LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER CITY - Premiership 21-11-09

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby stmichael » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:35 pm

CTID wrote:On paper our starting 11 is better than yours IMO. Only Gerrard and Torres would be guaranteed of a place in our team.

Absolute drivel.

Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Mascherano, and even Reina would walk into your side. I don't rate any of your defence and although I rate Given, Reina is the best in the League imo. Kuyt and Benayoun are both more productive than SWP.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:44 pm

CTID wrote:
made in UK wrote:
CTID wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
CTID wrote:Hopefully we can start against you but we will see on Sunday. Any way hope it's a great game.

0-2 to Man City. Sorry fellas....(not really :p )

Well if its on Sunday thats me at an Empty stadium Satdee then in it :laugh:

We will win , that is all .

An Heimdell theres feck all wrong with NGog the lads trying gives it more a go than some of the others on the pitch, an stop agreeing with Mancs

S,hit. I thought it was on Sunday. I'm going with a few mates but none of em let me know what day it was. I guess they figured i knew.

I wouldn't be so over confident if i were you Nanny. We are a class act these days. Nothing like any City team you might remember. Plus we are due to give some team a slapping and in all honesty Liverpool look very poor.

I doubt you will be the team we will "slap" but don't go thinking you have a guaranteed 3 points as you would with Liverpool V City games in years gone by. Those days are well and truely gone fella.

I certainly doubt your starting 11 will be as confident of a win as you are laa.

"Class act these days" :laugh:

If anyone one sounds over confident its you fella.

Just make sure you come back on here after the game.

Ofcourse i'll be back here after the game. Win lose or draw.

If we win i will be gracious in victory and if we lose i will take all the flack you fellas can dish out. Afterall i've been a City fan for 30 years. I reckon i can take a bit of stick better than anyone by now.

I would'nt say i'm over confident at all. Your lad Nanny is the only fella here who seems to reckon we will be an easy game. I simply reminded him we aint the "Same old City" he remembers. On paper our starting 11 is better than yours IMO. Only Gerrard and Torres would be guaranteed of a place in our team. As for your lot. Barry, Tevez, Ireland, Robinho, Kompany, De Jong, Adebayor. I'm sure Benitez could find a space in your starting 11 for these fellas. When Benayoun first arived at Anfield a lot of people (a lot of LFC fans to boot) thought he was just a backup squad player. Now he is one of your most important players.....Go figure!

I think it will be a very close run and entertaining game. Liverpool have been dreadfull of late. When i look at your squad i have to shake my head and think what has happened to the fantastic youth development that Liverpool FC was famous for? fowler, Owen, Carragher, Gerrard. All world class players but i havent seen a player of that mold since. What you guys desperately need is some strength in depth. That is why i think we are "class". If you look at our squad we have great backup in every department and the best youth system in the league. Liverpool don't have a real "squad" imo.

If People think City are playing S,hit then I'll take that. We lay in 6th with a game in hand over all but Arsenal. We have lost only 1 game all season and no matter what people think of our defence the fact is only Chelsea have a better defensive record. So if people think We are S,hit. I'll take that kind of S,hit. It just shows how far we have come within the space of a year.

It is still way to early to say where either of us will finish. I speak a lot to the Arsenal lads on Gooner forum. They obviously feel the title is a realistic option let alone top4. I'm sure you all think you have a natural right to the top spots also. Well i believe City are just about entering the big time and when we do get CL footy the real superstars will arrive and we will just get stronger and stronger. Somebody has to buckle for that to happen. I'd preffer it to be Manure. But until Fergie leaves i can't see that happening. But without Gerrard and Torres Liverpool are very average IMO.

All in All. I'm nervous about this game. Of course i am. It's Liverpool at Anfield afterall. But i think a lot of people still refuse to wake up and take City for the serious threat they now are. Arsenal thought the same to their demise. Don't make the same mistake fellas.

If i was a City fan i'd probably be as optimistic about my side as you are...
Realistically, we have a better starting 11 than you do, and we have a better chance at making the top4 than you do...
You guys have a very good side, with strength in depth which will probably get you 5th spot for now, but i dont think you have the manager to get you into the CL yet...
Between the 2 squads the starting 11 would probably look something like this:

Given

Johnson
Bridge/Aurelio
Toure
Carra

Mascherano
Aquilani
Gerrard

Robinho
Benny/SWP

Torres 

Thats 6 spots for Liverpool players and 3 spots for ManCity players with 2 spots i couldnt really decide on...

Anyways, if we're not at full strength i think you lot have a very good chance of coming out of the game with all 3 points... Defensively we've been an absolute mess in recent weeks and the chances of us keeping a clean sheet are slim at best... If Gerrard and Torres are fit then i think we'll simply have too much for your backline to handle but i can see the game being an entertaining one for both teams...

Oh and Teves is useless in that setup you play... You need Ireland playing with Barry and DeJong with Robinho/Bellamy and a new right winger....

