LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER CITY - Premiership 21-11-09

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby tubby » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:18 am

Redman in wales wrote:yossi and riera have been ruled out for 3 to 4 weeks....  :(

Oh FFS that's all we need. Riera has been injured all season.  :(

We need Stevie AND Aquilani fit and both starting against City.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheLad » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:30 pm

Dundalk wrote:Well by the time this is on Ireland will have qualifyed for the World Cup and the World will be a happier place :D

3-0 to the reds

Amen to that.  :p
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby europian-kings » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:30 pm

If N'gog grabs a goal, thats his 5th for the season, and time for my mate to get his liverbird tattoo :D

Im going for 2-1.

N'gog and Kuyt.
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby CTID » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:58 pm

I'd like to think that this year is our year but i'm still not convinced. Anfield has historicly always been a barron wasteland for us. Although i think you are suffering a startling lack of confidence very unlike Liverpool at the moment. If you beat us i think that will give you a big lift. But i don't think you will. We have drawn the last 5 in a row and people have critisised our defence but we are still the only team in the league to have lost only one game all season and only Chelsea have a better defensive record. We also have a game in hand over all but Arsenal.

I think it will be a good game. Having Gerrard back is a massive boost for you guys and i really rate Johnson but i think the loss of Torres is key (your only real goal scorer as Voronin and N'gog and both absolute :censored:). I think you are there for the taking. City just need to learn to kill teams off. Hopefully we can start against you but we will see on Sunday. Any way hope it's a great game.

0-2 to Man City. Sorry fellas....(not really :p )
CTID

Postby heimdall » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:07 am

CTID wrote:I'd like to think that this year is our year but i'm still not convinced. Anfield has historicly always been a barron wasteland for us. Although i think you are suffering a startling lack of confidence very unlike Liverpool at the moment. If you beat us i think that will give you a big lift. But i don't think you will. We have drawn the last 5 in a row and people have critisised our defence but we are still the only team in the league to have lost only one game all season and only Chelsea have a better defensive record. We also have a game in hand over all but Arsenal.

I think it will be a good game. Having Gerrard back is a massive boost for you guys and i really rate Johnson but i think the loss of Torres is key (your only real goal scorer as Voronin and N'gog and both absolute :censored:). I think you are there for the taking. City just need to learn to kill teams off. Hopefully we can start against you but we will see on Sunday. Any way hope it's a great game.

I think you're right, but then again I didn't think we had a chance goign into the Manure game so you never know, on paper you guys are stronger but you just never now with Liverpool these days.

Totally agree about Eggnog though, awful player despite scoring a few tap ins.
heimdall

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:36 am

CTID wrote:Hopefully we can start against you but we will see on Sunday. Any way hope it's a great game.

Well if its on Sunday thats me at an Empty stadium Satdee then in it :laugh:

We will win , that is all .

An Heimdell theres feck all wrong with NGog the lads trying gives it more a go than some of the others on the pitch, an stop agreeing with Mancs
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:58 am

JoeTerp wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:I meant as a sub too, though I don't think it'd be particularly risky throwing him in as a starter because he's brimming with talent and his attitude is spot on.

Holland play Italy on Saturday and then have another friendly midweek.

I also have to say that our reseve strength & conditioning coaches must be excellent because Pacheco has not only gotten stronger (as I would have expected since he came in so light) but he has also significantly improved his pace since arrivng.  From where I come from that seems quite rare. I mean everybody works to improve it, but from everything I have ever oberseved, fast people get faster and slightly fast people get slightly faster and everything is more or less a wash. But Pacheco has leapfrogged  in his pace from what I can tell.  He chases down lost causes all the time and either puts defenders under pressure or wins it back and creates a goal (like last night).  He was always quick in tight spaces, and he still isn't at Amoo or Eccleston's level of pace, but I think he has made great strides since he came.

Also, he always seems to get better as the game goes on.

And he is brilliant with the dead ball.

He's a bit small though, don't you think ? I mean, I could see him getting kicked around by a couple of heavy-hitting tacklers and that might be enough to put him off his stride completely.
From the Ressies games I've seen, you don't tend to get the full-blooded 'break a leg' challenge either intentional or unintentional that you see in the Premiership, and with the way Pacheco plays (deft touches, fancy tricks etc.) all it takes is for some lunatic like Fletcher, or Barry or whoever to lash him out of it and he won't play his normal game.
I suppose you could say the same for Benny but he's been around that bit longer, plus he's a seasoned international as well...he can kinda get away from those type of situations...

