LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER CITY - Semi final 2nd leg Weds 25/01/2012

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby dundreamin » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:03 am

Put shelvey in to hold it in midfield, then let stevie run rampant. Was very negative yesterday. But gota feeling we gona do them tonight.YNWA
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:10 am

stmichael wrote:
RedSi35 wrote:Hopefully spearing will be fit, think he has progressed well prior to his injury.

if he's not fit i wouldn't be surprised if we go 3 at the back. we're asking for trouble playing without a recognised defensive midfielder, especially with silva's ability to play in between the lines.

I agree, it's vital we control Silva, if we don't we are going to struggle I feel.
He is the kind of player we need and we cannot let him control the game.

I wouldn't be surprised if Carra, Skrtel and Agger all play tonight.

After the last game we need Carra's spirit and leadership.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:10 am

I'm disgusted it's not been shown by BBC. fuking Sky sports 1.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:31 am

2-1 to us I reckon. What an acheivment it will be, 1st season back for Kenny and a final at Wemberrrly.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:24 am

Roger Red Hat wrote:I'm disgusted it's not been shown by BBC. fuking Sky sports 1.

Must be part of an agreement between BBC and SKY, each showing 1 of the semi final games.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:06 pm

0-0 Reds go thru, Citeh focus on the league.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:18 pm

stmichael wrote:i just hope we don't try and sit on what we have or we'll be asking for trouble.

Me too, 1-0 isn't all that great for us. Do you push for the win and maybe concede a goal? Do you sit back and maybe lose because you aren't adventerous enough?

For Man City the tactics are easy. Score one, then score another. If they do that, they are almost certainly through.

We've got to treat it as 0-0 and go from there I think.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:28 pm

I don't think we can plan to draw 0-0 and go through. Look what happened against Stoke - dire football. If we play dire football again the like of Man City we'll get demolished.

Play carefully sure but also have some sort of attacking philosophy. I would be entirely happy with a counter-attack philosophy.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:00 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Errrrr....if we DO win (and I reckon that's about as likely as my hair growing back !) that means the Merseyside derby will be rearranged....meaning my flight is money down the pan.....though the ticket will be still valid for the rearranged game.....
I don't know which result I want  ???

If your hair grows back, let us know  :D

I don't think we'll be going for a 0-0 tonight. Stevie G hinted as much in the post-match interview after the first game. Something about hoping we can play nice football in the home leg. I predict a weird one.

Liverpool 3-0 Mancs  :buttrock
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:38 pm

redant - if the score is 3-0 to LFC, on the night,  I will post a semi nude photo of my mates wife on here in the fit bird thread
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:50 pm

bit fed up with fans on another site as they are say they hope we got down 0-5 so we get a new manager.

think its going to ba a very tight game but i see them getting a goal in the first half and we will end up getting the winner in the 89th min
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:52 pm

lakes10 wrote:bit fed up with fans on another site as they are say they hope we got down 0-5 so we get a new manager.

think its going to ba a very tight game but i see them getting a goal in the first half and we will end up getting the winner in the 89th min

I don't think we're scored a last minute goal in years.....hang on......we haven't scored A goal in years  :D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:57 pm

lakes10 wrote:bit fed up with fans on another site as they are say they hope we got down 0-5 so we get a new manager.

Hmmm, these fans (if you can call them that) must be crazy. LFC to win always. KK will get it right. He has a lot to do still and any new manager would have exactly the same mess to sort out.

Yes, some of the players brought in haven't come up to scratch, but let's see how it is at the end of the season and go from there.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:10 pm

heard of what that numpty Barry has said?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:13 pm

I'd be more worried if we played against Bolton again. I'm guessing this will be a boring 0-0 match.
mart
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games