Good luck, you'll probably need it...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:48 pm

Pepe would start every week ahead of Given imo and until Aqualini starts i would have Ireland in their ahead of him .
Benny The Noon

Postby aCe' » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:51 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Pepe would start every week ahead of Given imo and until Aqualini starts i would have Ireland in their ahead of him .

Reina has better distribution but at everything else i think Given is the better keeper.... Agreed on the Aquilani part but i was talking about quality, which imo puts Aquilani ahead of Ireland for now... Barry and Mascherano is a tight one too, would have picked Barry ahead of Mascherano but i wanted to make it seem as if we had the far better side.... :glare:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CTID » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:24 pm

This is how i'd see a City/Liverpool mix team

....................Given...................
Johnson....Toure....Carra....Bridge.
......Ireland....Gerrard....Barry.......
...................Robinho.................
..........Adebayor....Torres...........

That team wins the league for sure :D

So i have 7 city and 4 Liverpool. I guess we will always slightly favour our own players though mate. I reckon Shay is the best keeper in the prem by a distance. He has already saved us god knows how many points this season. Forget all the big name superstars. He's our best buy by far. Aquilani is totaly unproven in the Premier league and until otherwise you can't possibly put him ahead of Ireland. Barry ahead of Mascherano. I know Masch can be quality but he is too 1 dimesional. De Jong is as good at DM but Barry outplays them both. Theres much more to his overall game imo.

I can't believe you never mentioned Ade??? That guy is top class. Not just as a goal scorer but his overall play is first rate. Alongside Torres upfront they would be the best strike partnership in the game imo.

A lot of people still need to remember This city team has only been together for 3 months. I think they look great for such an early stage in their geling period. and we will only get better as the season progresses.

Of course i think you guys will sort yourselves out rather sharpish though. I really think tomorrows game is 50/50 and if you win your season starts here. The ManU V Liverpool games are never a good place to judge where your team are at so while the win was great it doesn't say much. Too much emotion. You will know better after you play us. and the likes of Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea.

I reckon It's way to soon to say who will finish where in the league. It's well within our powers to finish in the top 4 above whoever. But ofcourse you will be favourites to finish ahead of us simply because your |Liverpool. But as we are all painfully aware, there is no such thing as an easy premier league game these days. So god (and prehaps Brian Clough lol) only knows how this season will pan out. But i'll tell you what. As a City fan. Being almost sick with nerves wondering weather we will make the top 4 is a much better feeling than being sick with nerves dreading the bottom 3. And that's for sure.

Anyway. We all know who the REAL enemy is don't we...........

CTID

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:03 pm

2008/9
pos                        P  W  D L  F  A  PTS

2   Liverpool            12  9  2 1 19 8   29
13 Manchester City   12  4 1 7 24 20  13

2009/10

pos                        P  W  D L  F  A  PTS

7 Liverpool              12  6 1 5 27 18   19
6 Manchester City    11  5 5 1 21 14   20 

Citeh have 7 points more while we have 10 points less than last season. From having a much stronger defence than Citeh ours is now worse, although our attack is now more prolific.
account deleted by request

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:27 pm

Team i have been sent not definate but what it looks like apparently from training

Reina
Johnson
Carra
Agger
Insua
Kuyt
Masher
Lucas
Benayoun
Gerrard
Ngog
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:05 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Team i have been sent not definate but what it looks like apparently from training

Reina
Johnson
Carra
Agger
Insua
Kuyt
Masher
Lucas
Benayoun
Gerrard
Ngog

This team should do the job on saturday.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:19 pm

I guess that placenta healing really worked then?
JoeTerp

Postby CTID » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:20 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Team i have been sent not definate but what it looks like apparently from training

Reina
Johnson
Carra
Agger
Insua
Kuyt
Masher
Lucas
Benayoun
Gerrard
Ngog

This team should do the job on saturday.

Isn't Benayoun injured?
CTID

Postby Fauxy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:50 pm

Riera and Benayoun are both back in full training.

Riera will most likely be on the bench, benayoun start at left wing.

Horse Placenta healed them both, as well as Johnson and Aurelio  :)
Fauxy

Postby LiverpoolFC_Kopite » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:02 pm

Johnson out according to sky sports news.
LiverpoolFC_Kopite

Postby Fauxy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:31 pm

Sky Sports News - Rafa Benitez

"We felt it was a good opportunity to send some of our players. We sent two, Benayoun and Riera and they came back and started training straight away.

"So we decided to send two more, Johnson and Aurelio, and the same thing has happened. They have been training and all four will be in the squad against City."
Fauxy

Postby LiverpoolFC_Kopite » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:38 pm

Hmm I must be going deaf could of swore it was torres and Johnson they said that were deffo out. Made up if Johnson plays though least he can at bridge who's absolute turd!
LiverpoolFC_Kopite

Postby CTID » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:40 pm

I've just watched a very good interview with Mark Hughes talking about the Liverpool game which you guys might like to watch. Man that guy could bore a glass eye to sleep but he knows what he's talking about.

You can watch it here:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/
Last edited by CTID on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CTID

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games