I have seen some viciuos tackles in the reserves, especially in the mini-derby.  He might be short, but he has gotten stockier and stronger than when he came, and has played in Liverpool senior cup games against teams like Waterloo dock, Southport, Formby, Marine, prescot Cables, etc.  So he has had his fair share of expereince against people only interested in kicking.  I think he has only missed 2 or 3 matches due to injury in the 2.5 years since he came here, so he seems a tough enough coookie.  Also, the coaches have wanted him to get further roughed up this year, so they have played him in central midfield in most games and he has been brilliant.  I don't think he could play there for the first team right now, but I guess the thinking is that if he is tough enough for CM at reserve level, maybe he can handle playing between the lines for the first team.

just want to bud  :D ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvlSvuhmHiM
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CTID » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:02 am

NANNY RED wrote:
CTID wrote:Hopefully we can start against you but we will see on Sunday. Any way hope it's a great game.

An Heimdell theres feck all wrong with NGog the lads trying gives it more a go than some of the others on the pitch, an stop agreeing with Mancs

S,hit. I thought it was on Sunday. I'm going with a few mates but none of em let me know what day it was. I guess they figured i knew.

I wouldn't be so over confident if i were you Nanny. We are a class act these days. Nothing like any City team you might remember. Plus we are due to give some team a slapping and in all honesty Liverpool look very poor.

I doubt you will be the team we will "slap" but don't go thinking you have a guaranteed 3 points as you would with Liverpool V City games in years gone by. Those days are well and truely gone fella.

I certainly doubt your starting 11 will be as confident of a win as you are laa.
CTID

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:23 am

CTID wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

S,hit. I thought it was on Sunday. I'm going with a few mates but none of em let me know what day it was. I guess they figured i knew.

I wouldn't be so over confident if i were you Nanny. We are a class act these days. Nothing like any City team you might remember. Plus we are due to give some team a slapping and in all honesty Liverpool look very poor.

I doubt you will be the team we will "slap" but don't go thinking you have a guaranteed 3 points as you would with Liverpool V City games in years gone by. Those days are well and truely gone fella.

I certainly doubt your starting 11 will be as confident of a win as you are laa.

Not over confident at all mate , Been there done it an got the t.shirt, But yous are not as good as what you think yous are , what i am confident of though is we will finish above you , You will not finish in the top four, Said it at the beginning of the season an im sticking to it, An if our lads dont go out on that pitch confident of beating you then they shouldnt be wearing the shirt, .

Alrite la
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:33 am

Will be happy with a draw..............

So 0-0 for me. Its imperative we don't concede any goals....then build from there.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:37 am

CTID wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

"Class act these days" :laugh:

If anyone one sounds over confident its you fella.

Just make sure you come back on here after the game.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby CTID » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:13 am

made in UK wrote:
CTID wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

Ofcourse i'll be back here after the game. Win lose or draw.

If we win i will be gracious in victory and if we lose i will take all the flack you fellas can dish out. Afterall i've been a City fan for 30 years. I reckon i can take a bit of stick better than anyone by now.

I would'nt say i'm over confident at all. Your lad Nanny is the only fella here who seems to reckon we will be an easy game. I simply reminded him we aint the "Same old City" he remembers. On paper our starting 11 is better than yours IMO. Only Gerrard and Torres would be guaranteed of a place in our team. As for your lot. Barry, Tevez, Ireland, Robinho, Kompany, De Jong, Adebayor. I'm sure Benitez could find a space in your starting 11 for these fellas. When Benayoun first arived at Anfield a lot of people (a lot of LFC fans to boot) thought he was just a backup squad player. Now he is one of your most important players.....Go figure!

I think it will be a very close run and entertaining game. Liverpool have been dreadfull of late. When i look at your squad i have to shake my head and think what has happened to the fantastic youth development that Liverpool FC was famous for? fowler, Owen, Carragher, Gerrard. All world class players but i havent seen a player of that mold since. What you guys desperately need is some strength in depth. That is why i think we are "class". If you look at our squad we have great backup in every department and the best youth system in the league. Liverpool don't have a real "squad" imo.

If People think City are playing S,hit then I'll take that. We lay in 6th with a game in hand over all but Arsenal. We have lost only 1 game all season and no matter what people think of our defence the fact is only Chelsea have a better defensive record. So if people think We are S,hit. I'll take that kind of S,hit. It just shows how far we have come within the space of a year.

It is still way to early to say where either of us will finish. I speak a lot to the Arsenal lads on Gooner forum. They obviously feel the title is a realistic option let alone top4. I'm sure you all think you have a natural right to the top spots also. Well i believe City are just about entering the big time and when we do get CL footy the real superstars will arrive and we will just get stronger and stronger. Somebody has to buckle for that to happen. I'd preffer it to be Manure. But until Fergie leaves i can't see that happening. But without Gerrard and Torres Liverpool are very average IMO.

