cheated the c.unt
Fauxy

Postby Calum » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:34 pm

Like Chiles said, Berbatov did a "Gillian McKeith" to win the match.
Calum

Postby Redman in wales » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:34 pm

gerrard out for bitters game
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:35 pm

performance was far better, it was IMHO more than just new manager syndrome, even Babel managed to find his nuts and try. Webb was their mom as usual.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:35 pm

burjennio wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
red till i die!! wrote:
lakes10 wrote:Lucas has the worse passing rate in this game then its Kuyt, but to be fair to Kuyt he has had the ball a lot more that Lucas.

both are as bad,they are getting ripped everytime and jogging after their man when they do.
2 seriously sluggish players

says that Lucas had 8 good and 16 missed, that seems a lot, not sure that stat can be right.

the passing stats are poor because utd pressed so high up the pitch when we went down to 10 men, no one got a second on the ball and when your a man short it makes a short passing game so much more difficult

:nod

It's important not to evaluate this game by the usual barometers such as passing stats.  Going a man short--especially a dynamic a player as the skipper--makes it a massive slog for everyone else.  Lucas and Kuyt ran themselves into the ground today to keep the shape and prevent United from getting through (which they did quite well apart from that one flourish off a corner where Reina came up trumps with 5 straight saves).  Without the extra man in midfield the passing possibilities are limited and the stats get blown to hell.  Just accept that the lads did well under really difficult circumstances and move on.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:35 pm

Ran out of steam toward the end. Man U kept the ball very well and we struggled to get it back for long periods, and when we did get it back, failed to hold it up for long enough or find an outlet in attack. But a goal down, with ten at OT and with our lack of quality....what do you expect. Disgusted by the ref.
LFC2007

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:35 pm

Redman in wales wrote:gerrard out for bitters game

Thank you Webb :(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games