All in All. I'm nervous about this game. Of course i am. It's Liverpool at Anfield afterall. But i think a lot of people still refuse to wake up and take City for the serious threat they now are. Arsenal thought the same to their demise. Don't make the same mistake fellas.
Last edited by CTID on Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
CTID

Postby made in UK » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:16 am

CTID wrote:
made in UK wrote:
CTID wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

Ofcourse i'll be back here after the game. Win lose or draw.

If we win i will be gracious in victory and if we lose i will take all the flack you fellas can dish out. Afterall i've been a City fan for 30 years. I reckon i can take a bit of stick better than anyone by now.

I would'nt say i'm over confident at all. Your lad Nanny is the only fella here who seems to reckon we will be an easy game. I simply reminded him we aint the "Same old City" he remembers. On paper our starting 11 is better than yours IMO. Only Gerrard and Torres would be guaranteed of a place in our team. As for your lot. Barry, Tevez, Ireland, Robinho, Kompany, De Jong, Adebayor. I'm sure Benitez could find a space in your starting 11 for these fellas. When Benayoun first arived at Anfield a lot of people (a lot of LFC fans to boot) thought he was just a backup squad player. Now he is one of your most important players.....Go figure!

I think it will be a very close run and entertaining game. Liverpool have been dreadfull of late. When i look at your squad i have to shake my head and think what has happened to the fantastic youth development that Liverpool FC was famous for? fowler, Owen, Carragher, Gerrard. All world class players but i havent seen a player of that mold since. What you guys desperately need is some strength in depth. That is why i think we are "class". If you look at our squad we have great backup in every department and the best youth system in the league. Liverpool don't have a real "squad" imo.

If People think City are playing S,hit then I'll take that. We lay in 6th with a game in hand over all but Arsenal. We have lost only 1 game all season and no matter what people think of our defence the fact is only Chelsea have a better defensive record. So if people think We are S,hit. I'll take that kind of S,hit. It just shows how far we have come within the space of a year.

It is still way to early to say where either of us will finish. I speak a lot to the Arsenal lads on Gooner forum. They obviously feel the title is a realistic option let alone top4. I'm sure you all think you have a natural right to the top spots also. Well i believe City are just about entering the big time and when we do get CL footy the real superstars will arrive and we will just get stronger and stronger. Somebody has to buckle for that to happen. I'd preffer it to be Manure. But until Fergie leaves i can't see that happening. But without Gerrard and Torres Liverpool are very average IMO.

All in All. I'm nervous about this game. Of course i am. It's Liverpool at Anfield afterall. But i think a lot of people still refuse to wake up and take City for the serious threat they now are. Arsenal thought the same to their demise. Don't make the same mistake fellas.

Is that what you're doing then, going round to the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool forums preaching that City are a serious threat?

I'm not nervous about playing City on Saturday. I'm confident the only thing you'll be taking away from Anfield on Saturday is the match programme.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:19 am

We're toothless upfront without torres , 1-2 . Adebayor with both for them and gerrard for us
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:36 pm

CTID wrote:On paper our starting 11 is better than yours IMO. Only Gerrard and Torres would be guaranteed of a place in our team. As for your lot. Barry, Tevez, Ireland, Robinho, Kompany, De Jong, Adebayor. I'm sure Benitez could find a space in your starting 11 for these fellas.

Listen, you seem alright (ie not so much as a wum but more like someone who just wants to debate/banter a bit) but this part is just ridiculous :laugh:.

Where the hell would Rafa fit in the likes of Kompany, De Jong and perhaps even Ireland and Tevez? If all our players were fit the middle three would consist of Masch (I know he hasn't been great this year but neither has Ireland for example), Aquilani (who admittedly we haven't seen nearly enough to judge yet but looks handy) and Gerrard, which would leave no room for any of the aforementioned players in our first eleven (Gerrard would be playing behind Torres which worked very well last year ie no room for Tevez). Maybe we could fit in Barry somewhere (on the left?) and Robinho would definitely get a spot in the team as a winger, whereas Adebayor would play too, IF we were to change our starting system to acccomodate two out and out strikers. Oh and you can say what you want about your defence but none of the players impress me that greatly (I admit ours don't exactly impress either atm though :(). Now Given is a great keeper (I've always admired him very much) but Reina is definitely no mug either. So by no means would I say your starting eleven was any better than ours. Perhaps you do have better squad depth though - and of course the money to invest even further therein.

Anyways, sorry for the long rant :D. Re the game I reckon it will be very tight and probably end up a draw. Had Torres been available I would be much more confident.
JamCar05

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games